Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 09 The Hellcats
Film watched: The Hellcats
The MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- Call Back: Constant references to Ross Hagen's previous appearance in The Sidehackers
- Critical Research Failure: The film's director plays the Big Bad, rather than The Dragon that the guys keep making jokes about.
- Does This Remind You of Anything? / Getting Crap Past the Radar: Twice in the movie are scenes of the bikers suggestively spraying shaken beer all over themselves and other partiers. Crow remarks, "I hope that's beer..."
- Flashback Cut: All three host segments, shown as Joel and the 'Bots writing in their diary. The Colossal Episode Guide said this was done to save on scripting time, but ironically they took just as long as a normal episode to write.
- Incredibly Lame PunServo: "Scab"? How do you suppose they picked him?!
- It Was a Dark and Stormy Night: Tom writing in his diary.
- Mondegreen: The slurring of several cast members' lines makes them ripe for reinterpretation.Joel: Tractor mortars?!Servo: Pottery wheel?
- Name's the Same: Crow makes a big deal about a "Davy Jones" listed in the credits, insisting it's the same one from The Monkees.
- Noodle Incident: And a healthy dollop of Ho Yay on Joel's part, too.Crow: Did I ever tell you about the time Joel had be dressed as Judy Garland and had me sing show tunes to him all night? I have a lot of pain.
- Rhymes on a DimeServo: Hi! I'm Shelley. Hehe. Rub my belly! Hehehe!"
- Running Gag
- "That's the number __!"
- The biker sent to recover a drug stash from an impounded bike becomes "Kooky the Motorcycling Clown" for the duration of his scenes.
- Ship Tease: Tom briefly tries to hit on a fire hydrant in the film.