Music: Shirley Bassey
Shirley Bassey is a Welsh singer born in 1937, affectionately and spooneristically referred to as "Burly Chassis".Bassey is particularly noted for being the only person to have sung more than one of the James Bond Title Theme Tunes, including the themes for Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, Moonraker, and the original themes for Thunderball ("Mr Kiss-Kiss Bang-Bang") and Quantum of Solace ("No Good About Goodbye") before the studio decided to go with Tom Jones and Alicia Keys respectively.Her other famous songs include:
- "Big Spender" ("Hey, Big Spender!")
- "As Long As He Needs Me" (From Oliver!)
- "History Repeating" (a collaboration with Propellerheads)
- Believe it or not, a cover of "Get The Party Started" (even included on Dancing On Ice)
- Geri Halliwell's "Look At Me" definitely has a hint of Bassey to it.
- At points - the Title Song for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, the song takes on the Bassey-style, appropriate considering the other Spy tropes it plays with.
- Richard Cheese did a lounge cover of "Rock the Casbah". Changing the pitch of it turns the cover into a dead-on Bassey pastiche.
- The opening theme for Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me is a parody of Bassey's Bond themes.
- Roza Rymbaeva used this in her debut song "Alia."