Crime doesn't pay... It just gets really weird.Wynonna Earp is the eponymous lead of several comic book limited series. The character is a creator-owned property and was created by Beau Smith. Currently published by IDW Publishing, the character has been published in the past by Image.Wynonna is a descendant of the famous lawman Wyatt Earp, and she's the top special agent for a special unit within the U.S. Marshals known as The Monster Squad. She battles such supernatural threats as Bobo Del Rey and his redneck, trailer-trash vampires that are pushing a new killer designer drug called "Hemo," and the Egyptian Mafia's mummy hitman, Raduk, Eater of the Dead, who's out to do in all the other crime bosses. In her subsequent adventures she finished some outstanding Earp family business while dealing with Hillbilly Gremlins, and Zombie Mailmen alongside her fellow Marshals.Was adapted for television as Wynonna Earp.
—Wynonna Earp, U.S. Marshal — Black Badge Division
Wynonna Earp contains examples of:
- Action Girl
- Bandage Babe: When Raduk tries to mummify Wynonna.
- Beast Man: Robidoux creates these by combining human and monster DNA.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: The Yeti Wars is all about this. When the bad guys have a gang of evil yeti guarding their base, Wynonna and her team recruit a group of heroic bigfoots (bigfeet?) to aid them in the battle.
- Biker Babe: Wynonna rides a classic hog.
- Fair Cop: Wynonna
- Famous Ancestor: Wynonna is the great-great granddaughter of Wyatt Earp.
- Fight Clubbing: In #3 of the 2016 IDW series, Wynonna breaks up a paranormal fight club being run by demon/human hybrids.
- Gatling Good: When the town of Tombstone is magically transformed back to the way it had been in 1881, Valdez finds herself wielding a hand-cranked gatling gun rather than her usual BFG. She still manages to use it to great effect against the revenants (and look really Badass while doing so).
- Girls with Guns
- Good Ol' Boy: Smitty, Wynonna's partner.
- The Gunslinger
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Wynonna, especially during her original 1990s run.
- Hero Stole My Bike: In the 2016 IDW series, Wynonna 'borrows' a vintage Harley from a dealership in a mall when she decides she needs to get to Tombstone in a hurry.
- Hot Scientist: Dr. Sasha Tarasov. A hot evil scientist, sure, but hot nonetheless.
- Human Resources: The Chupacabra Cartel specializes in harvesting human organs and selling them on the paranormal dark market.
- It Works Better with Bullets: Robidoux does this to Sasha in The Yeti Wars."After I emptied all the ammo from my 'love gun', I made sure to empty all the ammo from the gun you'd stashed."
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Billy Joe Robidoux. To quote Wynonna, "He's a southern-fried gumbo of Dr. Josef Mengele, Dr. Frankenstein and runs a real-life version of The Island of Doctor Moreau."
- Mummy Wrap: The mummy hitman Raduk does this to Wynonna.
- New Old West
- Plaguemaster: In #4 of the 2016 series, Wynonna and the Black Badges have to stop a scientist who has given himself the power to transmit a zombie plague through his hands.
- Popcultural Osmosis Failure: In #5 of the 2016 IDW series, Agents Dolls and Valdez come across a pair of of badly dismembered revenants on the road to Tombstone. Dolls attempts to make a joke that fails because Valdez is an ancient Mayan warrior with zero knowledge of pop culture:Valdez: "It appears Earp, the Cowboy, or both have been here."
Dolls: "Yeah. That or a Michael Bay-improvised roadside bomb."
Valdez: "This 'Michael Bay', is he a revenant?
Dolls: "Sigh... Probably.'''
- Removing the Head or Destroying the Brain: The best way to destroy chupacabra is to shoot them in the head.
- Scary Scarecrows: Wynonna fights a demonic wheat scarecrow in "Blood is the Harvest".
- Sinister Scythe: Wielded by the demonic wheat scarecrow in "Blood is the Harvest".
- Southern-Fried Genius: Dr. Billy Bob Robidoux is an evil version of this.
- Technically Living Zombie: In #4 of the IDW series, Wynonna and the rest of the Black Badges have to deal with a mall full of people who have been transformed into zombies by a Plaguemaster.
- U.S. Marshal
- Weird West