Video Game / Farming Simulator
Is a simulator game based around agricultural farming and based in Europe, it was made by the German team Astragon and published by GIANTS. It's a Simulation Game
based around... farming
a small unnamed island.
It revolves around the idea/story that you inherited your grandfather's farm and need to shape it up. It incorporates real-world farming techniques and European machinery along with mods from fans for extra American, Canadian, and Australian flavor. It's a unique game, based on supply, demand, harvest, planting, and seasonal changes.
Currently, there are five games in the series:
- Farming Simulator 2009
- Farming Simulator 2011
- Farming Simulator 2013
- Farming Simulator 15
- Farming Simulator 17
Has examples of:
- Artistic License – Animal Care: Even if you have no problem with the simplification of animal husbandry in general, because it is after all just a game, you have to question why in FS 17 the developers bothered to have the chickens go to sleep after dark but neglected to have them go inside their coop to do it. Real chickens always go "home to roost" at sundown if they can.
- Artistic License – Engineering: Graphically, FS 17 acknowledges mechanisms like the power take-offnote , the three-point hitchnote , and the fifth wheelnote . But that doesn't mean the game scrupulously enforces compatibility. Powering a beet harvester behind a pick-up truck is no problem, even when there's a visibly dangling driveshaft.
- Bragging Rights Reward: You can unlock several farm machines based on how fast you harvest, how fast you grow, and how fast you plow/plant.
- Easter Egg:
- FS 17 has a broken Polybius cabinet tucked away in the woods of Goldcrest Valley.
- FS 17 had pedestrians walking with a Zombie Gait on Halloween 2016.
- An Entrepreneur Is You: You're shaping up the family farm for your new life career.
- Game Mod: Tons of them. New tractors, combines, maps, cultures... You name it, they have it.
- A Taste of Power: The mission system in 17 gives you the opportunity to drive large and powerful machinery before you have enough money to buy them yourself