Film watched: The Blade Master
aka Cave Dwellers
Like Pod People
, this film featured an opening credit sequence that took scenes from a different movie. O'Keefe was allegedly amused by the show's take on the film and called Best Brains (MST3K
's production company) to personally request a copy of the episode. It is one of the most popular episodes of the series. The MST3K
version of the movie is available in both VHS and DVD formats. This movie is often cited as the movie you want to introduce somebody to the concept of MST3k and riffing on movies in general.
Compare with Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
and Quest Of The Delta Knights
- Catch Phrase: "How much Keefe is in this movie?" "Miles O'Keefe"
- AKA "Miles O'Beef"
- Quoth Mary Jo Pehl: "Every inch of Miles is a mile I want to travel." Or something to that effect.
- Side-note: Every time they have a chance, MSTies in MSTing fanfics of Deep Space Nine will recycle this joke. "How much Brien is in this story?" "Miles O'Brien!"
- Freudian Slippery Slope
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "It's Speedy Delivery Guy, and has he got a package!"
- Ho Yay: Mike Nelson in the Amazing Colossal Guide gets disturbingly lyrical about O'Keefe's bod.
- Hypocritical Humor: "Mockery is the ignorant man's weapon."
- Running Gag:
- Joel getting Thong's name wrong.
- Tempting Fate: Servo complains at the end of the episode that this was 'the worst movie' the Mads had ever sent them. Considering some of the films to come, he REALLY shouldn't have said that.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: The reaction by Joel and the 'bots to Ator's modern hang glider.
Servo: Oh, come on.
Crow: What the…?!
Joel: Terrific. (childlike voice)
I'm the luckiest boy in the world! I have slipped the surly bounds of Earth and touched the hand of God!
This is a little ridiculous. Okay, so... he kills a deer, he tans the hides, he stretches the skins, he makes an anodized aluminum frame, he learns how to extrude and weld… all in about five minutes, huh? ... learned aerodynamics...
"Thong, the fish is ready.