open/close all folders
Played By: Rose McGowan
- Action Girl: Once she's taken a level in badass, she tears shit up.
- An Arm and a Leg: Loses a leg during the movie.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Special mention goes to:Cherry: Look, you were being an unbelievable dick. I was walking out on you. I was cold, I took your fucking jacket. So, if you're go on one of your psycho, obsessive, controlling rants about a fucking jacket, then fucking take it 'cause I'd rather fucking freeze than fucking hear about it one more time!
- Combat Stilettos: Well, she only has the one stiletto for her action scenes, but the point remains.
- Deadpan Snarker: Recognised as one in-universe. Before the plot kicked off, she intended to become a stand-up comedienne. Wray thinks she could still pull it off.Wray Some of their best jokes are about cripples!
- Handicapped Badass: It's only after losing her leg that she actually becomes a badass.
- Leg Cannon: Literally; she has an assault rifle with underslung grenade launcher instead of a leg for the last twenty minutes of the film. In the epilogue, she has it upgraded to a minigun.
- No Name Given: "Cherry Darling" is unlikely to be her real name, and "Palomita" is just Wray's name for her.
- Rocket Jump: In the climax, she uses the grenade launcher attached to the assault rifle serving as her leg to launch herself into the air.
- Someone to Remember Him By: She gives birth to Wray's daughter after he dies saving her.
- Took a Level in Badass: Words fail to describe.
- Woman in White: At the end.
Played By: Freddy Rodriguez
- Brutal Honesty: Bluntly tells Cherry that she isn't funny when she expresses her desire to become a comedienne.
- Deadpan Snarker: He has a very dry sense of humour.
- Fragile Speedster: He's small and quick, but he can't endure any actual hits.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He dies saving a pregnant Cherry from a zombie soldier.
- Mysterious Past: The fact that he's called El Wray is apparently significant. That's about all we know.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: He's even shorter than Cherry, yet Wray is a veritable One-Man Army
Dr. William Block
Dr. William Block
Played By: Josh Brolin
- Beard of Evil: A rather thick goatee.
- Creepy Monotone: He raises his voice maybe once. The rest of the time, it's cold and steady.
- Deadly Doctor: He never actually kills anyone on-screen, but he gives off this vibe, especially after his infection.
- Domestic Abuser: Bad enough that his wife was planning to take their son and leave him.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Thick glasses for a complete asshole and abusive husband.
- Karmic Death: Gunned down by his abused wife's father.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: This doctor is also a scumbag wife-beater.
Dr. Dakota Block
Dr Dakota Block
Played By: Marley Shelton
- Adrenaline Makeover: By the end of the film, she's ditched the white coat and done-up hairstyle. Her makeup also fades over the course of the film.
- Bi the Way: She was planning to leave her husband for another woman, and seems to be attracted to Cherry.
- Broken Bird: Domestic abuse and losing a son will do that to you.
- Hospital Hottie: Lampshaded by Bill's friend Joe, who makes several remarks about Dakota... to her husband's face.
- Mama Bear: Although this doesn't last long.
- Took a Level in Badass: From a cringing Broken Bird to genuine badass.
Played By: Jeff Fahey
- Badass Beard: A pretty nice one, too.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He comes off as a witless hillbilly, but JT gets quite a few zombie kills under his belt.
- Cool Old Guy: Looks to be in his fifties, yet he's quite a badass.
- Deadpan Snarker: After Wray orders a cup of coffee at his restaurant.Wray: I still eat here, JT.
JT: Oh, yeah. Try not to choke on all that food you're eatin'.
- Nice Hat: A gray baseball cap he's never seen without.
- Team Chef: His barbecue is apparently so "goddamn good" that Jesse James built him a motorcycle "free of fucking charge" in return.
Played By: Michael Biehn
Played By: Rebel Rodriguez
Played By: Bruce Willis
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of Planet Terror. Apart from the zombies, that is.
- The Comically Serious: His response to being handed a bag of his men's severed balls was just to glare.
- Fallen Hero: He went from killed Osama bin Laden to making deals with a Mad Scientist and detaining plague survivors.
- A Father to His Men: His entire motivation is to try and keep his men alive.
Played By: Naveen Andrews
- Boom, Headshot: One that blows his head completely apart.
- Deadpan Snarker: "Science comes first, but business comes a close fucking second."
- Evil Brit: British accent meets Mad Scientist.
- Faux Affably Evil: He's snarky and friendly enough, but basically the entire movie is his fault, and he has a disturbing interest in collecting men's severed testicles.
- Mad Scientist: He created the DC-2 that sets off the events of the film.
- Surprisingly Sudden Death: He looks around a corner and... ka-blam.
- Token Evil Teammate: Distinctly amoral and slightly villainous at best. However, he intends to cure the virus if the group can escape with their lives (which kind of goes south when Abby himself bites it, but he gets points for trying).
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: He only released the DC-2 to save himself from Muldoon's men. He certainly didn't intend to set off a Zombie Apocalypse.
- Your Head Asplode: His Boom, Headshot is anything but pretty.
Played By: Michael Parks
- Big Damn Heroes: Kills Bill Block just before he would have killed Dakota.
- Kill the Ones You Love: He had to kill his wife Ramona when she became infected.
- One-Man Army: He held off the massive swarm of zombies that attacked JT's, and not only lived, he made his way to the military base in time for a Big Damn Heroes moment.
Played By: Tom Savini
- Butt-Monkey: Gets his finger bitten off, accidentally shoots a hospital patient, accidentally shoots his boss (both of which earn him the title of "dumbass" from Hague), and then is torn apart by zombies. Poor bastard.
Played By: Stacy Ferguson