"No more a rake and no more a bachelor I was wedded and it whetted my thirst Until her womb started spilling out babies Only then did I reckon my curse!
An actual wave of literal babies. In massive amounts, unstoppable, they sweep over all. Possibly gurgling the whole time. It can be of any species, especially ones that reproduce at an alarming rate.
Usually a metaphor for how parenthood is all consuming or to just be plain weird. Or it could be a visual metaphor for the Malthusian catastrophe.
- Monsieur Jean once dreams that he's the lord of a castle being bombarded with babies, to the point where all his soldiers are overwhelmed with them.
- In Shrek 3, Shrek has a nightmare about becoming a father, and in the middle of it a flood of baby ogres pours in through the window and chases him into the next scene.
- In Noroi The Curse the wave is made of ghost fetuses.
- In WALL•E When the ship is hijacked by Auto and tilting at a dangerous angle, a very large group of babies are saved by Mary and John.
- The Cyberiad: Trurl, a Constructor (one who can more or less build anything) is called to a planet by its king to resolve a Starcrossed Lovers situation between the prince and princess of two rival countries. After his first attempt fails, Trurl's plan B is to create a network of huge cannons that flood the empire with babies until they surrender. The two countries reconcile, the prince and princess marry, and Trurl goes home well-paid. The end.
- Star Trek had the classic instance in "The Trouble With Tribbles", when Captain Kirk opens the door and is pelted with the eponymous Tribbles.
- Among the monsters that populate Mortasheen is Ovulooge, which is basically the living embodiment of this trope, doing nothing but pumping out eggs that form a massive Hive Mind and cling together in a huge colony.
- An episode of Chowder had this as the ending.
- The Invader Zim episode "Plague O' Babies" revolves around an alien platoon that looks like babies attacking Zim in an effort to take his ship. At the climax they merge their bodies into a walking, monstrous wave of babies.
- Metalocalypse: One of the members of Snakes N' Barrels thinks he is being attacked by a wave of evil, floating babies while high on Totally Awesome Sweet Alabama Liquid Snake (a drug so potent that it will cause you to get so high that your brain will blow chunks into the Milky Way).
- In one episode Bump in the Night, the main character ends up literally swimming in an ocean of babies (well, baby dolls), even going to the extent of surfing on them.
- In one episode of Ed, Edd n Eddy, the Eds have opened a pet shop in Ed's garage to try and make some money for jawbreakers, as usual. Ed places two rabbits together, not knowing that one is a male and the other female. Baby rabbits cover the garage floor in mere seconds and, by the end of the episode, rabbits have quite literally flooded the cul-de-sac.
- The giant demonic entity that Mok summons up from hell in Rock and Rule briefly morphs into a mass of hideous baby-like creatures that fly towards the audience.
- Mickey's Nightmare
- The Simpsons has an episode which features a riot in the form of a wave of angry babies at a Roofi concert, who converge on police officers and are beaten off with batons. This is referred to in the episode as the Tot Offensive.
- Happens once a year with red crabs on Christmas Island.
- Also happens with sea turtles, who need to hatch in such quantities because hundreds of them will be picked off and eaten within the first three minutes alone.