Tear Jerker: Super 8
- The ending scene, where the monster helps Joe get over his mom's death. All together now: Awwwww!
- Especially the part where Joe lets go of the locket and it floats up in the air. The music assists greatly in making that a tear-jerker.
- Joe's dad hugging him at the end.
- Made all the more of a tearjerker since the sheriff told him earlier in the film to do exactly that.
- The home video with Joe's mother.
- The scene immediately after.
- The first shot of the X Days Since, think for a second if there's anything before that has actually played that trope tragically.