Characters: Shamanic Princess
Voiced by: Sayuri Yamauchi (Japanese), Tara Sands (English)
- Cain and Abel: With Lena, in the best friends type.
- Fiery Redhead: Tiara never backs down from a challenge. Why should she? She's stronger than everyone.
- Hair Wings: The Geil Eldo Zamath transformation gives Tiara a pair of blood-red wings that double as her hair.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Sayuri Yamauchi aka "Lady Une"
- Idiot Hair: Has one, although it doesn't seem to fit her personality. This may be related to the Tone Shift the series went through in development. Shamanic Princess was initially planned as a standard Magical Girl with a Na´ve Everygirl heroine.
- Joshikousei: Wears a blue sailor outfit when at school,.
- Magical Girl Warrior
- Mega Twintails: Vast, poofy not-quite-ringlet examples. It's part of what makes Shamanic Princess a great cosplay challenge series.
- Ms. Fanservice: She exhibits a laundry list of Rule of Sexy tropes:
- The Scapegoat: She gracefully accepts punishment for a mistake Graham made on a mission.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Her Super Mode form has golden eyes with a black ring in the middle.
- Tsundere:Tiara knows who the strongest person in the room is. It's her. She doesn't have to play nice with anyone, and she's not above letting them know it. But underneath, she just wants everyone to be happy.
Voiced by: Mitsuki Yayoi (Japanese), Suzy Prue (English)
- Berserk Button: Give her the impression that you're betraying/abandoning your loved ones, and she'll thirst for your blood.
- Blondes Are Evil: In her Super Mode form. To be fair, she was a People Puppet at the time.
- Can't Catch Up: Lena knows she will never be as powerful as Tiara, but that doesn't make it any easier to accept.
- Defector from Decadence: Lena abandons her mission and sides with Kagetsu when she decides his motives are more noble than the faceless Guardian World elders.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her Super Mode outfit.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Mitsuki "Kaede Kunikida" Yayoi
- Lady of War: She looks elegant no matter what she does. It helps that she is a strictly long range Squishy Wizard.
- Love Confessor: Expresses her Unrequited Love for Kagetsu in a monologue.
- Magic Music: Lena controls her powers by playing her flute.
- Proper Lady: Her civilian dress is modest and she's friendlier than Tiara.
- Stripperiffic: Her Super Mode outfit looks like it was painted on.
- Rapunzel Hair: Bluish-green hair down to her knees.
Voiced by: Tomo Sakurai (Japanese), Mary Anne Towne (English)
- Apocalypse Maiden: In the sense that Kagetsu is risking the integrity of the Guardian World on her behalf.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: She ascended during the Time Skip (between eps.6 and eps.1) by merging with the Throne of Yord. It makes her...difficult to deal with.
- Ill Girl: The nightgown-like dress she's always shown wearing suggests this, and episode 5 confirms that she is indeed sickly.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: The first impression she gives is "sweet, innocent Distressed Damsel" but the series subverts this as it reveals more about the Throne of Yord. If the Throne has darkness in it, then so does Sara.
- Malevolent Masked Maiden: The Throne of Yord (or Sara, or some combination of the two) switches forms at one point from a pile of tentacles to Sara in a black and red third eye mask.
- Mystical Waif
- Spell My Name with an "S": The subtitles in the CPM release render her name as both Sarah and Sara. Considering that her name is written with kanji, Sara would be more appropriate.
- Anti-Magic: He is a Neutralizer - his powers nullify magic. A Neutralizer's function is keeping the Throne of Yord pacified. Dialogue implies that Neutralizers are a lower tier in the Guardian World Fantastic Caste System than magic users like Tiara and Lena.
- Anti-Villain: Or so we initially assume.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Both Koichi and Crispin also voiced Tosuga in Ghost in the Shell.
- They both also voiced Albedo in Xenosaga.
- Internalized Categorism: He regards himself as less capable because he is a Neutralizer, but he achieves a great deal through sheer force of will.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Stole the Throne to save his beloved sister Sara.
- My Greatest Failure: He blames himself for Sara's imprisonment.
- Old Flame: He and Tiara dated before he stole the Throne of Yord.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Swarthy, dark hair, dark eyes and in a Love Triangle.
Voiced by: Rica Matsumoto (Japanese), P.M. Lewis (English)
- Battle Butler
- Big Eater: He's frequently shown eating - at one point he devours an apple that's as big as he is.
- Cartoony Tail: It poofs up when finds the scent of the Throne of Yord.
- Exposition Fairy: Japolo helps to explain the setting for the benefit of the audience. There is a potentially justifying implication that Japolo and Tiara haven't been partners for very long, and that's why he wants to make sure they're both on the same page.
- Killer Rabbit
- The Nose Knows: He helps Tiara locate the Throne of Yord by sense of smell.
- Talking Animal: And a Deadpan Snarker.
- Weasel Mascot
Voiced by: Hiro Yuki (Japanese), Alvaro J. Gonzalez (English)
- Bodyguard Crush: On Lena
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: In his Super Mode form.
- Facial Markings: A mole on his forehead
Voiced by: Rica Matsumoto (Japanese), Tristan Goddard (English)
- Bodyguard Crush: He exists to protect Tiara, and has some...issues with her boyfriend Kagetsu.
- Cool Mask: A pretty unique one that covers the left half of his face vertically.
- Cute Monster Girl: A Spear Counterpart - Graham is a cute Gothic horror monster.
- Not Good with Rejection: Graham is not the same after his painful failure to confess his feelings to Tiara. It's not clear if he's simply being reckless or if he as a death wish, but he seems relieved when Kagetsu nullifies him.
- Rubber Man: Graham attacks by splitting his arms into tentacles.
- Yandere: Clearly loves and wants to protect Tiara, and will kill anyone he sees as a threat.
The Throne of Yord
Voiced by: Rokurō Naya (Japanese), Tristan Goddard (English)
Apolline Faria, Mimi Joyman and Susanna White
Voiced by: Tomoko Maruo, Yuka Imai, Akiko Nakagawa (Japanese), Wendy Walker (Apolline), Rachael Lillis (Mimi and Susanna) (English)