When Misato stops the Jet Alone robot, nobody suspects the consequences she must face...or the deadly secret in her blood.Superwomen of Eva: Emerald Fury
is the very first story in the Superwomen Of Eva
series. It stars Misato Katsuragi as the She-Hulk (though based on The Incredible Hulk
himself, and not the She-Hulk
Following the Jet Alone incident where Misato is irradiated, she finds herself not dead, but instead transformed into something powerful... and savage.
Currently under construction. Please add tropes as you see them!
This Superwomen Of Eva story contains examples of the following:
- Amazonian Beauty: Take a guess.
- Blessed with Suck: Misato thinks of She-Hulk this way at first, envious of how Spirit has super powers without losing her mind to a rage monster.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall / Fourth Wall Observer: Misato gets this power (an explicit Shout-Out to the John Byrne She-Hulk era) in the story's Omake. Sometimes she uses it to voice her displeasure about something to the author. A Running Gag amongst the other Superwomen Of Eva stories' Omake (especially the Marvel Comics-based ones) is the other Superwomen requesting Misato to take them through the Fourth Wall so they can speak to the author about what displeases them.
- Bullying a Dragon: Gendo's thug Chiron has a habit of insulting Misato despite being well aware of what she is.
- Cross Over: Spirit. Her origin is the same as in her story, although how much of her story still happened off screen is unknown.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Most of She-Hulk's fights end this way. The hard part is getting her to curbstomp the right opponents.
- Gilded Cage: When Nerv discovers Misato is She-Hulk, they create one of these in the depths of Nerv to be her new quarters. It is armor-plated and rigged to fill with sleeping gas to prevent Misato from changing.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Like usual Spirit takes a ton of damage, this time from She-Hulk but is able to survive thanks to her healing factor.
- Healing Factor: Spirit. Probably She-Hulk too but she never really gets hurt.
- High Altitude Battle / Free-Fall Fight: She-Hulk vs. the Tenth Angel.
- Hulk Speak: She-Hulk has this when she's not roaring at everything and everybody, mostly when Misato has some control.
- Hulking Out: She-Hulk naturally.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Maya decides that this is Nerv's only option when the 10th Angel appears. Misato convinces her otherwise.
- Let's You and Him Fight: She-Hulk is tricked into thinking Spirit fired on her, and Spirit in reaction thinks She-Hulk is a dangerous hostile monster.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: She-Hulk's "Impact Roar", a blast of gamma energy from her mouth, as opposed to the Hulk's hurricane clap.
- Manipulative Bastard: Gendo as usual. The fact the his target tends to brutally attack the first thing she thinks attacked her makes it all the easier.
- Mugging the Monster: A gang of thugs find Shinji and Misato alone in an alley and decide to harass them. It does not end well...
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Shinji sees Spirit powered down when she's hiding from She-Hulk (without her wings, hair color and enhanced physique) and is rather quickly able to recognize her as Hikari.
- The Peter Principle: After Misato is revealed to be She-Hulk, Gendo deems her unfit to remain Nerv's official Operations Director. Acting on Ritsuko's recommendation, he and Fuyutsuki assign Maya to take Misato's place. To say that Maya does not take it well would be to put it lightly.
- Revenge Before Reason: Misato gets accused of this by Ritsuko regarding her hatred for the Angels.
- Secret Keeper: Most of the Nerv staff for Misato. Shinji is both this for her, and for Spirit, after he recognizes her.
- Statuesque Stunner: She-Hulk naturally.
- Taken for Granite: Grey Gargoyle.
- Unstoppable Rage: She-Hulk of course, if either Shinji is threatened, or if someone attacks her. Usually both.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: Shinji says this in regards to Misato when they're being harassed by thugs. They don't believe him....