Welcome one and all to my TV Tropes
Hard Gay, or Razor Ramon Hard Gay, is the stage name of a Japanese comedian and wrestler, Masaki Sumitani. To grossly simplify his act, his main gimmick was dressing in leather gear
in the name of attempting to help people in need... whether they want it or not. He's fairly well-known in many parts of the world, though he dropped the Razor Ramon stage name a while back, some time after being outed as straight
while being caught on a date.*
Not to be confused with the tropes concerning muscular, homosexual men. For that, see either Manly Gay
or Macho Camp
Not to be confused with the American pro wrestler Razor Ramon, real name Scott Hall
nor with Rick "Big Titan" Bogner's lame knockoff version
This gay man demonstrates the following tropes:
- Ass Kicks You: He uses hip attacks in his matches.
- Ass Shove: On occasion, will pull things out of his pants, looking as if he literally did an Ass Pull.
- Badass Gay
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: With Real Gay.
- Breakout Character: He was brought to HUSTLE by "Captain HUSTLE" Naoya Ogawa as a new member of the HUSTLE Army. Eventually, Hard Gay surpassed Ogawa in popularity and become the new leader of the stable.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Goes around helping people in the gayest way possible. Quite often, he's successful.
- Despite (or due to) his outlandish antics, he is a very effective wrestler, able to stand against much more powerful adversaries.
- Camp Gay
- Catch Phrase: Hello! I'm Hard Gay!, Sei sei sei sei, and HOOOOO!
- Cool Shades
- Couch Gag: Every show has Hard Gay introducing himself in a different way.
- Cowardly Sidekick: His friend Real Gay, real name Makoto Izubuchi.
- Double Entendre: Everything that comes (tee hee) out of his mouth.
- Dressed All in Rubber: His outfit is more PVC than it is leather.
- Evil Counterpart: Fake HG/Nise HG, his evil clone in HUSTLE.
- Face: The top one in HUSTLE.
- Face Heel Turn: He was kidnapped and subject to experiments by the Takada Monster Army in HUSTLE and became Monster HG, a Brainwashed and Crazy version of himself.
- For the Funnyz: In 2012, he and RG appeared in a Dragon Gate event as commentators and attacked Genki Horiguchi just because.
- Heel Face Turn: After several events, Monster HG was brought back to the good side thanks to Real Gay and The Power of Friendship.
- Hell-Bent for Leather
- Hurricane of Puns: Have you seen his Gayke? Or perhaps his lemons with Looots of Vitamin G!?
- Ignore the Fanservice: When he faced Yinlig the Erotic Terrorist in his debut match, her intents to seduce him were logically useless.
- Incompatible Orientation: Karate Girl, his HUSTLE female partner, had a crush on him.
- Large Ham
- Leitmotif: "Livin' La Vida Loca"
- Also known as, according to him, "that song I used without permission".
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: His attempts to help people sometimes backfire due to the crotch-thrusting stuff (at one point, he scares a bunch of kids).
- Painful Transformation: When he turned into Super HG.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Sunglasses at Night: Hard Gay still wears his sunglasses when treasure hunting in the Aokigahara Forest, including sleeping with them on.
- Super Powered Evil Side: His aggresive Super HG mode, gained as a side effect of the experiments done to him by Dr. Yoshiro Nakamatsu to clone him.
- Super Power Meltdown: It was revelated than the Takada Monster Army had been slowly brainwashing HG everytime he turned into Super HG. He ended becoming Monster HG.
- Those Two Guys: With Real Gay.
- True Companions: With Real Gay, Karate Girl and the rest of the HUSTLE Army.
- Verbal Tic: HOOOOO!