Film watched: ''Godzilla vs. Megalon"Joel and the bots make fun of a Godzilla Movie that wasn't meant to be a Godzilla Movie.The shot of Godzilla's awe-inspiring tail-slide dropkick to Megalon would be incorporated in the show's opening credits for three seasons (3-5).
- Joel and the Bots introduce an array of household tips, special guests and other stories to be seen later.
- For this week's Invention Exchange, Joel and the Bots dress up in last minute costumes, as a movie theater floor, a Face on a Milk Carton and Jiffy Pop. The Mads also get in to the action, with Dr. Forrester as a foosball goalie and Frank as Geordi La Forge.
- While Crow and Servo look at incriminating Polaroids, they distract a nosy Joel with their own "monster creations".
- The SOL proudly presents: Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy!
- While shooting a commercial for their new popping corn, Orville Redenbacher and grandson take a dark turn to a family squabble.
- Joel upgrades the two Bots with new arms, Crow having a lobster arm and Servo a flamethrower. They soon play a subtitled version of the Jet Jaguar song and read letters. Meanwhile Frank cries over Super Mario Bros..
The MST3K version provided examples of:
- Call Back: During the first kidnap attempt, Crow tosses out a "HI-KEEBA!"
- Call Forward: The Stinger, a replay of the scene where Godzilla jumps into the water, is Stock Footage from Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster, which would be featured in the very next episode.note
- Combat Commentator: Joel and the Bots play this role when Godzilla and Jet Jaguar take on Megalon and Gigan.
- Face on a Milk Carton: Tom Servo's makeshift Halloween costume during the invention exchange.
- Gag Sub: Jet Jaguar's theme song is given one.
- I Have No Son: During the Orville Redenbacher commercial sketch, Crow (playing Orville) expresses a desire to disown his grandson (played by Servo) when the latter insults him.
- Running Gag: The constant cracks about Hiroshi wearing Wayne Newton's jacket.
- Everyone's hate of the laboratory stairs.
- The horrible, screeching dub on younger brother.
- The Seatopian Priest-King guy & his ridiculous outfit (complete with goofy Camp Gay Broadway/fashion-type references) and his resemblance to Tim Conway's Dorf.
- The Seatopian henchman being Oscar Wilde & Luciano Pavarotti. Especially heavy on the former.
- Crow speaking as Megalon in the manner of a Broadway/Vegas showman.Crow:(as Megalon during his big entrance) All right, forget everything you've seen until now. That's right, it's time for the headliner! For my first trick, I will use an ordinary metropolitan city...
- Stylistic Suck: The Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy intro in the third/fourth host segment.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Apart from the awe-inspiring tail-slide dropkick, parodied during the final fight, with Joel and the Bots serving as a commentary team and treating the fight like a professional wrestling tag match, complete with admonishments for Godzilla using a foreign object (a tree).Crow: He's got a tree! He's got a tree! That's not the Godzilla we know, he's fighting dirty!
Godzilla: (leaps from a cliff to the sea)