Creator: Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is an American actress, born in 1984, currently best known for being Ramona in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. She is rather a "scream queen", having been in Final Destination 3 and the remake of Black Christmas (2006), as well as Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof. She got much more mainstream exposure playing Bruce Willis' daughter in Die Hard 4.0/Live Free or Die Hard, and playing a dancer in Make It Happen.Now that Jennifer Connelly is getting on a bit, Winstead is probably the best hope for a movie star Girl Next Door type.
Notable roles of Mary Elizabeth Winstead:
- Passions — Jessica Bennet #1
- The Ring 2 — Young Evelyn
- Sky High — Gwen Grayson/Royal Pain
- Final Destination 3 — Wendy Christensen
- Black Christmas (2006) (The Remake) — Heather
- Live Free or Die Hard — Lucy McClane
- Death Proof — Lee
- Make It Happen — Lauryn Kirk
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World — Ramona V. Flowers
- The Thing (2011) (2011) — Kate Lloyd
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter — Mary Todd Lincoln
- Smashed — Kate Hannah
- A Good Day To Die Hard — Lucy McClane
Tropes Associated with Mary Elizabeth Winstead:
- Aloof Darkhaired Girl: Her characters tend to play with this trope a lot, but it's usually downplayed or subverted.
- The Cast Show Off: Make it Happen is pretty much made to see how well Mary dances. Happens unintentionally in Death Proof, where Tarantino wrote her character a scene where she's singing along with her mp3 player, unaware that Winstead is also a pretty decent singer.
- Deadpan Snarker: Does this in a few roles, and does it really well.
- Dye Hard
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Hey, It's That Girl: Had a minor role in The Ring 2 as a younger Evelyn.
- Ms. Fanservice: Particularly in Make it Happen. She is also listed in the "Hottest Women" lists.
- Playing Against Type: In Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
- Scream Discretion Shot: Goes with the territory of being known as a "Scream Queen". Until The Thing (2011), anyways.
- She's Got Legs: Obviously, look at that picture. Also, in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
- Technopath: Her character in Sky High is the Trope Namer.
- What Could Have Been: The part of Maria Hill in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was a toss-up between her and Cobie Smulders (who ultimately got the part). She was also considered for Sharon Carter in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, before that went to Emily Vancamp.