Film watched: Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster aka Ebirah: Horror of the Deep.One of two Godzilla films riffed on the show- right after another Godzilla movie!
- Joel read Crow and Servo's bedtime story, The Velveteen Rabbit.
- Joel presents his invention, the mind reading guitar. The Mads present their invention, the squeeze toy guitars. With their molemen roadies Jerry and Sylvia rocking along, the Mads perform "Plastic Man".
- Crow asks Joel about Godzilla's heritage, to which he and Servo perform the "Godzilla Genealogy Bop".
- Joel shows Crow and Servo models of famous buildings, poorly made out of random objects. Crow laughs but with Servo, they get worried about Joel's psyche, concluding he has Space Madness. With Gypsy, they destroy the miniature city for his own good. Crow and Servo soon find Joel in the theater alone, but he got better.
- Crow and Servo, dressed up like the Shobijin, make fun of them and Mothra, to which Joel tells the two to take it easy on making fun of higher beings. Then Mothra contacts the Satellite, telling the two Bots to knock it off.
- Beam Me Up, Scotty!, which lead into entries from the Cool Thing contest. Joel, Crow and Servo discuss examples of
The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Call-Back/This Is Gonna Suck: When the boat crew start climbing:Servo: Uh-oh.Joel: Oh boy.Servo: Guess what guys.All: Rock climbing.Crewman!Servo: Look up here, Cesar Romero and Hugh Beaumont?
- When Ryota and Yata are on a model sea, Crow and Joel say it's "fakie"
- Cassandra Truth: Joel doesn't believe that Crow and Servo meet Mothra.
- Continuity Nod: Footage of Godzilla jumping off the island was reused later in "Godzilla vs. Megalon" which was featured before this one. Servo points this out.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: In a segment, Joel has succumbed to Space Madness, and has begun building horribly-designed models of famous buildings, even mixing up their names at points. This scares the bots, who fear being taken apart by Joel to be used for other models. They decide to put a stop to it by destroying all of his work.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Joel will later build a replica of Monticello with toothpicks, with the intention of letting the bots destroy it.
- Servo dubs himself Servotron, Destroyer of Worlds!
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- I'm a Humanitarian: At Ryota's boat,Crow: What a piece of junk. Oh, Steve is really delicious!(Joel and the Bots mimic eating noises)Joel: Hey, don't talk with Steve in your mouth.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: The Red Bamboo are joked as such,Servo: Good shooting, you killed 8 of our men.Joel: Shoot randomly! Wait, you're killing our own men!
- Notable Original Music: The Godzilla Genealogy Bop.
- Running Gag: Since they missed the opening credits (and the Mads never mention the title of the film), Joel & the Bots keep asking what's the name of the film.
Godzilla!Mike Nelson!Crow: I grabbed a rock. And by time, my lungs were aching for air.Servo: Thank you Lloydzilla.Crow: I! Am! Kirok!
- Doubling with Running Gag, the Sea Hunt catchprase makes another appearance.
- Stock Footage: As this was the first film by Film Ventures Limited to be featured, the footage at the beginning is posterized scenes from Son of Godzilla. At least this time, it relates to the film than Pod People or Stranded in Space.
- Waxing Lyrical: When the film shows a temple,
- Wrestler in All of Us: Just like last time, Joel and the Bots play commentator to Godzilla and Ebirah's fight.Servo: Look at Godzilla go. I'll tell ya, there's no seafood lover in him.Crow: All these monster fights are rigged.
- Your Mom: At Godzilla and Ebirah's second bout.Godzilla!Joel: (To Ebirah) Well, your momma's a soft shell crab, how does that grab you huh?Ebirah!Crow: Oh yeah? Well your momma was Robert Oppenheimer.Godzilla!Joel: Well your father was a red lobster buffet! Huh?Ebirah!Crow: Your father was Raymond Burr!