A woman who has a great variety of voices, starting from sweet, young and soft, to totally strict, to eerily evil, to breathily sexy. She's also pretty fluent in the French language
. She also goes by two aliases: Kirsty Pape
and Mia Bradly
. She gained quite some fame when landed with the role of Kallen Kozuki
Has a Twitter account
Career-wise, her Texan counterpart is Tiffany Grant
, as they both are known for their ability to speak a different language fluently that has a large impact in their voice acting note
in addition to their similar typecast
and their recognition of fame through a mecha series
. In terms of vocal range, however, it goes to Jamie Marchi
. Her Japanese counterpart is Ami Koshimizu
Notable roles by Karen Strassman:
Tropes associated with Karen Strassman:
- Badass: Kallen Stadtfeld of Code Geass is one of her ultimate successes.
- Bilingual Bonus: Is very fluent in French, which does have a lot of impact in her voice acting.
- Contralto of Danger: Due to the fact that she's fluent in French and many badasses she played, a lot of the characters she voices tend to be this. That being said, she's also capable of voicing characters that require a higher-pitch such as Nanako.
- This is especially true in League of Legends where the champions she voices have relatively deep voice. An good example is Fiora, who spots a French accent.
- Also, her voice acting is actually deep enough to voice young boys, as evident with her role as Casval Rem Deikun (young Char) in Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Either as a Badass or as a Cool Big Sis. Or in the scope of League of Legends... Half-Human Hybrid (with just Fiora as the exception)
- Playing Against Type: Olivia, Nanako Dojima, and Heinkel.
- Relationship Voice Actor: With Mela Lee, Crispin Freeman, Johnny Yong Bosch, Michelle Ruff, Sandy Fox, Cristina Valenzuela, Cassandra Lee, Christine Marie Cabanos, Kate Higgins and a lot more.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Hoo boy. She can do teenage girls, Badass ladies, robotic girls and... an adorable little sister ("Everyday's great at your Junes!")