So, this next character is an Eaglelander, and her design should reflect that. Okay, blonde hair...blue eyes...175 cm (5 ft 9 in) tall... huge cans... Hmm. Is there some Fanservice potential here? This is when the answer to that question is "yes." In short, this is the stereotypical height and bust of Western (though not necessarily American) women used for Fanservice purposes. The male equivalent shows up in shoujo, josei and yaoi, where if there's an American guy around, he will be hot, blond, and have a great bod to go with his freakish height and lack of social norms (like kissing people goodbye and being shirtless in public). Related to Phenotype Stereotype. See also Chinese Girl, Everyone Looks Sexier If French, and Europeans Are Kinky. Compare and contrast Mukokuseki.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- The definitive example has got to be Hevn from Getbackers. When the artist felt that Hevn alone wasn't busty enough to combat the dark nature of the Divine Design storyline, he created Maria Noches, who is even more well-endowed.
- Weda in Haré+Guu is an Ambiguously Brown youthful mother who wears a Fur Bikini. In the school episode, the class Haré goes to (in "The City", where she was born) hangs a American flag (although it's also possible, that it's the room of the English class) and everyone has names common in Anglophone countries. The Jungle village she lives in also seems to be outside of Japan, since they called some Japanese dude Guu swallowed into one of her "stomachs" foreign.
- Kaere Kimura from Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei. This was subverted in the Onsen Episode: she may be Ms. Fanservice reliably, but she wears a full bodysuit in the Onsen Episode because whatever-she-is really aren't that keen on public nudity.
- Midori Days has Lucy Winradd, who Seiji bumps into and immediately recognizes as an American because of her blonde hair and Stars and Stripes patterned panties. She also happens to be an expy of Tiffany Lords, who's also an example of the trope.
- Variable Geo: Erina Goldsmith is the lone American entrant competing in the VG tournament. As such, she's blonde and busty, like you'd expect, and she and her team parade around in Playboy Bunny costumes. She also keeps a lighter tucked conspicuously in her ample cleavage, which she uses as a makeshift flamethrower when she fights.
- The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure: Diana is and drawn with striking pale blue eyes, a tall, nubile figure, and has a pronounced British accent. So naturally, Lupin can't help himself when he sees her and spends almost as much of the film trying to win her affections as he does searching for the fabled treasure.
- Mari from Rebuild 2.0. And she's not above shaming Asuka in the chest department either.
- Monica from Yakitate!! Japan, who wears an American flag bikini. It should be noted that she invoked this deliberately, so as to distract her opponent in the baking duel. Her opponent responded to this by stripping down to his loincloth.
- Everyone in Grenadier assumes that Rushuna is foreigner based on her three most noticeable assets: her golden hair, her gun, and her massive pair of boobs. The hair actually winds up getting her into trouble on one occasion.
- Tina Foster of Ai Yori Aoshi exemplifies this, although Taeko is bigger. Helped by being an interesting character.
- Cathy McMahon in RahXephon: Tall, blonde, busty, freckled face, wears a cowboy hat with her uniform, boisterous personality. Wears a very skimpy bikini in the Beach Episode.
- Played with in Love Hina. Unlucky Everydude Keitaro returns from an academic trip abroad; Naru (after spending much of his trip worried about all the trope-fitting girls that he was bound to encounter) finds a blond hair on his clothes and takes him to task for philandering. Turns out, it was a hair from a mysteriously blonde gorilla.
- Based on this trope, it's not a surprise that Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha's resident American, Alisa, officially got the second largest bust size amongst Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Suzuka, and her after the Time Skip.
- Wallace/Willis from the Digimon Adventure 02 movie, being American, naturally is blond with blue eyes (though they change to green during the course of the movie). Lampshaded in the dubbed version where Daisuke/Davis comments, "Yeah, yeah, back off there, blondie", after Wallace/Willis complements Miyako/Yolei.
- In the Di Gi Charat specials, the cast travels to the US and meets up with a full-blown 10-year-old Dejiko-fanboy, complete with blonde hair, Japanese with a weird accent ("De'jeeko'-chan!") and stars & stripes-colored Dejiko-cosplay.
- Sgt. Frog gives us the American "celebrity" (and one-time personal trainer) Melody Honey, a character from the author's previous work, Arcade Gamer Fubuki.
- Rachel "Castor" Stanley from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple. On top of being scantily clad and mightily endowed, she's also proven to be a gigantic Attention Whore who would do practically anything (especially strip) for a glance in her direction.
- Darker Than Black:
- November 11. Tall, blond, blue-eyed, and British, and was seen lounging around naked in one episode, and again in a manga omake.
- Brita, having the same Phenotype Stereotype and probably being American, and like November 11, lacks a concern for nudity, although in both cases, it's not culture that causes this behavior, it's sociopathy.
- The presumably American (she works for the CIA) Madame Oreille in the second season. She seems to spend an inordinate amount of time in swimsuits that show off her cleavage or getting a massage while covered in oil. Again, blond and blue-eyed.
- Lucy Mk II from the ecchi manga Yuria 100 Shiki. She's a blonde blue-eyed American sexbot, modeled after generations of playmates, who behaves like a nymphomaniac.
- Montana of Super Dreadnought Girl 4946 fits this. Her breasts are particularly huge, and she's rather hyperactive. Even Mana, a 50 meter tall girl with just as large body parts, is jealous of her body.
- The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service has the character Reina Gorn show up in one chapter. She's an American entomologist who is blond and busty and wears a cowboy hat.
- Axis Powers Hetalia parodies this with their Anthropomorphic Personification of America. His Phenotype Stereotype looks would have you think that this was how his character was meant to be, but he's actually a much better candidate for Adorkable than this trope.
- Shared between Emma and Hugh from Kimi Wa Petto: Emma has the bust, but is red-haired instead of blonde and is the same height as her Japanese co-workers; meanwhile, Hugh is blond, extremely tall, and a Chick Magnet.
- Discussed in High School D×D. Rias' tall height, large chest, and brilliant scarlet hair lead people to assume she's Scandinavian. Her homeland is actually in her last name, Gremory. She's from Hell.
- Played completely straight, on the other hand, with Asia and Xenovia. They're both Italian.
- Kuroko no Basuke features Taiga's mentor Alex Garcia. Tall, blonde, blue-eyed, busty, and with a propensity for hanging out naked while at home, as well as kissing other girls and kids. She's also a former WNBA player, and taught Taiga while he was growing up in the US.
- Didier, the French Exchange student from Son of Rambow. Heck, Even the Guys Want Him!!
- When it was announced that there would be a Hollywood version of The Ring, the Japanese made a few joke comics about "American Sadako". One of which, yes, she would be blonde and have big boobs. It eventually spawned a full-blown meme where Sadako, the black-haired child-Samara, and the blonde and large-breasted American Samara were all separate characters.
- Both parodied and instantiated by Areola in Not Another Teen Movie.
- Soldier of Orange: Susan, the British intelligence officer, has sex scenes with several members of the Dutch resistance.
Live Action TV
- Invoked in Game of Thrones. Daenerys Targaryen, a Shrinking Violet princess, is an Arranged Marriage with a barbarian Dothraki horselord. Wanting to get more control over her life, she asks former Sex Slave Doreah for some practical advice. Doreah suggests a more dominant approach in the bedchamber.
Daenerys: Err, I'm not sure that's the Dothraki way...Doreah: If he wanted the Dothraki way, why did he marry you?
- El Pasiero VENENO was pushed as such in Mexico for over half a decade, though no one got to see his Panameño appeal until after Gran Markus Jr. unmasked him.
- Los Guapos Internacional of CMLL, Toryumon Mexico and others are a shameless example, especially the rock hard ab displaying Marco Corleone, though smoothed skinned Alex Koslov aint too bad either(Shocker's not foreign).
- English females represent this well, especially in fighting games, and are designed either around the classic Bond Girl archetype or Evil Is Sexy villainess. Examples include:
- Cammy from Street Fighter, who was the first non-Asian female in the seminal series, and features the blonde hair and blue eyes associated with this trope, as well as a cut-glass RP accent in her most recent appearances.
- Ivy from the Soul Series is arguably the most fanservicy character in her home series, and combines a dominatrix style costume that shows off her enormous bust with an icy, no-nonsense (though undoubtedly sexy) Evil Brit personality.
- Christie from Dead or Alive is similar to Ivy above, with her statuesque build, gaping cleavage and platinum hair, though she's far more sadistic and ruthless.
- And of course, the number one all time video game Ms. Fanservice, Lara Croft, is a native Brit herself.
- Advanced Variable Geo: Erina "Erinrin" Goldsmith is a busty blonde American bombshell, who runs her own casino and works in a bunny costume.
- Darkstalkers has Felicia, a voluptuous Cat Girl hailing from America, and also is colored in blue, white, and red. Morrigan (Scottish) can also qualify.
- Tina Armstrong from the Dead or Alive game series. She is an american professional wrestler and has a cowgirl-themed costume in any games.
- Iowa's outfit in Kantai Collection invokes this, due to her design being based on pin-up girls found in US recruitment and propaganda posters, as well as in war bond drives.
- It's worth noting that despite her role as Ms. Fanservice, Mai Shiranui is actually far from having the largest bust measurement in The King of Fighters (at least if you go by official 3-sizes); Shermie (French, 92 cm), Elizabeth (French, 90 cm), King (French and blonde, 86 cm), Angel (Mexican, 92 cm), and Blue Mary (American and blonde, 86 then 88 cm) all are (or were at one point) among those bigger than Mai (85 cm at first, 87 by KOF 2003). In KOF Maximum Impact 1, Lien Neville (British, blonde) is actually given a larger in-game chest than Mai's, but no official measurements are provided.
- When first introduced, Blue Mary filled this role in Fatal Fury 3 and Real Bout 1 when her bust was more emphasized than Mai's. In Mark of the Wolves, without any of them present, B. Jennet (British and blonde) is both Foreign Fanservice and Ms. Fanservice.
- King (French) was also the original Foreign Fanservice in the first 2 Art of Fighting games. Sure, she was always fully dressed, but if you defeated her by KO...
- Invoked and played dead straight by Vert in the Neptunia franchise. Being the CPU of the foreign nation Leanbox, she is of course tall, blue-eyed, blonde-haired, and openly proud of having the biggest rack of the cast.
- Anna Lindhurst from Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, the American, is the tallest of all six cheergirls, has blonde hair, and the largest breasts.
- Overwatch: Tracer's a spunky young Brit with a thick accent and proudly has the Union Jack emblazoned on the left shoulder of her flight jacket. She's also got stewardess legs and wears a skintight yellow track suit. But what she's really become famous for.... is her butt. Official art and plentiful fan art repeatedly place strong emphasis on her shapely hindquarters.
- Rival Schools: Tiffany Lords epitomizes the trope — from her blonde hair and large bouncing breasts, to her Stars and Stripes patterned cheerleading outfit and bright red boxing gloves.
- Rose from the Street Fighter Alpha games probably fits as well. She is Italian, y'know, and along with Cammy (a Brit) and C. Viper (American), she's one of the few actual Caucasian women in the series — most of the series' females are Japanese, even though some of them (Karin, Mika, Maki) certainly don't look it.
- Crimson Viper. American and her 98cm bust is the biggest among any female in the series.
- Lilly from Katawa Shoujo is half-Scottish and is the tallest of all the girls, along with having wavy blonde hair.
- The ninjas from No Need for Bushido, for some reason.
- Leona from Ronin Galaxy is a good example of this trope. Interestingly enough, she fills the role from a Japanese viewpoint, though the comic is western.
- Agent 300 is this to Agent 250 in Niels. It has been pointed out several times in the comic and by the creator that Agent 250 has a Scot fetish, particularly for the Glaswegian accent that 300 only lapses into when drunk. The title character, Niels, has a distinct fetish for black people. Despite being set in America, this counts because he was raised in Denmark, where the black population is very sparse.
- The appeal of many movie stars outside the USA is mostly based on their exotic eroticism. Even if they were born in the USA and speak fluently English they may still be cast as a primitive/savage foreigner from outside the modern Western world. Examples:
- Africa: Josephine Baker (despite being born in the USA she was often cast as a stereotypical wild black African from the jungle)
- Arabia: Rudolph Valentino, despite being Italian born, was cast twice as a romantic Arabian sheik.
- China: Bruce Lee (despite being born in the USA), Lucy Liu
- Egypt: Theda Bara, despite being born in the USA, was cast as a mysterious woman who presumably was born in Egypt.
- France: Brigitte Bardot
- Germany: Marlene Dietrich
- Greece: Melina Mercouri
- Italy: Sophia Loren, Anna Magnani, Rudolph Valentino
- Japan: Sessue Hayakawa
- The Netherlands: Sylvia Kristel, Famke Janssen
- Spain/Mexico/Cuba: Antonio Banderas, Benicio del Toro, Penélope Cruz, Salma Hayek
- Sweden: Ingrid Bergman, Greta Garbo, Anita Ekberg
- United Kingdom: Hugh Grant, Cary Grant, Ewan McGregor, Sean Connery, Liz Hurley, Catherine Zeta-Jones