open/close all folders
Films — Animation
- Esmeralda's dance at the Feast of Fools in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Her actual dress isn't much skimpier than her regular outfit, but she lifts it enough to show off her legs and bare feet, and at the end she grabs a spear from a guard, sticks it into the stage, and spins around it. She even jumps into Frollo's lap and ties a scarf around him, which he remembers a little too well for anyone's good.
- Justified in The Great Mouse Detective. Miss Kitty's song-and-dance number is period-accurate for Victorian-era England, with her just showing some leg in a leotard. Her song also has plenty of Getting Crap Past the Radar.
- Gazelle's tiger dancers in Zootopia reach Mister Fan Service levels of this trope.
Films — Live-Action
- Because of Jessica Alba's refusal to appear topless, Nancy's performance at Kadie's Club Pecos in Sin City ends up being this.
- None other than Gypsy Rose Lee herself performs an extremely family-friendly strip in Stage Door Canteen (1943). Mostly, she removes various undergarments, such as a petticoat and garter belt, from under a voluminous skirt and then holds them up.
- Darling Lili contains two striptease scenes but still received a G rating in 1970.
- Amy's act at Club Scum in Hobgoblins.
- In Gilda, securely within Hays Code years, Rita Hayworth performs an amazingly sexy strip-tease ... in which she takes off a single glove.
- Enforced in Shish O Besh, where Panis poses as a very fully-clothed hooker and Sexy Secretary for various cons. Iranian films are subject to fairly strict censorship, and genuine Fanservice is limited to showing the face and a little hair. The rest must be implied.
- Lady Of Burlesque a movie about a burlesque theatre shows only skimpy costumes and emphasises the comedy performance. As this was during the days of the Hays Code, no stripping is shown at all. They still do at least have a murder being done with a G-string.
- Sucker Punch features a brothel (or a fantasy of one) where the girls only perform in sexy costumes. There is no stripping or nudity shown.
- How I Met Your Mother features scenes inside the Lusty Leopard strip club on several occasions, but this is still broadcast TV (also, getting Alyson Hannigan to do a stripper act while pregnant was pretty unlikely). So the Lusty Leopard is a well-lit strip club, where the performers wear elaborate burlesque costumes that never come off, and where the music is sufficiently muted to permit the dialog.
- Most of the strip clubs visited in CSI end up being this.
- In Eva Ibbotson's The Secret of Platform 13, the complicated plan of the magical creatures to kidnap their lost prince back involves the fairy of the group replacing a dancing girl, in order to distract the people. The usual dance number is a striptease where the light is switched off exactly when the last veil could fall. The very prim and proper fairy consents to the plan, but insists on wearing her very long, very decent underwear under the seven veils, just in case there's a problem with the light switch. Hilarity ensues.
- Magnum TOKYO was a stripper character, but naturally he only stripped down to his wrestling tights.
- Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins debuted a striptease gimmick (while WWE was PG no less) but Reks asked for his release a week later. In their one appearance with the gimmick, they stripped down to trunks.
- Randy Orton hosted a striptease segment one night when he was in charge of Raw. The girls only stripped down to modest lingerie.
- The Simpsons :
- At the time of the episode "Homer's Night Out" aired on FOX, the animators couldn't get away with showing an actual stripper. So, they made "Princess Kashmir" a Belly Dancer instead.
- Parodied when Mr Burns tries to organise a basketball halftime show. He has a troupe of girls called the 'Basket Belles' dressed in 1910s dresses. They only give the crowd a glimpse at their ankles.