Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 09 The Amazing Colossal Man
Film watched: The Amazing Colossal ManThis episode was one of the first to be released on home video by Rhino in 1996. Its release was shot down by the film's copyright holder Susan Hart. It had no legal re-release since.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contain examples of:
- Bad Bad Acting: Joel as the Fifty Foot Man. "Ah! ::weakly punches the ground:: No!"
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The first day after Glenn's nuked, when a nurse checks his bandages south of the equator and suddenly runs off in a panic:Servo: Well, something's much bigger than she expected!
- Glenn's fiancee: "I'm still looking forward to our wedding night!"
- The title's displayed, one word at a time — The... Amazing... Colossal... Man:Crow: Oh, yeah, you wish!
- Running Gag: Crow and Servo making insensitive food-related riffs in regard to the burned/disfigured Glenn, and equally insensitive size-related comments after he starts to grow.
- And the Yul Brynner jokes about Glenn's baldness.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: During the host segment, the crew state that Glenn could've had a far more fun rampage.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 07 Wild Rebels Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day 91 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 13 Godzilla Vs The Sea Monster
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 08 Gamera Vs Gaos Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 10 Fugitive Alien