open/close all folders
- Dual Wielding: Can dual wield almost anything that is midsized.
- Idiot Hero: Charge first, ask questions later.
- Limit Break: Omnistrike and later on, Talisman.
- MacGuffin: His Talisman.
- Master of All: If you let him learn all the skills. Not really worth it unless you have the Ragna-rock accessory and if you're on a New Game+ and the Mystic Seal formation (only for the PC).
- Multi-Melee Master: Well you have to build him up from scratch, but he can learn about almost any weapon and art style as soon as he gets his hands on it, barring race exclusive ones.
- Super Speed: What his talisman allows him to do.
- Summon Magic: He gets Cyclops when you fight the Gates of Hell.
- Tomato in the Mirror: He's a Remnant.
- Combat Medic: More on medic than on combat, but she's definitely useful.
- Combination Attack: Dual Snowpetal with Khrynia but only if the latter is the leader of the union and is in a certain formation.
- Damsel in Distress: Throughout the first act.
- Katanas Are Just Better: If you gave her the Nightbloom katana. In her case though, it's subverted as Emmy's just better with the sword.
- Sibling Team: If you put her in Rush's team.
- Badass Longcoat
- BFG: Gae Bolg is huge.
- Crutch Character: Firing off Gae Bolg is pretty good for clearing out Mooks, but later on when players try to fight the bosses later down the line, players then find out that they're underleveled because of missing out on the stat grinds and skill ranks are severely lacking. It also doesn't help that David only uses a one-hand sword which severely cuts the damage output that he could do. He's still a godsend however when players are going for a Low Battle Rank game.
- Eyepatch of Power
- Fashionable Asymmetry
- Limit Break: Gae Bolg and the less powerful Ex Machina.
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me
Voiced by: Atsuko Tanaka (Japanese), Susan Duerdan (English)
- Action Girl
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted.
- Blood from the Mouth: After The Conqueror managed to land a fatal hit on her.
- Blood Knight: Definitly show some tendencies when facing Namul Niram and the Conqueror.
- Combat Medic
- Crutch Character: A decent Jack-of-All-Stats and one of the few mitra to have access to dual wielding skills. However, because she gets Killed Off for Real, players recommend to take her out as soon as possible.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Emma to Rush, though she grew to admit she misjudged him.
- Dual Wielding
- Dueling Scar: Several, in fact.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Courtesy of The Conqueror, with his bare hand.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Even if she's initially more physically oriented, she handles magic quite well too. Her defaults (and uniques) weapons provide her good scores in both physical and magical power, and also enhances her protection against both types quite well.
- Killed Off for Real: Courtesy of The Conqueror, again.
- Lady of War
- Parental Substitute: Was like a mother to David.
- The Red Mage: Quite proeficient with her swords, can learn attack spells, and knows some healing ones.
- Sword Fight: With The Conqueror. Despite being a powerful warrior, she can't do anything against him, and ultimately get killed.
Voiced by: Taiten Kusunoki (Japanese), Travis Willingham (English)
- Dual Wielding: And his default stance is quadruple wielding.
- Gun Fu: His Limit Break "Lugh's Revenge" allows him to pull this off with all four of his arms.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's been around for a long time.
Voiced by: Yasuhiro Mamiya (Japanese), David Vincent (English)
Voiced by: Mitsuru Ogata (Japanese), Chris Kent (English)
- Limit Break: Megalore is a screen cleaning attack.
- Mr. Exposition: Usually has to inform Rush (and thus the player) how things go.
- Three Amigos: Him, Maddox, and Sibal were one back in the day.
Voiced by: Sachiko Kojima (Japanese), Siobahn Flynn (English)
- Badass Longcoat: Identical to her mother.
- Combat Medic: Even more so than her mother. She's already learned Revitalize when she joins.
- Dual Wielding: Seems to be a family thing. She and her mother are the only Mitra (human) characters (aside from potentially Rush) to use this wield style.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Shows up as soon as you can get to Celaphaleis.
- Limit Break: Her Hundred Flowers Unique Art, which she can only uses when her union's Hit Points is below 30%. Also, her summon of Namul Niram and the Weapon Art Snowpetal (granted you gifted her the Nightbloom).
- Strong Family Resemblance: Even lampshaded by some characters.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: To Emma.
Unique Leaders (arranged alphabetically)
Duke of Ghor
- An Axe to Grind: Bilqis
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He tries at the very least. Unfortunately, he's picking fights with a souped up Hermeien and The Conqueror.
- Badass: Considering he lives after getting punched by The Conqueror, he qualifies.
- Large And In Charge: The leader of the Congress after the Time Skip and he's a yama.
- Only Known by Their Nickname
- Peninsula of Power Leveling: Her quest in the PC version allows players to stat and skill grind like crazy. However, you'll have to sacrifice getting her, Emmy's Hundred Flower Limit Break, some items, and Jager.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Figuring out who he was is his quest.
- Combination Attack: Dual Snowpetal with Irina but only if she's the union leader, Irina has the Nightbloom katana, and is using a certain formation.
- Trap Master: The best item user in the game.
- Valley Girl: Very much so.
- Overrated And Underleveled: The requirements to get him is so outrageous (BR 80) that by the time you get him, your other party members are powerhouses that getting him is pointless.
- Three Amigos: With Sibal and Pagus.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Being experimented by the Third Committee.
- Long-Lost Relative: Kate's younger brother.
- BFS: He'll ask for the Frostblade if you have it.
- Sadistic Choice: Either you get him for the Frostblade and deal with The Conqueror's Animacule attack or you finish the "At Hatred's End" quest and not need to deal with said attack. This is even more sadistic in the Xbox 360 version where if you didn't side with Ophelia and complete said quest, you can say goodbye to your 100% Completion.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Rather than heading towards Nagapur, she instead counts fishes at Crookfen. She'll still stay there even after the Time Skip.
- No Sense of Direction
- Peninsula Of Powerleveling: The rare monster Bai Ze appears after initiating her quest.
- Cassandra Truth: He really did see the Arco Iris, though he himself doubts whether he saw it himself or was just hallucinating.
- Three Amigos: With Pagus and Maddox
- Accidental Hero: She wanted to assassinate Duke Qubine; she saves him instead.
- The Medic
- Mystical White Hair
- Ax-Crazy: He laughs when your party members get hit.
- Dual Wielding: Quad wielding in his case.
- Lost Forever: Did you unlock Underwalt before finishing The Fallen quest? Say goodbye to recruiting him, defeating The Fallen, and gaining access to the Ancient Ruins (the last one only applies to the PC version).
- Overrated And Underleveled: He's a really great character who has decent physical and mystic art skills. Unfortunately by the time you do get him, players will be so overleveled because they would be level grinding against The Fallen which players need to defeat just to recruit him.
- Bare-Handed Blade Block: Stopped Emma's blade inches from his face with his bare fingers, in an instant.
- Blood from the Mouth
- Curb-Stomp Battle: With Emma. She's a formidable warrior, but she didn't stand a chance against him. He just keeps parrying all her attacks, while calmly walking towards his objective, and finally dispose of her once he had enough.
- The Juggernaut: Oh boy...
- Man in White: The White Conqueror.
- Megaton Punch: He's more dangerous with his fists than with the Valeria Heart.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast
- One-Man Army: 18 units versus him. Half the time, players are reviving dead characters while he's whittling your unions.
- The Slow Walk: The man never runs. He walks, slowly, blasts one or two doors barring his passage, and parry attacks from ennemies without even looking at them.
- The Stoic
- True Final Boss: Rank 8 Conqueror who has 2 million hit points and devastating attacks.
- White Hair, Black Heart: As the White Conqueror.
Castanea & Roeas
Voiced by: Junko Minagawa (Roeas, Japanese), Dan Woren (Castanea, English), Victoria Harwood (Roeas, English)
Hannah & Hinnah
Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro (Japanese), Tricia Dickson (English)
Voiced by: Junya Fukumatsu (Japanese), Michael McConnohie (English)
- Limit Break: Galaxy
- Sole Survivor: Of his squad.
- Survivor Guilt: He's been trying to resurrect them to no avail.
Voiced by: Kazuo Hayashi (Japanese), Harry Molloy (English)
- Badass Grandpa: The hardest boss fight of The Seven.
- Oh Crap!: Many a player will say this whenever he uses Iron Will.
- One-Hit Kill: Once he starts using the above. The only way to avoid it is if the union leader is immune to instant death skills.
Voiced by: Yasumichi Kushida (Japanese), Freddy Douglas (English)
- Dual Wielding: He's using two spears, one for each two hands he has. Justified as he's a sovani.
- The Fighting Narcissist
- Gun Fu: He's the original user of "Lugh's Revenge"; defeating him lets Torgal use it as well.
Voiced by: Kenji Takahashi (Japanese), Dameon Clarke (English)
- BFS: The Frostblade, which Roberto can ask for.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: His Limit Break
- Troll: After threatening that he's going to kill Rush should the player finish his quest, he'll then say that he lied.
Voiced by: Katsuhiro Kitagawa (Japanese), Kyle Hebert (English)
Voiced by: Shuuichiro Moriyama (Japanese), Chris Ayres (English)
- Killed Off for Real: While you don't fight him, you do fight his minions throughout the game. However, he's also The Unfought.
- Really 700 Years Old: Implied in a sidequest.
Voiced by: Takahiro Fujimoto (Japanese), Gerald C. Rivers (English)
- Limit Break: Beatdown. When he joins you, he uses Beowulf instead and with the right weapon, Schiavona.
- Optional Party Member
- Scary Black Man
- Summon Magic: Lob Omen which you could use later in the game, provided you finish his Side Quest.
Voiced by: Mitsuaki Madono (Japanese), Emmet James (English)