is a Source Engine Mod about... Being in an Elevator, you'll go through 28 Randomized Rooms to get to your destination.
Tropes included in this game:
- Apathetic Citizens: While the player may react accordingly to the various floors, the NPCs will respond in the same way a lead weight responds to being harassed by a gentle breeze.note
- Artificial Brilliance: Parodied, the website says that the AI is brilliant enough to get in the elevator.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Besides walking, there are only three things that you can do: Check your watch, cough, and slap people.
- Dem Bones: One of the random passengers that can accompany you onto the elevator is a skeleton.
- Driven to Suicide: Mix beer and cleaner in the blender on the top floor. Go ahead, we'll wait.
- The Elevator from Ipanema: Averted. Only some of the muzak playing seems like it could conceivably be real elevator music. The whole list is a mishmash of videogame songs (like from Dead Rising or Bastion, Daft Punk, the theme from Thomas the Tank Engine, and other miscellaneous alternative rock and rap music.
- Game Mod: There are instructions on how to create your own elevator room on the website.
- Hilarity Ensues: What's likely to transpire if you have more than one player in the elevator.
- It helps that one of the three things you can do besides walking is slap the other players and NPCs.
- Killed Off for Real: Sometimes random characters you can get in the elevator will die in one of the random rooms.
- Luck-Based Mission: There's only one floor you can get out on. It has various activities including pool, slot machines, a blender you can mix juice in, and a TV you can play Youtube videos on.
- Surreal Humor: Much of the draw of the mod is the fact that you'll often find a beach two floors up from a detective's office. All localized inside an apartment complex.
- Shout-Out: Some of the randomized names belong to Something Awful goons. Considering the mod was made by a Goon, it's not too surprising.
- Uncomfortable Elevator Moment: The period of waiting for the next floor to appear can often become this. Also, NPCs who join early will sometimes stay with you for the ENTIRE ride. They even make comments, like "shouldn't we...be going somewhere"?