Lets Play: Criken 2
Criken2 is a gamer and Youtuber who showcases him and a few of his friends playing games. They typically are in co-op, with all the shenanigans that entail. Notable in that he may play through an entire game, record it all, and only uses the funniest or most insane parts of it. This has led to all of his videos being very humorous.Criken usually works with game clips tied to a particular game, but also does a series called "Criken's Fun House", which have clips not tied to any particular game, and a side series meant to satiate the fans waiting for "Criken's Fun House" called "Criken's Quickies". They, nonetheless, seem to update rather sporadically as of late. Is part of Polaris and sometimes collaborates with Broteam. His face, which was until recently never seen, was revealed in the Pax Podcast of what was then TheGameStation, which can be viewed here.
Tropes that appear in these videos:
- Aborted Arc: Whenever he reaches the third video in a series (Dark Souls 2 Co-Op, Dead Island Riptide: The Adventures of Sam B, etc.) the preview for Part 4 will be shown at the end. And then never released.
- Justified for The Adventures of Captain Andytrout, as his hard drive was corrupted and the footage was lost. He plans on continuing the series someday.
- Axe Crazy: Boon, who sometimes gets really into a game.
- Butt Monkey: Everyone gets a go-around at some point, depending on their experience, but Skippy tends to fulfill this role.
- Buffy Speak: Criken has not been exempt from this, displaying some traits in certain videos.Criken: OH! HES A...A ASSASSINS CREED!
- Catch Phrase: Criken and his friends have many of these.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Criken is signified via white text, Skippy tends to have red text, Oats (or the secondary character in a 2-player game) has yellow text, and game audio is black text. (Unfortunately for OCD viewers, these colors change very often.)
- A Day in the Limelight: Certain videos are only Criken and only a single friend of his, examples of this include his Aliens: Colonial Marines video, his Resident Evil videos, and his Dark Souls videos.
- Epic Fail: Saints Row 3: How to Lose at Everything.
- Evil Brit: Waddy, with his noticeable accent and propensity to mess around with the others before killing them.
- Fun with Subtitles: His Signature Style, and possibly one of the pioneers of using subtitles to humorous effect in gameplay videos.
- Large Ham: Da Xing, a new addition has a ridiculously deep voice is usually screaming either profanities or screaming utter gibberish. Boon, too, who more often than not, is a Screaming Warrior.
- Nice Guy: Shayne Hawkins, soft voiced player who's often bewildered by the games he's in and regularly pleads "don't kill me!" while running and hiding in multiplayer death matches.
- Only Sane Man: Criken in most videos, if not then its Skippy, who is still rather insane.
- Special Guest: Crackbone of the defunct Janus Syndicate at one point was in Criken's games. Criken stated that this was actually unintentional.
- Sound-Only Death: Expect to hear Criken and his friends to make wacky and outrageous noises when they die. It's even more hilarious when Criken actually has to subtitle the noises they make, and at one point he acknowledged that hes become somewhat of an expert at transcribing death sounds.
- Religious Bruiser: We learn in the "90's Kids" LP of X-Com that Da Xing is very religious, and doesn't appreciate people dissing God.
- The Reveal: For a long period Criken's face had been unknown to his viewers, until he made a live appearance at PAX East 2013.
- The Faceless: Until this video.
- Too Dumb to Live: Occurs many times in Criken's videos.
- Troll: Criken and his friends like to mess with each other a lot. Usually Skippy.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: If any game allows such, you can count on Criken to do it. Consequences be damned.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Criken is, in his own words, gravely afraid of water creatures. Naturally he must face several such creatures while playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
- Younger Than They Look: Was apparently only 15 when he started making videos. According to an SSB4 video on Vinesauce, Criken was well aware of how people would react hearing someone so young play these games, so he stuck to using subtitles until he got older, which eventually would become his Signature Style.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.