Bullet for My Valentine are a Metalcore
band from Bridgend, Wales
. They formed in 1998 as Jeff Killed John. The members are: Matt Tuck (vocals, guitar), Padge (lead guitar, backing vocals), Jay James (bass, Metal Scream
) and Moose (drums).
Also, try not to confuse them with My Bloody Valentine
, it's been a problem.
They have four albums out:
- The Poison (2005)
- Scream Aim Fire (2008)
- Fever (2010)
- Temper Temper (2013)
This band provides examples of:
- Album Title Drop - Scream Aim Fire and Fever
- Badass Beard - Padge
- Emo - The band have been accused of being emo in the past due to pensieve lyrics and Matt Tuck's appearance during the Hand of Blood/Self titled EP.
- However, due to Matt's clean singing style and the band's rather "Wangsty" lyrics, they are arguably the closest thing to emo that metal has right now. Listen to songs like Hit the Floor and just try to deny it, whether you like the band or not.
- For what it's worth, Tuck has more or less acknowledged that they're a pop band with a very thin metallic sheen.
- Intercourse with You: "Fever"
- Keet: Jay is known for being rather hyperactive during shows or interviews
- Mr. Fanservice: A fair share of Bullet's fans are female due to Matt's appearance.
- Metal Scream - All 3 types.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness - 7 to 8, with their softer songs in the 4-6 range.
- New Sound Album - Fever has more '80s Hard Rock influences than the previous albums
- Rearrange the Song - Bullet have reworked several of their songs from Jeff Killed John into material for their debut album "The Poison" and their first EP.
- The Pete Best - Original bassist Nick Crandle left when the band renamed themselves Bullet For My Valentine and shifted to Metalcore, feeling the band would get nowhere. He was wrong.
- Your Cheating Heart - Room 409 is about a man walking in on his partner giving oral sex to another man. Tears Don't Fall appears to tell a story of a man cheating on his partner and feeling guilty about it.
- They might even be the two halves of the same story.