In Guards! Guards!, the first victim of the dragon gets this as a death scene: "He said 'Oh shi--' and died."
- This being Discworld, he got a chance to finish it, as his ride to the afterlife shows up. "—t."
- Later in the series, Greebo the cat invokes an identical half-line of dialogue — the latter when he finishes becoming human, the former when he starts reverting to a cat — when he suffers an involuntary shapechange.
- "OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT I'M GONNA DIE!" is practically Rincewind's catchphrase.
- To the point that when Butterfly asks him to say "something in wizard language," his first response is "Stercus, stercus, stercus, morituri sum."
- Trev Likely has an internal-monologue Oh, Crap moment in Unseen Academicals, when he realizes that the wizard who's supposed to use magic to prevent any cheating on the soccer field has just blocked all magic, including his own, from operating there for the duration of the game.
- It is frequent to hear OH SHIT whenever anyone realizes they've just said Monkey around the Librarian.
- From Small Gods:
"Those watching said, later, that when Vorbis looked up, his expression just had time to change before two pounds of tortoise, traveling at 20 meters per second, hit him directly between the eyes. It was a revelation."
- Likely the response of New!Death to this:
But Bill Door was already rising and unfolding like the wrath of kings. He reached behind him, growling, living on loaned time, and his hands closed around the harvest scythe. The crowned Death saw it coming and raised its own weapon but there was very possibly nothing in the world that would stop the worn blade as it snarled through the air, rage and vengeance giving it an edge beyond any definition of sharpness. It passed through the metal without slowing.
Bill Door: NO CROWN. NO CROWN. ONLY THE HARVEST.