"I met this fucking dude in person, I was working on some awards show and there he's standing, right there, and I was like fuck! I was blown away. Like, Jesus Christ, he's fucking beautiful. And he looked at me and he's like: 'Hello' and I was like, I fucking shivered, I started shivering, like fuck! Fucking gorgeous!"
Ewan McGregor is a popular Scottish
actor, internationally known for his role in the Star Wars
prequels but spends just as much time with niche, indie and art house films. List Of (Some) WorksTheatre roles
- Actor Allusion: A completely accidental one happened during The Men Who Stare at Goats, which was based on a true story. They really did refer to the men as "Jedi". McGregor just also happened to have played a Jedi Knight in Star Wars.
- Badass Biker: He is indeed. See his Long Way Round and Long Way Down series, that consist of travelling all the way around the world by motorbike.
- The Cast Showoff: He can sing.
- Deadpan Snarker: Often in interviews, frequent in the characters he portrays.
- Dyeing for Your Art: He's a brunette. Note his blond hair in I Love You Phillip Morris
- Fake American: His role in I Love You Phillip Morris, amongst others.
- Fake Brit:
- His accent in Star Wars, though that's more like Fake English. He is British (Scottish) anyway, but affected an English accent for Star Wars.
- His role of Frank Churchill in Emma.
- Fanservice: He isn't shy about showing off.
- Faux Yay: Is straight, but has no problem behaving very affectionately with his male friends. Legendarily and infamously kissed Star Wars co-star Hayden Christensen at the Revenge of the Sith premier, and is on record for "quite enjoying" tonguing Jim Carrey on and off screen.
- Hey, It's That Guy!
- Hey, It's That Voice!
- I Am Not Obi-Wan Kenobi: He does prefer to distance himself from the famous Jedi Master, though that's not to say he didn't enjoy working on the Star Wars prequels.
- Japandering: A lot of them.
- Money, Dear Boy: His reason for doing many of his blockbuster films is to get enough money so he can concentrate on smaller films that would give him little payment. Usually Scottish indie films.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: His American accent in I Love You Phillip Morris does waver in several scenes.
- Promoted Fanboy: "I've been waiting nearly twenty years to have my own light saber. Nothing's cooler than being a Jedi Knight."
- Denis Lawson, who played Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy, is his uncle.
- Star-Making Role: Trainspotting
- Tenor Boy: As Christian in Moulin Rouge!.
- Type Casting: Averted. He turned down the role of James Bond in the 2006 film Casino Royale so this wouldn't happen.