open/close all folders
The Film Crew
Joseph ‘Joe’ Lamb
Played By: Joel Courtney
- Parental Neglect: Joe's father can't wait to shovel him off to a camp for the summer. He's terrified of being left alone with Joe.
- Tragic Keepsake: His Mom's locket.
- Would Hit a Girl: But hesitantly and only because it was the only way to wake her up so that they could run for their lives.
Played By: Riley Griffiths
- Hot-Blooded: He's somewhat abrasive and short-tempered.
Played By: Ryan Lee
- Keet: He's pretty hyperactive and easily excitable.
Played By: Gabriel Basso
- Ill Boy: He has a very weak stomach.
Played By: Zach Mills
Residents of Lillian, Ohio
Jackson ‘Jack’ Lamb
Played By: Kyle Chandler
Dr. Thomas Woodward
Played By: Glynn Thurman
- The Atoner: For his part in experimenting on the alien.
- Butt Monkey: He's never seen in a single normal situation. He's always being grabbed, or hurt, or tortured...
- Defiant to the End: Tells Nelec exactly what he thinks of him.
Played By: Brett Rice
- It Will Never Catch On: Sort of. He's disdainful of portable music because he thinks it's a 'slippery slope'. Indeed, the guy he chides for it fails to overhear Pruitt being attacked.
Played By: Kyle Gallagher
Mr & Mrs Kaznyk
Played By: Joel McKinnon Miller & Jessica Tuck
- Happily Married: They're never seen arguing, and seem like a team when it comes to dealing with their many kids.
Played By: Amanda Michalka
The Air Force
- Bad Boss: He murders his former employee Dr Woodward in cold blood, and sends his Dragon into a practically suicidal situation.
- Big Bad: Nelec is the true villain of the story; all the horrible events that plague Lillian can be traced back to his initial actions.
- Exact Words: He gently promises he will 'take care' of Woodward...but Woodward knows what that means.
- Torture Technician: He was responsible for torturing the alien, and also tortured Woodward for info.
Master Sergeant Overmeyer
Played By: Richard T. Jones
- The Dragon: To Colonel Nelec.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: He's ripped out of the bus by the Alien as he's trying to clarify an order from Nelec.
- Punch Clock Villain: He's following orders, and otherwise doesn't seem like all that bad a guy.
- Oh, Crap: He understandably looks terrified when Nelec orders him to tag the creature.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: When he first crashed, all he wanted was to go back to his planet. Nelec and the military subjected him to cruel experiments and inhumane conditions amounting to torture. Angry and in agony, he kills humans freely after escaping.
- Big Eater: Of humans.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Humans become his source of food.
- Immune to Bullets: The combined might of the Air Force doesn't impact him much. Nelec unloads an entire magazine into his face and it doesn't slow him down.
- No Name Given: We never learn his true name, or the name of his race.
- Not So Different: From Joe; both have been through a trauma and feel alone in the world.
- Psychic Link: With whoever he touches, seemingly by choice.
- Tunnel King: He gets about by tunneling underneath the town, able to come and go as he wishes.