Recap / The Simpsons S 12 E 11 Worst Episode Ever
The Comic Book Guy is forced to take a sabbatical from working at the Android Dungeon after suffering a heart attack during a Tom Savini
Q&A session, and reluctantly lets Bart and Milhouse (whom he banned earlier in the episode) run the store.
- Bowdlerization: Ralph's line when he originally walked into the "Adult" section of the comic book store was "She's hungry!", but the censors rejected it and it was replaced with "Everybody's hugging!"
- Blind Without 'Em: Milhouse takes off his glasses to fight, and immediately puts them back on.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The pictures on the "Banned for Life" wall are of Nelson, Sideshow Bob, and Matt Groening (though some viewers mistook the Groening caricature for George Lucas).
- Grail in the Garbage: What makes the Guy ban Bart and Milhouse is the fact that Martin's mom arrives with some memorabilia that Martin collected to sell... which includes such things as a handwritten alternate script of The Empire Strikes Back where Chewbacca is Luke's father, anti-jiggle breast tape Carrie Fisher had to wear when playing Princess Leia, and the like, the Guy then tries to swindle Martin's mom to sell all of it for five dollars (after having a fangasm) and Bart and Milhouse tell Martin's mom that it's priceless stuff (and she says "back to the leaky basement they go!" in response).
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Lenny attempts this on Comic Book Guy when the latter calls beer the nectar of the nitwit. The entire bottle shatters in his hands.
- Hollywood Heart Attack: What happens when Comic Book Guy's Rage Breaking Point is reached re: Bart and Milhouse's attempts to enter the store. As befits his character, he describes the symptoms of his attack in a fashion resembling old-school comic book narration.
- Hypocritical Humor: This exchange occurs when Comic Book Guy turns down beer:
Comic Book Guy: I'll pass! Beer is the nectar of the nitwit.
Lenny: Nobody badmouths Duff!
Lenny: Aw, piece of crap!
- May-December Romance: Comic Book Guy with Agnes Skinner.
- Nerds Speak Klingon: After he gets thrown out of Moes, Comic Book Guy ask himself "Is there a word in Klingon for loneliness?", looks in his pocket dictionary. "oh, yes. Garr'dock!".note
- Sinister Surveillance: The Comic Book Guy's video vault contains a number of secret videos, including surveillance footage from all over town and such things as real alien autopsies.
- Shout-Out: Biclops is a nerdy version of X-Men character Cyclops. A potential customer (Kearney the bully) asks if Biclops has a girlfriend named Lois Lame.
- Take That: In the original script and closed captioning, Bart orders Milhouse to mark down the South Park merchandise until someone actually buys it (in the actual episode, Bart tells Milhouse to put the Poochie merchandise on clearance and throw in some Super Girl comics).
- Ungrateful Bastard: Comic Book Guy to Bart and Milhouse for saving his life. Though he does cave in and allow them to run the store.