Characters: ¡Mucha Lucha!
open/close all folders
The Main Trio
Rikochet is an ambitious student who wants to be the greatest luchador of all time
Voiced by: Kimberly Brooks
Of the three, Buena Girl is the most knowledgeable on The Code of Masked Wrestling
, which she uses as guidelines for the trio's actions and behavior.
The Flea is quite the opposite of Buena Girl. He avoids personal hygiene and usually has no problem with breaking the rules.
Voiced by: Michael Donovan
A wrestler whose mask is in the likeness of a lightbulb. He can execute electric attacks, but is also very clumsy.
A blonde genius who often conducts scientific experiments, which tend to backfire. She has a secret crush on Rikochet.
Potato Potata Jr.
Voiced by: Cusse Mankuma
Francisco of the Forest
El Haystack Grande
A masked sumo wrestler with high-tech gear.
A bull-like wrestler who has horns on his head. He is rich and spoiled, but gets along very well with the main trio.
Voiced by: Kimberly Brooks
A small, baby-like mascarita who is the least violent student in the school. His signature move is simply a friendly hug, and he can only say his own name
(and, in "Virtual Luchadores", "Rutabaga"
). His costume resembles a pea pod, with a zipper that he uses to hide himself when frightened.
A masked Flamenco dancer who communicates by clacking her castanets and tapping her feet.
This student looks and acts like a mime, and as such, is usually The Voiceless
Voiced by: Kimberly Brooks (Seasons 1 & 2), Candi Milo
A violent little mascarita who hates just about everything and gets angry very easily. Her signature move is to turn her hands into brick walls and crush her opponent.
An ice-themed wrestler dresses in a light blue hoodie and pants and white vest.
Pierre Del Fuego
A fire-themed wrestler.
A single-cell based wrestler who is talented at evaporation. Voiced by GUTSMAN! *da-na*
A student who wears a gas mask. He was introduced as a student in the bad guy class.
El Oscuro Invasor
Introduced as a student in the bad guy class, his costumes resembles that of Darth Vader
Tibor the Terrible
A mascarita in a pirate costume (or "a pirate in a boy suit", as Flea once described him), introduced as a student in the bad guy class. He wants to be a real pirate.
A student from the bad guy class, inspired by Japanese wrestler Jushin "Thunder" Liger
. He aims to be the monster warden of Little Tokyo, and takes lessons from his sensei, a pink bunny named Kyoto.
Voiced by: Kathleen Barr
A girl whose costume resembles a piñata. Aptly, when she is beaten in a match, candy falls around her.
Ensalada De Frutas
A masked wrestler whose costume is themed around fruit, with a pineapple for his mask.
El Loco Mosquito
A mosquito-like wrestler.
A wrestler whose moves are based off the Tic-Tac-Toe game.
Double Ninja Ninja
A ninja-based masked wrestler.
A red-haired girl whose theme is static electricity. She has the tendency to shock herself from combing her hair.
Timmy of a Thousand Masks
A kid who has the ability to wear the masks of other luchadores and impersonate them. In his first appearance, he used this ability to cause crimes that were then pinned on Snow Pea, Minotoro, Snr. Hasbeena, and Buena Girl. He was soon caught and expelled, but he came back for the Christmas Episode
The school's founder. He's revered as the one who defined lucha libre as a sport by defeating El Custodio, who wanted it to be a fad and make money off it. He wrote the masked wrestling code.
- Hammerspace: He somehow made the school appear from either his pockets or out of nowhere.
- Signature Move: The foundation. No, really. In fact, he defeated El Custodio by founding the school and smashing him with it.
The principal of the school of lucha libre that the Mascaritas attend. Headmistress is extremely strict and intolerant of any behavior that goes against the code of masked wrestling, often expelling students at the slightest infraction.
- Berserk Button: People going against the Code of Masked Wrestling
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Everyone calls her by her title.
- Large Ham
- My Brain Is Big: It looks like that but "Field of Screams" proves that she actually stuffs her hair in her mask.
- Not So Above It All: In "Buena On Wheels", she's against Roller Lucha, but eventually likes it following the main trio participating in it old-fashioned Lucha style.
- Tsundere: An extreme non-romantic version
A teacher who has lots of nostalgia for the 1970s. He used to be a professional wrestler named Señor Couldbea, but lost his World Championship title in the 70s and never won it again, an incident that continues to haunt him for years.
The physical education teacher who organizes lucha libre matches between students and acts as the referee. His name is derived from the professional wrestling term "midcarder", which refers to a wrestler who performs between the undercard and the main event.
Family members, pets, and paraphernalia
Lonestar and Mama Maniaca
Abuelito / Estrella de Fuego ("Star of Fire")
Rikochet's dog who wears a mask
Buena Mom and Buena Dad
Buena Girl's excessively cheery parents.
Mr. and Mrs. Flea
The Flea's parents who run Slammin' Donuts.
The Flea's baby sister.
Primadonna Hodges, Carlton Cold Jones, and Heavy Traffic
Three bullies from Hairy Knuckles Academy, a rival wrestling school. They appeared to be based on American professional wrestlers, who are generally larger than Mexican luchadores.
The Masked Toilet
- Big Bad: Of The Movie.
- Casting a Shadow: Has a lot of darkness based powers.
- Large Ham: He's voiced by Tim Curry, this is a given.
- Playing with Fire
- One-Winged Angel: After he's beaten in the first fight, he transforms into a towering giant to continue the fight.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Was imprisoned in the core of the Earth for 100,000 years. He used Flea to trick Rikochet into freeing him by reading a passage from the Code of Masked Wrestling backwards. At the end, he's defeated and sealed back up again.
- When the Planets Align: Can only be set free when this happens. If he's not put back by the time they come out of alignment, he becomes unstoppable.