Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 24 Samson Vs The Vampire Women
Film watched: Samson vs. the Vampire WomenThis episode was the swan song for TV's Frank.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode has examples of:
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence
- Comically Missing the Point: Frank wants to know if Dr. Forrester can come to Second Banana Heaven with him.
- Servo really gets into the moment of silence in the prologue.Servo: God, this is great, eh? This is so spiritual, I just can't believe it. [chuckles] You know what this silence thing is like? Well, I'll tell you. I feel like one of them trapper monks or somethin'. [chuckles] No kidding, really! I feel so purified, my soul is as smooth as a baby's behind! [laughs] And I'm not just talkin' insights here, noooo sir! I'm talkin' visions! I'm talkin' full-blown illumination! I'm talkin' about revelations shouted down from the mountaintops! I'm talkin' huge, deafening thunderclouds of truth! We're beyond mere silence here, friends! We're in a mega-silence! You've heard about the big bang theory of silence? This is it, man, ka-BOOM! [laughs] Boy, is it quiet! Wowwee, is this silence or what?! I feel enlightenment and satori! It's like I'm sitting under the Bodhi Tree!!
- Servo really gets into the moment of silence in the prologue.
- Continuity Nod: In the final scene, Dr. Forrester sings a snippet of "The Greatest Frank of All."
- After he states, "Watch me ROCK!", Frank makes the unusual throat sound that had been more or less abandoned since the third season.
- Corpsing: Listen to Crow lose it when El Santo enters the professor's office.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Crow's "heartfelt" goodbye to Frank.Crow: "Dear Frank, you are a pig. Love, Crow."
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming:Dr Forrester: Could you... push the button, Frank?Frank: [chuckles] Watch me ROCK.
- Designated Hero / Moral Dissonance: Invoked.Mike: Bested at every turn, he gets a chance to light some helpless women on fire.
- Due to the Dead: Mike has the 'bots write and read goodbye letters in honor of Frank's passing. Servo and Crow don't take it seriously one bit, leading Mike to chew them out for insulting someone who was actually pretty nice to them. Gypsy, meanwhile, delivers a rather eloquent and heartfelt goodbye letter.
- Foreshadowing: Frank's fortune cookie is an obvious example of this, but Dr. Forrester's fortune could be seen as such as well, considering his fate at the end of Season 7.Clay: "You will die alone and afraid, knowing not a single human being ever loved you. Lucky numbers: 3, 18, and 86." It's weird, I keep getting the same one!
- Hmm. Why would the Satellite of Love crew need to observe a moment of silence at the start of the show?
- Not a MaskMike: "It's part of the face: it doesn't come off!"
- Notable Original Music: "Who Will I Kill?" sung by Dr. F.
- Special Guest: Torgo the White (Michael J. Nelson)
- Shout-Out: Torgo the White recalls the introduction of Gandalf the White
- Took a Level in Badass: Well, being the messenger of an otherworldly power has to be a step up from a evil religious fanatic's lackey/pizza delivery guy, right?Frank: Hey, they fixed your knees!Torgo The White: ThErE aRe No BuM kNeEs In My WoRlD, cHiLd.Frank: How about your voice?Torgo The White: [Confused] W...wHaT aBouT mY vOiCe?
- Torgo still ends up being a Chinese food delivery guy - which may be a step up.
- Unexpected Genre Change: The film seems to be a standard vampire horror story, and the professor has just managed to summon Heroic Willpower and faith to shake off the mind control of the vampire queen... and then El Santo just walks into the room in all his silver-masked, bare-chested glory and the professor doesn't bat an eye. All Mike and the Bots can do is laugh hysterically.Servo: (as El Santo) I feel sort of silly right now. Did I overdress?
- And pretty much explicitly pointed out with "Sorry, do you need any wrestling done?"
- What Could Have Been: Master Ninja III was supposed to be the last episode of year 6, but changed to this film because Frank Conniff really loved the luchador genre.