Catherine Zeta-Jones (born Catherine Zeta Jones; 25 September 1969) is a Welsh actress. She began her career on stage at an early age. She is married to Michael Douglas.
open/close all folders
She appeared in
TV & Film
- Splitting Heirs
- The Return of the Native
- Catherine the Great
- Titanic (1996)
- The Phantom
- The Mask of Zorro
- The Haunting (1999)
- High Fidelity
- America's Sweethearts
- Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
- Intolerable Cruelty
- The Terminal
- Ocean's Twelve
- The Rebound
- Rock of Ages
- Side Effects
- Red 2
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Majority of her roles.
- The Cast Show Off: Best demonstrated in Chicago.
- Fake Nationality: Rarely plays a Welsh character, if she played one at all.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: There are times that she appears really pale.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Her character in Traffic was changed to a pregnant woman, because she herself was pregnant at the time with her son, Dylan.
- What Could Have Been:
- Was in consideration for the part of Satine in Moulin Rouge! but Nicole Kidman, who went on to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her performance, was cast instead.
- Was originally approached to play "Roxie" in Chicago, but wanted to play Velma Kelly because of the song "All That Jazz". Renee Zellweger ended up winning the role of Roxie.
- Was considered for the role of Jane Smith in Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
- Turned down the role of Claudia Nardi in the musical 9 when Rob Marshall refused to expand the part for the film. Nicole Kidman was later cast instead.
- Russell T Davies wanted her to play the 11th Doctor on Doctor Who.