open/close all folders
- The Most Interesting Man in the World doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis (XX ). Stay thirsty, my friends.
- After War Gundam X has, of course, the Mid-Season Upgrade MS, the "Gundam Double X". However, this is justified in that it was designed to possess double the firepower of the Gundam X, as well as two Sattelite Cannons, essentially making it twice the Gundam the X was. It's also played with in that despite its pronunciation, "XX" appears nowhere in its name or designation.
- However, the designations of the Gundams in Mobile Suit Gundam Wing play this straight, with all of their alphanumerics beginning with "XXXG".
Live Action TV
- Scooter's lead vocalist H.P. Baxxter, whose real name is actually Hans Peter Geerdes. H.P. first started using the surname Baxxter back in the 80s when he was part of the synthpop group Celebrate The Nun, and it was no-doubt chosen because of gothic coolness associated with the double x.
- Underworld's Born Slippy (N.U.X.X.)
- They Might Be Giants' "S~E~X~X~Y", which is always pronounced as the 5 letters. Not explained, except "because it's extra, baby".
- The xx named themselves after this, although they were originally X until they realised there were other bands with that name (their album cover was kept the same).
- There are numerous bootleg compilations called Ultra Rare Traxx or Trax. Calling them 'Traxx' was a way of disguising the fact that they weren't always songs.
- Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.
- Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe, Sixx:A.M., etc.
- Tower Bloxx
- Boxxle, a Sokoban game on the original Game Boy.
- Vexx, a Platform Game.
- Rumble Roses XX. If there ever were a third game, which there probably won't, perhaps it would have been called XXX.
- And similarly, Guilty Gear XX.
- Akumajō Dracula XX, the Japanese title of the SNES game Castlevania: Dracula X.
- Its later adaptation, Hexxagon
- Rexxon, the villainous alien race in the flight simulator Epic
- Naxxramas, a raid dungeon in World of Warcraft.
- Cardiaxx, a sci-fi style shoot 'em up for the Amiga.
- The X-Nauts in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door have a computer named Tec-XX. This is a Stealth Pun, actually: "double cross".
- Some of the songs in the Max series in Dance Dance Revolution add a second X for good measure, like "MAXX UNLIMITED" and "Fascination MAXX". The course with all the Max songs is called "MAX of MAXX"
- The character of Mad Moxxxi from the Borderlands series.
- Clone Bloxx
- The Vaxxians, the enemies of the Atari Vector Game Major Havoc.
- The company Blaxxun (originally spelled "Black Sun").
- Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- Minolta Maxxum cameras (now Sony Alpha).
- Redd Foxx (real name: John Elroy Sanford)
- As a tribute to Redd Foxx, actor/comedian/singer Jamie Foxx (real name Eric Marlon Bishop)
- XXX-rated movies. This is really just a marketing gimmick, implying "X" is dirty. (Even if a lot of legitimate films were rated X.) And that "XXX" is three times dirtier.
- Exxos, a short-lived Science-Fiction Video Games publishing label of ERE Informatique, a French video game company of the 1980s.
- The new FXX Network, which is of course a spinoff of FX Networks.
- Epyx published several action-oriented games under the "Maxx Out!" label.
- NASCAR team owner Johnathan Cohen originally named his team XXXtreme Motorsport when it launched in November 2012. A little less than two years later, he renamed the team to Team XTREME Racing.
- During the IRA bombing campaign on the British mainland in the 1970s, the IRA used to include the codeword "Double X" in all their forewarnings to the police.