This is the story about two kids (Rokuro and Benio) and their lives as onmyouji warriors. Rokuro once had the dream to be the greatest Onmyouji, or Exorcist, and to cleanse all impurities. But a tragedy in his past has made him no longer wish to have anything to do with exorcist. Enter Benio a girl who, through a tragedy of her own, wishes to be the greatest Onmyouji. Needless to say the two don't really get along.
A battle-manga from the creator of Binbougami Ga
its full of hilarious hijinks and awesome battle scenes.
Examples of tropes.
- Badass Family: The goal of Arima-sama is to have the two strongest onmyouji, Rokuro and Benio, mate. Because their child would then become the strongest Onmyouji ever with the title of "The Miko."
- Battle Couple: The Title translates to "Twin Star Exorcists" and is the title given to a married exorcist couple whose child will be The Miko, in this case Rokuro and Benio. While the two are more than a little bit against the couple idea, there's no denying that together they make an awesome team.
- Blood Knight: Benio really enjoy's fighting, to the point that she regularly enters Magano to fight Impurities instead of waiting for the ones already on earth to pop up.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: When Benio confronts the Impurity that killed her parents she asks if he remembers killing them he answers by asking if she remembers every ant she ever squashed. Averted later when he does in-fact remember because their Heroic Sacrifice was so out of the ordinary.
- Dance Battler: Benio's attacks all have dance in the name.
- Dual Wielding: Benio fights with two charmed blades.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Benio was pretty popular at her old school.
- Generation Xerox: Benio looks like her mother and acts like her father and has his love of Ohagi. Her fighting style is the same as theirs.
- Heroic Sacrifice: When given a choice between their lives or Benio's, Benio's parents dont hesitate to sacrifice themselves.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Averted, Benio and Rokuro are made to live together for the express reason that it will help them become a couple.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Rokuro and Benio are made to fight each other in chapter 2. Benio is more than willing, Rokuro is less than.
- Lone Survivor: Rokuro is the only survivor from an attack by impurities that killed eighteen of his fellow exorcist dorm mates.
- No Sense of Direction: Rokuro can't find a place on a map, when the map leads to his own house.
- One-Hit Kill: Rokuro uses a special charm that turns his right arm monstrous capable of one-shoting anything it hits.
- Paper Talisman: The charms that Onmyouji use are these. Benio uses several and Rokuro uses only a single jet black charm.
- Power Fist: Roukuro can turn his right arm into this.
- Powered Armor: Benio uses several Charms that gives her a magic version of this which improves her speed, armor, sight, and strength. Speed seems to be the main increase.
- The Rival: Benio considers Rokuro to be one after witnessing the power of his arm, Rokuro himself doesn't wish to be rivals but gets into after the two start fighting.
- Sadistic Choice: Benio, as an eight year-old child, is given ten seconds to decide which one of her parents will live and which one will die by a super strong impurity. When she failed to decide the Impurity then asked her parents if they or Benio should be allowed to live, with no hesitation they say Benio..
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Benio starts to ask Rokuro if he might be an exorcist after revealing knowledge of Magano but Rokuro denies being an exorcist before she even gets the first word out.
- Super Speed: Benio's fighting style envolves hitting the enemy hard and fast, very fast.
- Super Strength: Rokuro's charmed arm gives him incredible strength.
- Sweet Tooth: Benio
- Trademark Favorite Food: Benio really like Ohagi, a type of sweet made with rice and red bean paste.