Film watched: City Limits
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains examples of:
- Berserk Button: Joel gets increasingly irritated with the Bots' repeated NBC Mystery Movie riffs every time a flashlight appeared. By the start of the next episode, Joel is putting them through Behavioral Conditioning.
- Call Back: Frank singing "I sing whenever I sing whenever I sing" to himself during the opening skit.
- Joel makes a quick joke about a phone in the movie being the Cheese Phone that the Mads once used in a previous invention exchange.
- Crow loses his eyes in the first segment and says "help me" in the same inflection as the random blind man from Rocket Attack USA.
- Joel references The Sidehackers, Mighty Jack and Pod People when singing to the credits, ending with his comparisons with a Curse Cut Short.
- Celeb Crush: Crow's crush on Kim Cattrall begins here and continues until The Magic Sword, where his affections switch to Estelle Winwood.
- Filk Song: The guys make up their own snarky lyrics to the end credits rap.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "Would you guys mind if I opened my umbrella here, I just thought that—you never know when something..."
- Glasses Pull: Observed in Kim Cattrall's character:Tom Servo: She just has those glasses so she can pull them off dramatically.Crow: I like it!
- Scenery Censor: Joel stands up just at the right time while holding an umbrella to obscure Rae Dawn Chong skinny-dipping.
- Seasonal Rot: In-Universe. For their Invention Exchange, the Mads use Pop Star Tupperware to keep the freshness in pop stars, with Morrissey as a start.
- Shout-Out: "Rules? In a knife fight?"
- Troll: Joel clearly was getting a kick out of using his umbrella.
- With Lyrics: The guys sing along with the end credits.