This game contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: Your player character is made to invoke this intentionally, which works out pretty well since you can propose to men, women, and a dog.
- And I Must Scream: Jack suffers from such a fate in his ending, in which he realizes he is a character in a video game, and is reset for gaining self awareness. He begs the player to help him right before the credits roll.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Jenna is more than willing to heal you if you're hurt and share her lunch with you, but she's ends up cutting three of your fingers off in a duel in her ending to protect her honor. On the other hand, she's still more than willing to add you on Steam.
- The Casanova: Several achievements require you woo every possible character, but not propose to them.
- Creepy Twins: Twins A and B count as this. They're found in a completely dark room, an unsettling variation of Pop Goes The Weasel plays in the background as you talk to them while images of skulls flash in the background... and you can propose to them.
- Gainax Ending: Rockstar's ending. Full stop.
- High On Catnip: You have to give catnip to Rockstar before you can propose to him.
- Multiple Endings: There are over 15 different endings.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: This takes place during Reid's ending. A chiptune rendition of "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory plays while Reid's wife, Camielle, comes after you with a gun... for giving him candy.