Crime doesn't pay... It just gets really weird.Wynonna Earp is the eponymous lead of several comic book limited series. The character is a creator-owned property and was created by Beau Smith. Currently published by IDW Publishing, the character has been published in the past by Image.Wynonna is a descendant of the famous lawman Wyatt Earp, and she's the top special agent for a special unit within the U.S. Marshals known as The Monster Squad. She battles such supernatural threats as Bobo Del Rey and his redneck, trailer-trash vampires that are pushing a new killer designer drug called "Hemo," and the Egyptian Mafia's mummy hitman, Raduk, Eater of the Dead, who's out to do in all the other crime bosses. In her subsequent adventures she finished some outstanding Earp family business while dealing with Hillbilly Gremlins, and Zombie Mailmen alongside her fellow Marshals.
—Wynonna Earp, U.S. Marshal — Black Badge Division
Wynonna Earp contains examples of:
- Action Girl
- Bandage Babe: When Raduk tries to mummify Wynonna.
- Beast Man: Robidoux creates these by combining human and monster DNA.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: The Yeti Wars is all about this. When the bad guys have a gang of evil yeti guarding their base, Wynonna and her team recruit a group of heroic bigfoots (bigfeet?) to aid them in the battle.
- Biker Babe: Wynonna rides a classic hog.
- Fair Cop: Wynonna
- Famous Ancestor: Wynonna is the great-great granddaughter of Wyatt Earp.
- Girls with Guns
- Good Ol' Boy: Smitty, Wynonna's partner.
- The Gunslinger
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Wynonna, especially during her original 1990s run.
- Hot Scientist: Dr. Sasha Tarasov. A hot evil scientist, sure, but hot nonetheless.
- Human Resources: The Chupacabra Cartel specializes in harvesting human organs and selling them on the paranormal dark market.
- It Works Better with Bullets: Robidoux does this to Sasha in The Yeti Wars."After I emptied all the ammo from my 'love gun', I made sure to empty all the ammo from the gun you'd stashed."
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Billy Joe Robidoux. To quote Wynonna, "He's a southern-fried gumbo of Dr. Josef Mengele, Dr. Frankenstein and runs a real-life version of The Island of Doctor Moreau."
- Mummy Wrap: The mummy hitman Raduk does this to Wynonna.
- New Old West
- Removing the Head or Destroying the Brain: The best way to destroy chupacabra is to shoot them in the head.
- Scary Scarecrows: Wynonna fights a demonic wheat scarecrow in "Blood is the Harvest".
- Sinister Scythe: Wielded by the demonic wheat scarecrow in "Blood is the Harvest".
- Southern-Fried Genius: Dr. Billy Bob Robidoux is an evil version of this.
- U.S. Marshal
- Weird West