- If you're looking for the Big Five and their subordinates go to Reaching Salvation Two.
- If by chance you you seek Tropes that relate to the Illuminati, then Reaching Salvation Three is where you want to go.
Many Contain Spoilers for all those not up-to-date with the most current events in Reaching Salvation and Post Acer. You have been warned.
open/close all folders
- "People think...that the world is over...But it isn't...the world isn't over until the last being dies...and unless that happens, we have the capability to rebuild civilization."Joey Hadden, showing how big of an idealist he really is.Created and played by Book the Hero
- Anti-Magic: Percival's Flow Neutralization.
- Berserk Button: If it even looks like you just harmed someone close to him (even if they were just an illusion), he'll ignore all common sense, and every fiber in his being to destroy you. The only way to stop him is for Percival to force control over his body.
- Blessed with Suck: The day luck was handed out, Joey overslept. Poor bastard...
- Dishing Out Dirt / Extra-ore-dinary
- The Fool
- Happily Married: to Erika.
- Genre Savvy: Percival was agreed to currently be the most Genre Savvy character in Reaching Salvation.
- Good Is Dumb: Inverted. While most believed this to be the case, without even interacting with him much, he is actually...
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Percival seems to do this everyone four or five pages, at least.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: To his other personality of all people...
- It makes more sense in context. Though from the way they're portrayed Joey would be the Red Oni whilst Percival is the Blue.
- Shipper on Deck: Percival ships JoKa, and, although it hasn't been mentioned in the RP, both ship Lukira as they both find Nathan obnoxious.
- Split Personality: Percival.
- Split-Personality Makeover: A few characters like Erika and Delmer note certain differences when Joey or Percival is in control.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: See the character quote.
- "You are not pathetic. You're human."To Heidi, after the first Chimera Challenge.Created and played by Mr Miss Mrs Random
- Berserk Button: If you hurt her teammates or friends, expect something bad to happen.
- Does This Remind You of Anything???: He's only absorbing her Flow. Really!
- Expy: Character was based on Alice in Wonderland. As seen here. Yep, it's a Rabbit on her head.
- Foe Yay: And then some with Nathan.
- I Am Your Opponent: Once or Twice.
- Knife Nut: Her weapon of choice besides her Flow is a Hunting Knife
- Les Yay: With Heidi and Adeline. Mostly.
- Little Miss Snarker: Has her moments.
- Mama Bear: To Elena and teamates.
- Master of Illusion: Could form into this...
- At least it's not Complete Hypnosis...
- Meaningful Name: Her name means "Eternal Ruler", maybe the nickname "Princess" is appropriate after all.
- Shipper on Deck: Neo/Adeline (Neoline?), and surprisingly Nathira.
- Ship Tease: With Joey
- See above entry in Joey's character sheet.
- Your Mind Makes It Real
Kira RyneheartKira is quiet, shy, and pretty much afraid of everything and anything. She doesn't like fighting all that much, and her teammates' training battles against each other bother her a lot. She has severe issues with fire and explosions, confined spaces, and moving too quickly (like a roller coaster).Her Flow is the ability to control and grow plants. At the moment, they are like an extension of her limbs, and if they're destroyed, she feels pain, too.Her teammates are Nathan and Luke. Despite what others seem to think, she loves them both equally, just in different ways. It's more of a romantic thing with Nathan, while Luke is like a big brother. After the events of the Beast Tamer Challenge, the latter remains murky.
- Action Girl: She can kick ass when she feels it's necessary. And if she can muster up enough courage.
- Berserk Button: Leaving her friends heavily injured is a pretty good way to piss her off. She only really gets angry if she's feeling pretty confident. If you piss her off when you can barely understand her, you're screwed. To what extent, I'm unsure of, since no one's managed to do that yet.
- Beware the Nice Ones: You saw what happened to Daniel. And that wasn't even "angry" on normal people standards, just "annoyed."
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Is showing shades of this as of the Beast Tamer Challenge.
- The Chick / The Heart: She doesn't really like fighting. She's not really good at it either.
- Shrinking Violet: She can barely talk without stuttering. If she talks at all.
- Split Personality
- "Why won't you burn?!"-Luke Evans having an Ax-Crazy moment during the Breakout Arc.
- Anti-Hero: Type II, grumpy but good people.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!
- Ax-Crazy: Briefly during his fighting with Carly and Kim in the Breakout Arc.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With Kira during the Breakout Arc.
- Badass Normal: Was this during the chimaera challenge, where he brought down several of the beasts using just a can of petrol and a lighter.
- Battle Couple: Many people see Luke and Kira as this, though Kira is currently going out with Nathan.
- Berserk Button: Do not harm Kira if you don't like being deep-fried.
- Boisterous Bruiser: At times.
- Character Development: Gets a lot more jaded in his view of the tournament after the obstacle course challenge, and grows closer to his team mates after the maze challenge.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: A few of his training bouts with Nathan.
- DeadpanSnark: On occasion towards Nathan.
- Determinator: Luke definitely fits this trope.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Initially didn't trust Nathan, but grew to trust him, though this gradually wearing down.
- Guns Are Worthless: Uses a sword though using a gun may be more appropriate.
- Hot-Blooded: Luke definitely fits this.
- I Can Still Fight!: Does this during the Breakout Arc when Kim points out he has no Flow, and when he is downed by Carly's attack.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Is cocky on occasion, and often rude to new people.
- Kill It with Fire: And how!
- The Lancer: To Nathan, obviously.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Luke enjoys running into fights.
- Papa Wolf: Acts this way towards Kira.
- Playing with Fire
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Nathan's Blue.
- Sword Sparks: During his spar with Nathan.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Gradually getting more skilled and in control.
Tom O'ConnerTom is the huge blind team mate of Jayden and Kriska who has power over the earth. He's generally seen as one of the more powerful contestants, mainly by Nathan and Shima. Nathan believes he is the only one powerful enough to give him a good fight, and Shima refers to him as a member of the 'Power Triangle' that exists between all the contestants in the tower.Tom lost his team-mates during the maze challenge, spending hours searching for them in the disqualification room, unable to tell because of his blindness whether they were still in it. He has since found another friends in Eithne, who has become like another team mate, the two helping each other through the chimaera challenge.
- Achilles' Heel: Relies on the earth to see, as Eithne used to his advantage by destroying the ground around him. It takes him a while to read just to new terrain. He's also completely blind in the tower.
- Anti-Hero: Type II, Tom is grumpy and occasionally violent, but is definitely a 'good person'.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Tom does this with Eithne during the chimaera challenge.
- Blessed with Suck: His Flow made him blind, and his new vision isn't perfect. He's unable to know what any of his friends look like, as shown by his shock when Shima showed him visions of his friends and he was shocked by how he himself looked.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Seems to be fighting his brainwashing, though as the brainwasher was Shima, it is debatable how long he can keep this up.
- Combat Pragmatist: Tom uses the environment to his full advantage with his power.
- Deadpan Snarker: Tom does this a lot.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Definitely.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Can't wear shoes if he wants to see.
- Elemental Baggage: Not that this means much with his power over earth.
- Expy: Of Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender, to the point of being ridiculous. To be fair, the creator had this in mind while making Tom.
- Five-Man Band: Fills in the Big Guy role usually, though he is interchangeable with Eithne as the Smart Guy.
- Lightning Bruiser: Moves the earth beneath his feet, or even pops underneath it to move extra fast, and he can definitely kick ass.
- Milky White Eyes
- Never Learned to Read: Subverted, he was able to see before the Apocalypse and his Flow left him blind.
- Power Levels: Is said by Shima and by Nathan to be among the most powerful contestants in the tower. This didn't show much until the Breakout Arc, though, as his fight against Chris was the only one he really won, since he drew against Eithne, and beat Nathan cleanly only when Nathan was trying out his Ice powers. To be fair, he was stated to be at Luke's level at that time, so that may or may not be a big accomplishment.
Adeline Dela CruzA Necromancer. She keeps possessed voodoo dolls with her, Lance (her dead little brother) and Alex (her dead best friend).
- Broken Bird
- Dark is Not Evil
- Hime Cut
- I See Dead People: Well, yeah.
- Our Liches Are Different
- Powers via Possession
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Heidi's Red.
- Secretly Dying: She knows the exact time and date that she's going to die.
- Ship Tease: With Neo.
- Soul Power: Her Flow.
- Tragic Keepsake: Her pocket watch, which used to belong to Alex.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid
- Weak, but Skilled
- Woman in White: She had a white nightgown before she entered the tournament.
Neo ValueA general description about the character's personality, motivations, etc.
Zackary WolfenA general description about the character's personality, motivations, etc.
Character NameA general description about the character's personality, motivations, etc.
Tropes:A list of characterization tropes associated with this character, separated by bullets.
Heidi ArmisteadHeidi is short-tempered, cocky, and would take on the world if she thought it was necessary. In terms of grudges, she doesn't always hold them too well, but it depends on the situation.Her Flow is the ability to control blood. She has trouble finding that happy median in which she can defend herself and not kill her opponent. Her arms are pretty heavily scarred from where she cuts herself with her pocket knife in order to have easier access to her own blood. Her teammates are Erika and Adeline, but she tends to count Neo as one, too.
- Action Girl: She's too prideful to be the damsel in distress anyway.
- Berserk Button: Step on her pride, insult/threaten her friends/Simon, it really isn't hard to piss her off.
- Cool Big Sis: She sees Simon as a little brother. And she's cool.
- Little Miss Snarker: It's like a form of self defense. But a hell of a lot more fun.
- Mama Bear: You hurt Simon, you die. She feels this way about her teammates, just not as much since she sees them as capable.
- Scars Are Forever: Her arms are scarred from cutting them, while her face is scarred from a fight with Nathan.
- Shipper on Deck: Neoline. Oh so much. On the other hand, she doesn't approve of Joka at all, since she thinks Joey's a moron who can't defend himself.
- Tsundere: She either likes you or she doesn't. Chances are she doesn't.
Simon (No last name given)A child who snuck into the Tower near the start of the Acer Tournament. His Flow causes him to lose energy/lifeforce whenever someone has skin to skin contact with him. Forms a close relationship with Heidi, viewing her as an older sister, along with Tom and Eithne. Before the Storm was a piano prodigy.
Elena (No last name given)General Description.
- "It still disappoints me on how some people choose swords over the plentiful guns."-Paul talking to Nathan during the Breakout Arc"You're in my way... move, or die."Funny. The amount of times one hears that in their life determines their strength and morality. Good luck."-Paul conversing with Nathan before their fight