Film: Saw II
Saw II (2005) is a film in the Saw horror series.
This film provides examples of:
- Afraid of Needles: A meta example: One of the producers was afraid of needles.
- Big "NO!":
- Addison, shortly after Xavier leaves her to bleed to death in her glass box trap.
- Eric, shortly after he fails his test and is left to die in the basement Dr. Gordon and Adam were in.
- Booby Trap: Poor SWAT team members one through four early on.
- Clutching Hand Trap: The movies typically go the Hand in the Hole route, but this one has a more seriously played version. In one room, a glass box hanging from the ceiling contains a syringe of antidote for the nerve gas that was slowly killing the characters. One character finds the box, reaches in through holes in the bottom, and finds out too late that the holes are fitted with folding razors that slice into her arms when she tries to pull them out. She is left to die of either blood loss or gas exposure.
- Cut Apart: Near the end of the film, three separate groups (a SWAT team, a police detective, and one house victim chasing two others) look like they're about to meet. It's soon revealed that none of them are in position to meet each other.
- Eye Scream: The first five minutes.
- Final Girl: Subverted. Amanda Young appears to fulfill this role best, but then it's revealed at the end that she was working with Jigsaw all along.
- Gas Chamber: There's a building slowly filling with gas, with the victims searching for hidden antidotes in order to survive.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: Averted with Shawnee Smith. She didn't have the figure of a woman who was pregnant yet, so Word of God stated that they didn't need to hide her pregnancy.
- Murder by Cremation: Obi in has to climb inside a furnace to retrieve one of the keys, but inadvertently activates the trap, locking himself until he's burned to death.
- Once More with Clarity: Eric Matthews is told his son is in "A safe and secure state." At the end of the movie, Daniel Matthews is in a safe with an oxygen mask over his face.
- The Reveal: Amanda is actually Jigsaw's accomplice. And the events in the house are not taking place at the same time as the cops are watching it.
- Secret Test of Character: Not necessarily as secret as others, but the entire point of the movie is testing whether Eric has changed, and seeing if he can sit and wait instead of resorting to violence.