Henry William Dalgliesh Cavill (born May 5, 1983) is a British actor, known mainly for his roles in The Tudors, Immortals, and for being the latest movie incarnation of Superman, in the DC Extended Universe. Also well known for his bad luck, consisting in a long string of near-misses in landing important roles before his rise to prominence.
- The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) as Albert Mondego
- Hellraiser: Hellworld (2005) as Mike
- Tristan and Isolde (2006) as Melot
- Stardust (2007) as Humphrey
- The Tudors (2007 — 2010) as Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk
- Whatever Works (2009) as Randy Lee James
- Immortals (2011) as Theseus
- The Cold Light of Day (2012) as Will Shaw
- DC Extended Universe (2013 — present) as Clark Kent / Superman:
- The Man From UNCLE (2015) as Napoleon Solo
This actor provides examples of:
- Clark Kenting: Cavill tested an inversion of this by wandering around Times Square, which had giant ads for Batman V Superman around, while wearing a Superman shirt. Nobody recognized him.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: Who do you think his incarnation of Superman gets it from?