Characters: Planet Terror
open/close all folders
- Action Girl: Once she's taken a level in badass, she tears shit up.
- An Arm and a Leg: Loses a leg during the movie.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Special mention goes to:
Cherry: Look, you were being an unbelievable dick. I was walking out on you. I was cold, I took your fucking jacket. So, if you're go on one of your psycho, obsessive, controlling rants about a fucking jacket, then fucking take it 'cause I'd rather fucking freeze than fucking hear about it one more time!
- Combat Stilettos: Well, she only has the one stiletto for her action scenes, but the point remains.
- Deadpan Snarker: Recognised as one in-universe. Before the plot kicked off, she intended to become a stand-up comedienne. Wray thinks she could still pull it off.
Wray Some of their best jokes are about cripples!
- Handicapped Badass: It's only after losing her leg that she actually becomes a badass.
- Leg Cannon: Literally; she has an assault rifle instead of a leg for the last twenty minutes of the film.
- No Name Given: "Cherry Darling" is unlikely to be her real name, and "Palomita" is just Wray's name for her.
- Rocket Jump: In the climax, she uses the grenade launcher attached to the assault rifle serving as her leg to launch herself into the air.
- Someone to Remember Him By: She gives birth to Wray's daughter after he dies saving her.
- Took a Level in Badass: Words fail to describe.
- Woman in White: At the end.
Played By: Freddy Rodriguez
Dr. William Block
Dr. William Block
Played By: Josh Brolin
Dr. Dakota Block
Dr Dakota Block
Played By: Marley Shelton
- Adrenaline Makeover: By the end of the film, she's ditched the white coat and done-up hairstyle. Her makeup also fades over the course of the film.
- Bi the Way: She was planning to leave her husband for another woman, and seems to be attracted to Cherry.
- Broken Bird: Domestic abuse and losing a son will do that to you.
- Hospital Hottie: Lampshaded by Bill's friend Joe, who makes several remarks about Dakota... to her husband's face.
- Mama Bear: Although this doesn't last long.
- Took a Level in Badass: From a cringing Broken Bird to genuine badass.
Played By: Jeff Fahey
Played By: Michael Biehn
- Badass: He racks up an impressive body count, even after being shot in the neck.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He raised his brother's rent in an attempt to steal his recipe for barbecue sauce, but they genuinely love each other.
- The Sheriff: Of the unnamed town in the film.
Played By: Rebel Rodriguez
Played By: Bruce Willis
Played By: Michael Parks
- Badass: Despite generally being a Butt Monkey, Tolo does get a few kills, most prominently the zombie who bit off his finger, which gets three consecutive uppercut/gunshots.
- Butt Monkey: Gets his finger bitten off, accidentally shoots a hospital patient, accidentally shoots his boss (both of which earn him the title of "dumbass" from Hague), and then is torn apart by zombies. Poor bastard.
Played By: Stacy Ferguson