Characters: Undertaker Riddle
The characters from Undertaker Riddle
A high school student, haunted by ghosts. He met Riddle and, at first, declined the offer to be an undertaker, but in the end, he had to agree in order to save his life from an evil spirit who already made him lose half of his soul. To get a chance to get it back, Hayato must become an excellent undertaker to have an audience with Riddle's superiors and ask for his soul back.
In charge of making ghosts go to the afterlife and holding proper funerals to exorcise evil spirits, Riddle bonds Hayato to him, giving him half of his soul. Loves to appear out of nowhere, mess with Hayato's head and act kinda childlike but he's very good at his job. Most about him and his past is unknown.
Catacomb of Souls
One of Riddle's superiors. First seen testing Hayato to see if he's suitable to be a proper undertaker. Has a dislike for humans and human stuff.
The king of the afterlife, who judges if the souls should go to heaven or hell. Interested in Hayato since Riddle did a contract with him, being just a human. She's actually a woman. She also holds a "Twilight's key"
Julian and Shall
An undertaker sibling team who are looking for Hayato's missing soul.
- Action Girl: Julian, and how.
- Berserk Button: Don't confuse Julian with a man! She's a woman and proud of it!
- Creepy Child: Shall.
- Dropped A Bridge On Them: They both died after the castle collapsed over them after they got trapped inside.
- The Fake Cutie: Shall. She, at first, looks like a sweet, adorable girl...later she talks about cutting up Hayato to see where he's hiding the "Twilight's key", in a very creepy way.
- Gender-Blender Name: Julian is actually a woman.
- Hot-Blooded: Julian.
- Hot Chick With A Sword: Julian. Subverted for Julius's looks.
- Important Haircut: Julian, to escape from an evil spirit, had to let her hair get cut.
- Kill It with Water: Instead of normal burials, they perform water burials.
- Knight Templar Big Sister: Julian. If Dante flirts too much with Shall, she will behead him.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Julian.
- Legal Jail Bait: Shall looks like a little girl, but as an undertaker she's actually Older Than She Looks and Dante's after her.
- Samus is a Girl: Julian is actually Shall's older sister.
- Sibling Team
Ansem and Luka
Another team of undertakers, also looking for Hayato's soul.
Dante and Hiren
Another team of undertakers.
- Blood Knight: Dante.
- Chained by Fashion: Dante.
- Curtains Match the Window: Both.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Both of them.
- Dante: He was betrayed by his mafia family, mostly his own brother.
- Hiren: He became a member of the Chinese mafia at a very young age. Took Training from Hell, killed people and more, all to protect his adoptive father who, in the end, betrayed him and told him he was not his son.
- Ephebophile: Dante prefers cute girls over busty, mature women like Faust; if they are tomboys, all the better and was disappointed Hayato turned out to be a guy.
- Extreme Doormat: Hiren to Dante.
- Fragile Flower: Hiren. Hayato says dealing with him is like dealing with a big kid.
- Hidden Badass: Hiren. Well he's Dante's funeral guide.
- Hot-Blooded: Dante.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Dante.
- Kill It with Fire: Instead of a normal funeral, Dante performs cremations.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Hiren...Damn!
- Morality Pet: Hiren to Dante.
- Messy Hair: Hiren.
- Nothing Up My Sleeve: Hiren has hidden knives in his sleeves.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Dante is the red, Hiren is the blue.
- Smoking Is Cool: Dante.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Hiren.
An Evil spirit who's looking for Hayato as he's the "Twilight's key"
who's wanted by his master.
An evil spirit that used to be an undertaker
who's a member of The Arcana under the position of the 7th arcana.
The first Arcana.
DioDante's little brother, who betrayed and killed him, as a member of the mafia family
and the fourth evil spirit of The Arcana.
Hayato's little brother.
A student from St. Paulo academy, where Riddle and Hayato go to investigate a series of murders. Since the killer is targeting blond students, he's a potential victim.
A professor of St. Paulo and Riddle and Hayato's suspect.
- The Atoner: He will stop punishing his students and stop living in his traditionalism to atone pushing Nemuro deeper in his satanic worship.
- Red Herring: He wasn't the murderer after all but the last victim. Nemuro actually planted the doubts in Hayato's mind about Kurotou to divert any suspicion from himself and draw him to his trap.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Stern Teacher
- Stoic Spectacles
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Very tall. Hayato calculated more or less 1.90m.
- Whip It Good: Uses a whip to punish students. Since it's a Catholic boarding school, it's justifiable.