Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 02 E 12 Godzilla Vs Megalon
Film watched: Godzilla vs. MegalonThe shot of Godzilla's awe-inspiring tail-slide dropkick to Megalon would be incorporated in the show's opening credits for three seasons (3-5).
The MST3K version provided examples of:
- Call Back: During the first kidnap attempt, Crow tosses out a "HI-KEEBA!"
- Call Forward: The Stinger, a replay of the scene where Godzilla jumps into the water, is Stock Footage from Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster, which would be featured in the very next episode.note
- Combat Commentator: Joel and the Bots play this role when Godzilla and Jet Jaguar take on Megalon and Gigan.
- Face on a Milk Carton: Tom Servo's makeshift Halloween costume during the invention exchange.
- Gag Sub: Jet Jaguar's theme song is given one.
- I Have No Son: During the Orville Redenbacher commercial sketch, Crow (playing Orville) expresses a desire to disown his grandson (played by Servo) when the latter insults him.
- Running Gag: The constant cracks about Hiroshi wearing Wayne Newton's jacket.
- Everyone's hate of the laboratory stairs.
- The horrible, screeching dub on younger brother.
- The Seatopian Priest-King guy & his ridiculous outfit (complete with goofy Camp Gay Broadway/fashion-type references) and his resemblance to Tim Conway's Dorf.
- The Seatopian henchman being Oscar Wilde & Luciano Pavarotti. Especially heavy on the former.
- Joel speaking as Megalon in the manner of a Broadway/Vegas showman.Joel:(as Megalon during his big entrance) All right, forget everything you've seen until now. That's right, it's time for the headliner! For my first trick, I will use an ordinary metropolitan city...
- Shout-Out: Joel and the Bots sing the Speed Racer theme during the first chase sequence.
- Stylistic Suck: The Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy intro in the third/fourth host segment.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Apart from the awe-inspiring tail-slide dropkick, parodied during the final fight, with Joel and the Bots serving as a commentary team and treating the fight like a professional wrestling tag match, complete with admonishments for Godzilla using a foreign object (a tree).Crow: He's got a tree! He's got a tree! That's not the Godzilla we know, he's fighting dirty!