Recap: The Simpsons S 12 E 10 Pokey Mom
After visiting a prison rodeo, Marge volunteers to teach convicts how to be artists and befriends a prisoner Jack who has artistic potential, but is extremely manipulative. Meanwhile, Homer suffers a back injury, visits a chiropractor, and later uses a trash can to fix people's spines.
- Blatant Lies: Jack lies to Marge about not burning the mural. She believes him, but moments later he sets Skinner's car and Marge sees it. When Marge confronts him, he admits to having burnt the mural, but denies having set the car on fire.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Principal Skinner's scheduling of the school's lunch menu is an obvious jab at how network executives schedule TV shows.
- Downer Ending: For all of Marge's efforts to help reform Jack, he still goes back to prison after betraying her trust.
- Face Palm: Marge covers her face with her hand when she sees Jack setting Skinner's car on fire.
- Karma Houdini: Marge may have meant well, but she still lied about Jack's parole status to get him a job working around children. No comeuppance for her though, apart from being made to look like a fool for believing in Jack.
- Panthera Awesome: The original mural painting for the school team Puma's Pride is a warrior woman riding a puma.