"Film is a truly magical medium. You can create illusions of reality, make people think they've seen things that they really haven't — like blowing a guy's head off with a shotgun."
Tom Savini is a special effects artist and an actor, known for his contributions the Horror
genre. He rose to prominence for his work in the original Dawn of the Dead
and Slasher Movies
like Friday the 13th
) and The Prowler
. He also directed the first remake of Night of the Living Dead
His special effects work includes:
His acting appearances include:
The man himself provides examples of:
- Advertised Extra:
- His role in The Ripper is limited to Ripper's onscreen appearances after his face is revealed, but that didn't stop anyone releasing the movie on VHS or DVD with giving Savini a top billing.
- Likewise, he gets top billing in Children of the Living Dead despite only appearing for the first ten minutes or so.
- As Himself: Voices himself in The Simpsons episode "Worst Episode Ever".
- Badass Grandpa: Despite the eighties being long gone, he is still sticks around the horror genre.
- Chronically Killed Actor: Characters played by him usually end up dead.
- Signature Style: Savini's effects work usually involves corpses that still twitch and move after their demise, especially after losing their heads.