Characters: Timothy Goes to School
open/close all folders
Played by: Austin DilulioThe main character of the show. An excitable 5-year-old raccoon who often helps his friends with their problems. He is best friends with Yoko.
- Cheerful Child
- Companion Cube: A toy penguin named "Pengy."
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Yoko.
- The Everyman
- The Hero
- Nice Boy
Played by: Lisa YamanakaA sweet-natured Japanese cat who plays the violin and is very close to Timothy.
Played by: Laurie ElliottTimothy's intelligent badger or skunk friend who sometimes knows even more than the teacher, but tends to be messy.
- Bungling Inventor: One of his inventions didn't work, and it got him down.
- Freaky Is Cool: He likes insects.
- Put on a Bus: In "Fritz on the Move."
- The Bus Came Back: He returns in "Many Happy Returns", only 1 episode later.
- The Smart Guy
- Wise Beyond Their Years
Played by: Max MorrowA shy little mouse who finds it hard to talk in front of others, but has a great imagination. He mostly plays with Timothy, Yoko, and Lilly.
- Cowardly Lion
- Mr. Imagination: He's often shown to be one of the more imaginative students during play.
- The Napoleon: He doesn't have the bad temper, but he's sensitive about his height.
- Shrinking Violet
- Why Did It Have To Be Spiders?
Played by: Alyson CourtA noisy mouse who earned the nickname Noisy Nora who tends to be a bit bossy and sulky. Nora enjoys her mother reading her stories. She has a baby brother named Jack and a sister named Kate that's about 3 years older than her. She owns a pet lizard named Norman who later in the series moves to Hilltop School in order to live in a bigger aquarium.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Timothy in "The Greatest", if only because she became overly-reliant on him and made him do everything for both her and others when anyone had the smallest problem.
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Middle Child Syndrome
- The Napoleon
- No Indoor Voice
- Why Did It Have To Be Dinosaurs?: She gets over it when she finds out that not all dinosaurs are huge.
Played by: Mag RuffmanA forgetful and airheaded fox who is often seen with a ribbon tied around her finger so she remembers things. Lilly moved to the neighborhood recently from somewhere down south and has her first snow day during the series. She eventually becomes best friends with Nora.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Disappeared Dad
- The Ditz
- Does Not Like Spam: She doesn't like mustard or strong peppermints because they burn her tongue.
- Forgetful Jones
- Spell My Name with an "S": Although episode titling and other official resources clearly indicate that her name is "Lilly," the spelling is so unusual that it's regularly misspelled on the Internet as "Lily" and it's not at all unusual to see both spellings in pages about the series.
- The Ingenue
- The One Who Wears Shoes: She and Mrs. Jenkins are the only characters on the show who wear shoes.
Played by: Tracy RyanA boisterous beaver who likes sports and is the tallest in the class, but the smallest in her family.
- Abhorrent Admirer / Hopeless Suitor: Seemed to be an implied one for Timothy in the first episode, but it was dropped afterwards.
- The Big Girl
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: She wears a bow on her head.
- Genki Girl
- Huge School Girl
- Outnumbered Sibling/The One Girl: She is the only girl child in her family while her siblings are boys.
- Pink Means Feminine: Inverted. She wears a pink dress but she's not really feminine.
- Tomboy: She is sporty, not afraid to get dirty, and likes to play soccer with her older brothers.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Seems to be squeeze cheese.
- Why Did It Have To Be Bugs?
Frank & Frank
Played by: Darren Frost (Frank #1) and Rob Stefaniuk (Frank #2)Twin French bulldog brothers who love playing sports and playing pranks. They like to play together and often speak in unison.
- Book Dumb: Implied.
- Catch Phrase: "Me before you, me first!" "No, me before you, me first!" "...Okay, we'll both go first!"
- Companion Cube: For Frank #2, a stuffed bulldog named "Bully"
- Furry Reminder: They like to drink from the faucet.
- Jerk Jocks: Can be somewhat like this at times.
- Leitmotif: They have one that generally seems to play whenever they're doing they're "me before you, me first" routine, or otherwise goofing off.
- Missing Mom
- The Pranksters
- Single-Minded Twins
- Trademark Favorite Food: Franks & Beans
- Trickster Twins
Played by: Joanne VannicolaAn arrogant raccoon who seems to be good at everything. He had a bit of a rivalry with Timothy at first but they soon became good friends. He is mostly seen with Grace.
- The Ace: But not at swimming. His revelation of this to Timothy helps mend bridges between them.
- Book Worm: Unusual for his character archetype, he's the one who is usually seen on his own reading a book
- Deadpan Snarker
- Missing Mom
- Spirited Competitor
- The Bully: To Timothy in the first episode only.
- The Rival: To Timothy until he shows Claude how to swim in "Taking the Plunge."
- Took a Level in Kindness: Toward Timothy after "Taking the Plunge." Helping Claude learn how to swim helped them become good friends.
- Why Did It Have To Be Water?: Until Timothy teaches him how to swim.
Played by: Linda KashA somewhat snobby upper-class cat who likes dancing, especially ballet and figure-skating. She is mostly seen with Claude.
- Alpha Bitch
- Cats Are Mean
- Deadpan Snarker
- Girly Girl: She is upper-class, loves dancing, hates getting dirty and gross things, and likes things to be perfect.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Doris's Tomboy when they go to dance class.
- Neat Freak
- Pink Means Feminine: Her ballet outfit is pink and she is very feminine.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In the episode "Abracadabra", she takes a peek in Fritz's magic book and steals the talent for one of his tricks which causes him to get mad and blame Timothy.
- True Blue Femininity: She wears a blue dress and she is very feminine.
Played by: Susan Laney DaltonA Spanish cat who just transferred to Hilltop School in the last two episodes and was a bit anxious to leave her mother.
Played by: Fiona ReidFormerly Miss Abercrombie; Mrs Jenkins is the class' fox teacher.
- Catch Phrase: "Quick sticks, children."
- The One Who Wears Shoes: She and Lilly are the only characters on the show who wear shoes.
Played by: Jamie WatsonA cheerful beaver who is the school's janitor and bus driver. He used to be Mrs Jenkins' student back when she was Miss Abercrombie.
- Nice Hat: He has one that he wears sometimes when driving the bus.