Heartwarming: Super 8
- The chaste, bittersweet romance between Joe and Alice.
- Clinched by the scene in Joe's bedroom where Alice watches the Super 8 film of Joe's mom filmed from Joe's birth onward, as both kids are coming to terms with how their two families were devastated by the accident that killed her.
- When Joe's father finally finds him and gives him that hug the Sheriff said he should.
- And when Alice and her dad hug as well.
- When the alien looks at Joe, really looks at him, and understands what he's saying. And they both get to go home.
- The very ending of the film, where Joe finally lets go of his mother's necklace, symbolising him coming to terms with her death, and the alien's spaceship lifting off into the night sky.
- This scene in particular is significant because the lit-up shape of the alien's spacecraft closely resembles a star rising into the sky. Since that scene is really all about Joe learning to let go of his memories of his mother, more than a few people have taken the star-shape as symbolism for his mother's soul ascending into Heaven.
- "It was an accident."