- In Episode 1 of the anime/Volume 1 of the Light Novel, Klein was groin attacked twice. The first was from a Frenzy Boar and the second for Kirito from asking info of Kirito's sister. Both times he overreacts before realizing that the game doesn't actually transmit pain.
- Kirito's Crash-Into Hello situation with Asuna in Volume 1. He experimentally grasps something soft, tries to figure out what it is, realised that he's groping Asuna... and he can't remember any of the placating statements he prepared for a situation like this.
- After Kirito and Asuna meet for the first time, she borrows the bath in his rented room. Kirito's reaction to the idea of Asuna in the bath:
"I didn't know averting my eyes from that door required such a high will saving throw."
- When Argo knocks on his door, Kirito knows this is going to end badly. His first instinct is to flee.
- The first time Klein and Asuna meet, he immediately regresses from being a confident swordsman and leader into a nervous wreck. Then he's annoyed that Kirito is in a party and practically on a date with Asuna.
- And then he asks Asuna to treat Kirito well, even though he's not very good with words, isn't very fun and battle-obsessed. The reactions are what cross the line. Asuna's declaration: "Please leave him to me!" Kirito's response is to run away.
- During the last day of their honeymoon, Kirito and Asuna agree to help an old player with a rare fishing based monster spawn. While Kirito is reeling in, everyone else flees a couple hundred yards when they realize how massive it is. When Kirito looks up to see the hulking monster climbing onto land, he takes off like a bullet, cowering behind Asuna and complaining about how his wife ran away and left him to die.
- "Warmth of the Heart" (Episode 7/Light Novel 2): The way Kirito says he thinks they should escape the giant hole by running up the wall signals a hilarious Epic Fail is on the way.
- What really sells it is how utterly blasé Kirito is about the entire situation:
Lisbeth: You're insane.Kirito: Maybe, but that's all I got for ideas right now.Kirito: *seemingly unfazed by the fall* ...If I had more of a running start, I probably would have made it.Lisbeth: Yeah, I don't think so.
- What really sells it is how utterly blasé Kirito is about the entire situation:
- Asuna said that marriage in SAO is romantic and pragmatic, after a brief pause this happens
- Kirito: So, uh, how many times have you been married, anyway?*Asuna immediately grabs a fork and holds it to Kirito's face*Kirito: Wait, I didn't mean it! That didn't come out right! You were talking about how it's romantic and plastic and—Asuna: *interrupts Kirito* I did NOT say that, you ass! *kicks Kirito in the shin* What I said is that it's romantic and pragmatic! For your information, the word "pragmatic" means "practical."
- After Kirito loses to his sister in a sparring match, he tries to sheathe the bamboo sword the same way he sheathed his swords in the game. Suguha's comment about whether he "hit his head" makes it even funnier as she was the one to smack it a few moments earlier (with a shout of "Men").
- Kirito learns that (most of) his SAO skills carried over to ALfheim Online. When he learns that he needs to delete all the incompatible items that also got carried over so he doesn't get attention from the Game Master, he struggles to press Delete. Think about it for a second. Kirito is forced to erase all his hard-earned loot, something dedicated players of other games wouldn't even dare to do that easily. He did retain Yui as well as massive amounts of Yrd, the latter important later in the arc.
- After Kirito straight-up destroys a Salamander raid team aimed at his head with the Beast Form spell, Leafa has a moment of Fridge Horror when she realized Kirito basically ate some of them and in the anime she asks him what they tasted like, he responds by saying "kinda like grilled meat just before it gets burnt, all crispy and" then gets cut off by Leafa saying, "Sorry I asked". Cue Kirito teasingly chomping down on her hand, and getting smacked for it.
- Later on once they're in Lugrue, Kirito still has a red hand print on his face, he tries to explain he was just trying to break the tension with a joke, Leafa flatly tells him "Bite me again and I'll cut you in half"
- The handprint's texture seems to indicate that he took HP damage.
- Kirito getting surrounded by two beautiful women and making him uncomfortable is funny in itself, until you look closely at Kirito's left-breast pocket◊.
- At Agil's party, Kirito orders a bourbon on the rocks. Agil hands him a glass, but then Kirito says, "What gives? This is oolong tea!" Sorry Kirito, you may be the hero of SAO, but you're still only 16.
- The party for the Calibur arc becomes Fridge Humour when you think of party balance. Five members (Kirito, Asuna, Liz, Silica, Klein), out of a maximum of seven (players), are SAO survivors. SAO survivors see their weapons as proof of existence and thus don't use magic. The end result is that their only magic is healing from a few Combat Medics, so they don't have any offensive spells. Their sixth member is Suguha, whose first VRMMORPG was ALO, so she doesn't have any bias... except she's a real-world kendo practitioner who joined ALO for the freedom of flight, so Leafa is a speed-focused Sylph with a bit of buffs and healing. So they don't have any offensive spells. Their seventh member is Shino, who's originally from GGO and only joined ALO to have fun with Kirito and his friends... except Sinon was a sniper in GGO, so she forgoes magic and swordplay in favour of being "the only player in ALO who wants to snipe someone from 100 meters". So they still don't have any offensive spells. None of them fully realize the impact of this until they run into a Dual Boss with a physical-resistant specialist and a magic-resistant specialist and they're all but boned.
- At the conclusion of Caliber, after Sinon succeeds in retrieving Excalibur for Kirito, she turns to him, presents the sword with a big smile, and says, "Please think of me every time you draw this sword." Kirito can feel the Death Glares from his girlfriend and harem.
Klein: 'Man, it must be so hard for you chick magnets.(Kirito kicks him in the face, still holding Excalibur)
- Klein then proceeds to sum up the Unwanted Harem trope in ten words:
- The cause of that was because of one sentence, "Thanks for the Tsukkomi."◊.
- In regards to Kirito's hairstyle in Caliber side story :
A little fairy flew from Asuna's shoulder—she was a Navigation Pixie named Yui, landed on my head and sat down. My Avatar, the Spriggan «Kirito», had long pointed hair, at Yui's request now I have my old hairstyle. The reason was it was «hard to sit on».
- In Volume 7, a while after Kirito arrives to Hold the Line against an entire guild so Asuna and the Sleeping Knights can take on the floor's boss, Klein also shows up behind said guild to assist Kirito. Then we have this hilarious exchange between Klein and Kirito, shouting at each other from across the room.
Klein: UWOOOAAAAAAHHH!!! I'M HERE TOO, EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN'T SEE ME!!!
Kirito: TOO SLOW! WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU DOING!?
Klein: SORRY, I GOT LOST!!
- Kirito's reaction to people crowding over the duel between him and Heathcliff in the novel:
"...Let's run away Asuna. We can go live in some small village on the 20th floor and plow fields."
- Possibly more amusing than just funny, but it's great for Kirito that his title changed from "The Black Swordsman" to "The Dual Wielding Demon" shortly before he was forced to join Asuna's guild (because her guild leader thought he was stealing her from them and was against it) and don a white outfit.
- In a side story "A Murder Case in the Area", Kirito and Asuna invite Heathcliff over for a meal to ask some question. Problem aside, the noodles they tasted are so bad that Heathcliff or rather, Akihiko Kayaba, THE CREATOR OF SAO OF ALL PEOPLE even wonder why the shop exist!
- For fans who don't regard it as Squick, Chapter 16.5 (in which Kirito and Asuna have sex) is rather hilarious... for all the wrong reasons. It's very badly written in comparison to the rest of the story - Kirito's narration is consistently ridiculous (with phrases like "two years of semen" and "glopping sound" being thrown around) to the point that it seems like a Self-Parody, Asuna climaxes an impossible number of times, female genitals apparently look extremely silly (like white foam) in the SAO world... You either pretend it didn't happen or accept that it did and laugh the whole way through.
- Or you can imagine it as the sex scene from the first Scary Movie.
- Two years of semen (assuming the system saves the data on it as specific units, unlike the inconsistent patterns of real humans) = roughly a gallon. Try that mental picture on for size and try not to fall out of your seat giggling like an idiot.
- Several hentai anime already took care of producing that mental picture.
- During the honeymoon, Kirito tries out fishing. He doesn't get as much as a nibble. He blames his lack of success on how he spent all his luck "snagging a lovely wife". Then said wife teases him about said lack of success.
- After the players real looks are exposed on their avatars, a beautiful couple that we saw earlier are actually revealed to be two older guys. Their reaction is priceless:
"Pretty Guy": You're a guy?
"Pretty Girl": You were lying about being seventeen?
- Post-ALO, at least one of them was trapped in Sugou's experiments, and they're seen hugging each other. Heartwarming, yes, but their bodies just make it look funny.
- In Episode 4, Kirito knocks on Silica's bedroom door, and she nearly answers the door while in her underwear.
- In Episode 10, while Kirito and Asuna are at Asuna's house, Asuna strips down to her underwear and tells Kirito to get undressed as well. When a flustered Kirito says that wasn't what he meant when he said he wanted to spend the night with her, Asuna punches him out. With a Sword Skill.
- In Episode 12, after defeating a bunch of frog monsters easily, Kirito comes over to Asuna saying they dropped some items, after she asks if there was anything good, he shows her a giant frog leg telling her it's Scavenged Toad Meat and says maybe she can cook it later
Asuna: Not on your life! [grabs leg and throws it away]
Kirito: What the hellll?! Oh, come on, what'd you do that for?! Damn it! Okay, fine! [holds up a ton of frog legs] What am I gonna do with these?!Asuna: [throwing the legs one by one] No! No, no, no, no, no!Kirito: Asuna! I-It's good meat!Asuna: Get rid of it!Kirito: But it's delicious! You just have to eat it warm!Asuna: Shut up!
- In Episode 16 of the anime, Suguha and her mother are talking about Kazuto's parents. Midori mentions that Kazuto asked about them when he was about 10, and Sugu wonders if that's got to do with his escapism since middle school. Midori doesn't think so... because he built a machine out of junk parts at age 6. This can give you the very amusing mental image of Tony Stark as Kirito... or, alternately, Kazuto as Iron Man.
- Used equipment salesman Kirito◊.
- Context: Kirito just ate all the poor Salamander's party members. Due to ALO's Pv P mechanics, that 45080 Yuld and those 14 items are his prize. If the poor guy tells Kirito about why he's there, he'll give them back.
- Immediately after the Salamander agrees, Leafa turns to Yui (who's still on her shoulder at this time) and mutters, "Men." Funny enough on its own, but then your realize that, if Suguha ever learns that Yui is not just a Navigation Pixie, but in fact Kazuto's adoptive daughter A.I. with true intelligence, it is after the Alfheim arc is over. She speaks to Kirito's Navi-Pixie because Yui is the only other girl there at the time.
- Kirito's failed attempts at flying during his first log-in in ALO especially this:
- After getting to Legrue, when Leafa has to log out she asks Yui to watch over her avatar while she's gone, saying "I don't want your dad to mess with it while I'm out" which leads to Kirito saying totally deadpan "You gotta be kidding me."
- Season 2, Episode 1, When Kazuto gets to the restaurant he's meeting Kikuoka at, Kikuoka calls out to him in an excited manner that's a bit inappropriate for where they are, after sitting down Kazuto tells Kikuoka not to call him 'Kirito' in public.
- There's also the way Kazuto looks so seriously at the menu when told he can order anything he wants and Kikuoka will pay for it, then he seems to have a bit of trouble pronouncing the names of the sweets he orders. The prices of the sweets weren't helping either (going up to 1800 Yen (Approx: $18 USD), for a slice of cake!).
- There's also a darkly humorous line, where Kazuto starts figuring out what Kikuoka has really invited him to talk, and is asking him to do, Deadpan Snarking that Kikuoka should come out and say it, that he wants Kazuto/Kirito to let himself be shot by Death Gun in game to get clues on the case. Kikuoka actually contemplates this as a legitimate idea for a moment.
- Which in turns pisses Kazuto off, declare that there is no way death's in game are the direct cause of causing the death of GGO players in real life. Kikuoka is forced to get on his knees, and clings to Kazuto's pants, and you can hear Kazuto is trying to walk away, with a funny, annoyed look on his face.
- Episode 2, Silica getting caught by a plant monster's tentacle again. Some things never change.
- What makes this especially funny is that in order to keep the gag going in ALO, Silica tries to fly, but the monster sprouts wings itself. It's the equivalent of a Dalek spouting wings to get up a flight of stairs.
- Episode 3, The entire scene with Kirito and Aki the nurse, she touches his butt the second he enters the room, causing him to freak out, she plays it as feeling how he's recovered, then she gives him a note from Kikuoka about debriefing details, which included
- P.S. just because you're alone with a pretty nurse, you're still on the clock, try to keep your hormones under control.
- Causing Kirito to angrily crumble the note into his pocket, followed by Aki then telling him to strip, as he freaks out she explains it's for the electrodes to monitor him, then "Oh don't worry, I've seen all your goodies already" which makes him put his hands over his crotch. They settle on him just taking off his shirt, which the nurse seems disappointing at, finally, she tells him not to worry while he dives because she's keeping an eye on his body, which doesn't reassure him at all.
- Episode 4, Season 2: The scene where Kirito tries to get help from Sinon are cranked further in the anime where he intentionally acts girly. For extra points, much of his deliberately-feminine act is peppered with gestures and body language cues he's copied from Asuna.
- Seeing everyone mistake Kirito for a girl is hilarious, especially with the whistling.
- The scene were he beats the seemingly-unwinnable gun shooter course, winning 300k credits in the process. We know Kirito's reflexes are top notch, but no one else did. Even the robot cowboy got in on it.
- The Gratuitous English lines the robot cowboy was spouting out were funny as well. "I'll kill you!" "You loser!" "Die!" "Go to hell!" To be fair, it's completely valid English, and they get an actual American to voice him.
- And the cowboy has an incredibly exaggerated "NOOOOO!" when Kirito pats him on the chest.
- Episode 5, Season 2: Sinon, still thinking Kirito is a girl, has no problem with being only in her underwear. When confused by Kirito freaking out, he then reveals his true gender, much to her shock ("Male!? You're a guy? With that avatar!?")... then the inevitable situation slowly dawns on her. Kirito gets slapped for his troubles, leaving a hand print on his face that looks awfully familiar.
- Again, the handprint looks like HP damage. Isn't the BoB waiting room a safe zone?
- After this, Kirito follows Sinon around, and she acts like he's stalking her.
- Later, while Kirito starts being annoying while Spiegel is around, he uses his "girly" voice, making the scene even funnier.
- Episode 8, Season 2: Most of the other players still think Kirito is a girl, so Kirito pulls a cutesy stance and asks them all to root for him.
- Episode 9, Season 2: The Dyne vs. Pale Rider vs. Death Gun fight from the end of the last episode gets MST3K'd by the gang watching in ALO.
Lisbeth: [Pale Rider] must be one of the front-runners.(Pale Rider is sniped by Death Gun)Klein: Hey, turns out he sucks!
- Episode 11, Season 2: Chrystheight (Kikuoka) logs into ALO and meets up with Kirito's friends. He refuses to give any details on Kirito's mission, so Yui explains the situation herself. Chrystheight promptly offers Yui a job working for the government, earning a mean look from Asuna. It becomes even more hilarious when you realize he just tried to recruit a 3-year-old!
- And an A.I. to boot.
- And a Navi-Pixie - which, unlike the above, he cannot possibly NOT know!
- And an A.I. to boot.
- Episode 13, Season 2: Shino/Sinon decides to make both her and Kirito winners....by using a grenade and hugging him. Cut to a shot from behind of Klein, Leafa, Silica and Lisbeth looking at the screen in surprise without speaking, as though to 'WTF did we just see'.
- Don't forget that Asuna also saw the scene, as Yui streamed the gameplay to a TV screen at the hospital. Uh-oh.
- Even more hilarious is Kirito's reaction. He has no idea what Sinon's plan is, while she places the grenade in his palm. It's not until she pushes the activation button and it starts beeping that realizes what Sinon meant by a "souvenir grenade". He flat out panics and starts juggling it not sure what to do. Sinon suddenly glomping him with a happy smile on her face while he has a nervous and ridiculous grin and laugh, as he's realized This Is Gonna Suck, and is probably deciding what's worse, that he's about to be blown up by the grenade, or knowing that everyone watching the tournament live can see this happening, and he is going to have some explaining to do to his friends and girlfriend back in ALO just sends the scene over the top in hilarity.
- Episode 14, Season 2: Shino's interaction with Kirito outside her school. And her classmates think that he's her boyfriend.
- Episode 15, Season 2: Calibur's tail grab scene. What's added is Silica looking at her own tail...
Klein: My grandpa's dying words were, "Don't ride in foreign cars or on flying Cthulhu elephants!"
- Klein, upon encountering Tonky the jelly-phant:
- Also in that episode: if Klein and Sinon are going to help Kirito find a legendary weapon, then he's going to have to help them find their own.
Kirito: That dungeon [where the legendary katana is being held] is freakin' hot!Klein: And this Jotunheim place is freakin' cold!Kirito: (to Sinon) You've hardly had your avatar for two weeks and you're already looking for a legendary weapon?
- Also also in that episode: the SAO survivors ponder falling in Jotunheim.
Liz: I wonder what would happen if we fell from up here?Asuna: I'm sure the one right here - the one who once plummeted from a pillar outside Aincrad trying to climb up to the next level - I'm sure he'll exepriment with that one day!Kirito: Speaking of falling from great heights... wouldn't that be right up a cat's alley?(Sinon and Silica shake their heads)
- When Tonky goes into an abrupt nosedive, we get a sequence of two-at-a-time shots of everyone holding on for dear life - except Leafa, who just cheers like she's having the time of her life.
- Episode 16, Season 2, after the party encounters Freyja.
Kirito: It's a trap.Liz: It's a trap.Sinon: It's totally a trap.Yui: She has an HP gauge.Asuna: It's a trap.Silica: Yes, it's a trap.Leafa: I'd say it was a trap.
- Made even funnier in the next episode when it's revealed that Freyja is TRULY another definition of trap.
- All throughout the Calibur arc, Yui is giving the party game-engine pointers; identifying the giant floating lady as an NPC before they all draw their weapons, pointing out that Freyja is an NPC and has an HP bar, identifying the layout of the Thrymheim castle. Think about that for a moment. Their "Navi-Pixie" is an omniscient A.I. girl. Which means (A) Kirito and his friends are totally defying the system structure, or (B) Navi-Pixies will completely ruin your sense of immersion by pointing out NPCs. Either way, it's funny.
- Episode 19, Season 2: The Unsettling Gender Reveal scene where Asuna, envisioning the mysterious Zekken to be a knight in purple armor, is shown that Zekken is a girl. Cue her grabbing Liz and demanding an explanation on the matter since she didn't fully mention about this. Then she shifts to Kirito, thinking that he went easy on Zekken because she was a girl. The intense, vocalized Death Glare she gives her boyfriend really sells this scene.
- Episode 13, Season 1 has a good one just before the opening where Kirito meets an old player that joins him in fishing. He catches one and mentions that even though he's good at catching them he's not good at cooking, and says he'd love to try fish with soy sauce (which, earlier in the series, Asuna told Kirito how to make its in-game equivalent) when he tells the guy this there's a beat, then cue a rather amusingly horrifying Art Shift as the guy screams "WAIT, SAY WHAAAAAAAAT?!"
- Around the start of the Mother's Rosario arc in Season 2, Asuna mentions that she took her Amusphere with her when she and her mother went out of the city, only to find that there was no internet connection. The anime's imagery of Asuna wandering around the room, holding up her Amusphere like she's trying to get a cellphone signal, is funny enough. But the fact that she found this out when the Amusphere failed to connect to ALO gives the wonderful mental image of an Asuna POV shot, the Amusphere whirring dramatically, "Link start!" ...and then a long and awkward quiet.
Squad Jam spin-off light novel
- Let's say this again; Chibi girl wearing pink combat suit and bunny-ears helmet, armed with a P90 sub-machine gun...
- LLENN constantly mistaking the word 'squad' for 'squid'.
- Team Battle Royale gamemode was just introduced into Battle of Bullets at the start of storyline. Pitohui explained that someone, apparently a novelist who is also a gun-nut, wrote to the game operator Zasker to have the gamemode included in the tournament. One have to wonder whether SIG-sawa is writing about himself or not...
Pitohui: "Well, a gun maniac alone is unusual enough, but a novelist is even more so. What the heck is with such a combination? If you see such a guy walking around town, you’d better arrest him."
- Argo, resident ninja prankster:
- Kirito and Asuna on cake-sharing.
- That time when Kirito learned exactly what "materialize all object" meant in the context of a girls (Asuna's) inventory.
- The beginnig of Chapter 15. Which all begins when the blacksmith Nezha says these words: "How long have you and Asuna-san been a couple?" And it all just spirals from there.
- But what really makes it are the expressions of Kirito, Asuna, and Argo.
- There is But One Ultimate Way. Who wouldn't be shocked by that.
- Sword Art ''Offline'', sanctioned by the author himself, is presented in a news-variety show format. Character traits subtly implied (ie. Asuna's clinginess, Kirito's obliviousness, Heathcliff's epic trolling) in the series are cranked Up to Eleven.
- Winning moments of the DVD commentaries are the Playback Corner segments and Life Counseling (a la Oreimo) parts. To name a few examples:
News Headline (Volume 1, Episode 1): The headline states that a lot of "girl players" revealed their true forms once Kayaba's revelation was unveiled. "This event only proves further," Asuna reports, "that there are no girls on the Internet." Kirito mentions that the trend of playing as the opposite gender is rather popular with players recently. Cue Asuna imagining a genderbent princess Kirito needing rescue from a prince Asuna.
Episode Guest Yui: I have a question: Mama says she wants to have lots of kids with Papa. Uncle Klein, how exactly are babies made?
- Yui's Offline episode is especially amusing. Continuing on the quote above, Klein has been accused multiple times by Asuna and Kirito of teaching Yui "improper things" and he has to answer honestly. He asks for Asuna's opinion.
- Winning moments of the DVD commentaries are the Playback Corner segments and Life Counseling (a la Oreimo) parts. To name a few examples:
- The manga 4koma omakes. Most — if not all — of them. There's a lot of Notable mentions :
- The many many back stories before Kirito met with his friends such as how Lizbeth gets her house and outfit in the first place and Leafa and Recon's first encounter.
- Anything with Asu-nyan. And no it is not Azusa from K-On!!
- It turns out that Lisbeth want to dress her up to impress Asuna's boyfriend. Lizbeth suggest to try out her new look. Unfortunately, that first customer turns out to be Kirito. Cue to him saying he has gone to the wrong place making her embarrassed.
- The next 4koma scene Kirito brought up the catgirl shopgirl when Asuna suggest to find a blacksmith. Cue to Asuna nearly stabbing him.
- Ironically, one of the 4koma shows Asuna in a sexy succubus outfit. Lisbeth really loves to cosplay people.
- Klein's encounter with a nekama (a guy pretending to be a girl on the internet) and cue to how the end results.
- The main reason why Agil's shop never sell his stuffs well? He was making deals...when he's asleep.
- In a rather ironic aversion of the anime commentary in Yui's episode, the manga omakes reveal that (in that continuity) Yui was observing Asuna and Kirito's behavior from the start. Everything. Possibly including, yes friggin 16.5. To quote:
Asuna: JUST KILL ME NOW!!!!!
Yui: You two enjoyed yourselves very much, didn't you?
- It turns out that Kirito requested Asuna to do a Cat Girl cosplay of the outfit made by Lisbeth instead.
- Sword Art Online Extra Edition contains hilarious scenes where Rika/Lisbeth lampshades stuff, namely: Keiko/Silica looks nothing like Suguha (especially in the chest), Kirito and Asuna having sex and getting married in SAO, and Suguha's more than familial feelings for Kirito. Everyone gets very defensive when these things are brought up.
- The English dub's Hilarious Outtakes are comedy gold.
- After the cast for the Mother's Rosario arc was revealed, Erica Mendez posted this funny bit on her Twitter.
The boys don't know it yet, but we're officially changing their names to "Eric(k)a" and making the Sleeping Knights an all Eric(k)as guild.
- The "Popularity Contest Questions" are a combination of "trivia for the hardcore otaku" and "more hilarity than can be fitted into the main stories".
Q for Kirito: If polygamy was possible, would you feel like making a harem? If you do, who would you pick?Kirito: I-I wouldn't make such a thing.Q for Yui: How do you feel looking at your parents' lovey-dovey behaviour, Yui-chan?Q for Asuna: What were your thoughts when you found out it's possible to remove the Ethics Code?Asuna: I will never use it! I remember that I thought that.Q for Heathcliff: Are you a boke? Or a tsukkomi?Heathcliff: I realized that there were mere few who laughed at my jokes as boke when I was an elementary school student.
Infinity Moment/Hollow Fragment
- If you max out the affection of all the main girls in the Japanese version, you get the trophy, ''Don't cheat, daddy''. Then, almost as if in response to this, the English version's trophy is titled "It's Not What It Looks Like!"
- The affection system applies to every allied character, which means you can bridal carry Klein.
- Strea in general, who is even more of The Gadfly than Kirito and Sinon combined.
- Special mention goes to a second party, where those who get the super-spicy slice have to command someone to do one thing for them - Strea, upon getting one of the two spicy slices, promptly commands Kirito to kiss her. Asuna is having none of that however, demanding Strea kiss her instead, which 'shockingly' (to her) Strea has few issues with whatsoever... the reactions from everyone are embarrassed/horrified fascination, as apparently Strea is applying the same amount of strength she displays in hugs to the kiss itself.
- Klein's roles in the slice of life cutscenes, especially when a fortune telling event claims that his compatibility with Kirito is the highest, much to the horror of the harem.
- Philia's attempt to prank Kirito with extremely spicy food fails when he shows no reaction. Then she tries the food and learns the hard way that Kirito has an abnormal sense of taste.
- The entire scene where Klein teaches Yui about breasts which Kirito tries to stop. That is until the girls arrive and Yui starts asking about it. What does Klein do? He leaves when the girls are surprised about Yui asking it.
- And then Yui starts groping all the girls one by one.