Film watched: Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster
aka Ebirah Horror of the Deep
The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Continuity Nod: Footage of Godzilla jumping off the island was reused later in "Godzilla Vs. Megalon" which was featured before this one. Servo points this out.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: In the second host segment, Joel has succumbed to space madness, and has begun building horribly-designed models of famous buildings, even mixing up their names at points. This scares the bots, who fear being taken apart by Joel to be used for other models. They decide to put a stop to it by destroying all of his work.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Due to Toho's extremely protective attitude towards their most famous monster, it is very unlikely that this episode will ever see a DVD release.
- Notable Original Music: The Godzilla Genealogy Bop.
- Running Gag: Since they missed the opening credits (and the Mads never mention the title of the film), Joel & the Bots keep asking what's the name of the film.