Film watched: The Giant Gila MonsterThe movie was included in the 10th volume of Rhino Video's collections of the series, replacing Godzilla vs. Megalon after the rights to release that film were lost.
- Joel has grafted Crow's head onto Tom to make the Thing With Two Heads. They struggle to cope.
- Joel has created a radio which only picks up stations that you hear in film and TV. After punishing Frank for a false report of his death, Dr. Forrester presents punching bags that have Renaissance Festival characters depicted on them, like the Rat Catcher, Mug Maker, and Harlequin.
- Crow and Tom stop by Joel's new malt shop, converted from a broom closet. Joel pouts when they derail his script, and Gypsy accidentally tears down the walls.
- Joel and the 'Bots wax nostalgic for funny drunkards from throughout history, but the 'Bots get a bit too into their roles.
- Tom's respectful Servo on Cinema presentation on Ray Kellogg is continually interrupted by Joel and Crow. Lots of "leg up" body positions from the film are showcased.
- Joel and the 'Bots are hot new rock band Hee-La (no relation to Spy-Dor from Earth vs. the Spider), and they discuss their setlist. The first fan letter has Crow labeled as "Art" in its drawing; the second letter is from Frank, who gets brained with a flail by Dr. F for kissing up to them.
The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: A letter read by Joel has Crow labeled Art, which became his nickname given by Pearl.
- The Alcoholic: Discussed as a comic device and parodied; when Crow and Servo begin to do impressions of their favorite "types" of funny drunks, such as "the 'I love you' guy" or "the party animal", they quickly go to much darker places than they intended (breaking down sobbing and having a stroke, respectively). Joel eventually realizes the segment might have accidentally turned into an after-school special.
- During the film: "Who put sodi pop in my sodi pop?!"
- Big "SHUT UP!": Servo loses it during one of Chase's songs:Servo: "Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UUUUPPPPP!"
- Coincidental Broadcast: Joel's Invention Exchange is a radio that plays nothing but these.
- Got Me Doing ItJoel, as the Gila Monster: Sing whenever I sing whenever I — oh, now I'm doing it!
- I'll Kill You!: When Chase is singing to his sister:Crow: (through gritted teeth as the sister) "I'm gonna kill him!"
- Informed Attribute: Joel takes the monster's size to be this:Joel: (as the gila monster) "Oh, I'm big, I'm big, there's just no way to describe how incredibly huge I am..."
- Running Gag:
- Making explosion noises every time the hero's jalopy visibly jumps while chasing the Giant Gila Monster with a load of nitroglycerine.
- Singing the theme to The Munsters when a jalopy appears.
- References to that stupid "Sing Whenever I Sing" ('My Baby She Rocks') song.
- Joel's imitation of the titular lizard with that "BLBLBLAAAHHHH" noise.
- And all that jazz about "SKID MARKS."
- Something is always out of the sheriff's jurisdiction.
- The sheriff being basically useless.
- That stupid Captain Morgan Pose that J&TBs calling the movie out on it.
- The French girl & Jerry Lewis movie references.
- Chase having his crazy mother chained in the shed.
- Shout-Out: Just before the car crashes into the Gila monster:Servo: "The horror! The horror!"
Servo (as Gila monster): I'm still here, Happer. You Craphound!
- Immediately after the crash, Servo drops a Local Hero reference
Old Man Harris: (bitterly drinks while soda jerk laughs)