The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: A letter read by Joel has Crow labeled Art, which became his nickname given by Pearl.
- The Alcoholic: Discussed as a comic device and parodied; when Crow and Servo begin to do impressions of their favorite "types" of funny drunks, such as "the 'I love you' guy" or "the party animal", they quickly go to much darker places than they intended (breaking down sobbing and having a stroke, respectively). Joel eventually realizes the segment might have accidentally turned into an after-school special.
- Big "Shut Up!": Servo loses it during one of Chase's songs:Servo: "Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UUUUPPPPP!"
- Coincidental Broadcast: Joel's Invention Exchange is a radio that plays nothing but these.
- Got Me Doing ItJoel, as the Gila Monster: Sing whenever I sing whenever I — oh, now I'm doing it!
- Running Gag:
- Making explosion noises every time the hero's jalopy visibly jumps while chasing the Giant Gila Monster with a load of nitroglycerine.
- Singing the theme to The Munsters when a jalopy appears.
- References to that stupid "Sing Whenever I Sing" ('My Baby She Rocks') song.
- Joel's imitation of the titular lizard with that "BLBLBLAAAHHHH" noise.
- And all that jazz about "SKID MARKS".
- Something is always out of the Sheriff's jurisdiction.
- The Sheriff being basically useless.
- That stupid Captain Morgan Pose that J&TBs calling the movie out on it.
- The French girl & Jerry Lewis movie references.
Old Man Harris: (bitterly drinks while soda jerk laughs)