open/close all folders
The Main Trio
Rikochetwho wants to be the greatest luchador of all time.
- Bouncing Battler: When he uses his "Pulverizing Pinball" move.
- Catch Phrase: "Ay, basura!"note
- Everything's Better with Spinning: His "Spinning Top" move.
- The Kirk: He's the leader of his trio of junior luchadors.
- Signature Move: The "Pulverizing Pinball", in which he turns into a giant pinball following a brief and melodramatic routine, and the "Spinning Top" in which he transforms into a giant top.
- To Be a Master: He wants to be a veteran luchador like his dad.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: His costume invokes either the American or Texas flag (Maybe both?). It may or may not be a straight example, though, since the location of the show isn't specified.
Voiced by: Kimberly BrooksOf the three, Buena Girl is the most knowledgeable on The Code of Masked Wrestling, which she uses as guidelines for the trio's actions and behavior.
- Braces of Orthodontic Overkill: In "Tooth or Dare".
- Butt Monkey: She suffers quite a bit of bad luck in the first season.
- Catch Phrase: "It's not rightbuena!"
- Expy: Of Hermione Granger.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: In "Not So Buena Girl".
- Leotard of Power: Her costume seems to be this, though in one episode it was shown that it's actually a two piece costume with skin colored leggings,
- Signature Move: The "Buena Bulldozer Of Truth", where she transforms into a bulldozer.
- The Spock: She serves as the wisest of the trio and the entire luchador academy.
Voiced by: Candi MiloThe Flea is quite the opposite of Buena Girl. He avoids personal hygiene and usually has no problem with breaking the rules.
- Accidental Murder: It's shown in a flashback that he ate the previous Luchador Supreme thinking it's a type of hotdog.
- Arch-Enemy: The Masked Toilet
- Big Eater: Oh HELL yes.
- Extreme Omnivore: He will sometimes eat garbage out of the can. Whether or not the items in the can are actually thrown-out food doesn't matter to him either.
- Gasshole: And how! Farts more than else one almost constantly belches at times too.
- Ow, My Body Part!: "Aye, the Flea's spleen!"
- Also: "The Flea cannot feel his ___! Oh wait, here it is, right next to the Flea."
- The Pig Pen: His entire family is this.
- Signature Move: His trademark signature move is never seen during the show, but it was hinted (as well as shown in the opening sequence) that he turns into a green cloud of stench so potent that he could smash certain objects.
Voiced by: Michael DonovanA wrestler whose mask is in the likeness of a lightbulb. He can execute electric attacks, but is also very clumsy.
- Simpleton Voice: In the later half of the show's run.
Voiced by: Tabitha St. GermainA blonde genius who often conducts scientific experiments, which tend to backfire. She has a secret crush on Rikochet.
- Butt Monkey: In the entire run of the show, she loses practically every match she participates in.
- Dumb Blonde: Inverted very hard. Her signature move is even called "Brain Buster".
Potato Potata Jr.
Voiced by: Cusse Mankuma
- The Bully: His first appearance has him as the school bully Ricochet must defeat. Other appearances tone down his jerkassery.
- Graceful Loser: When he and Ricochet compete in a tournament in Getting Ahead, Ricochet wins on accident and is sad that his prize is a lot of Doughnuts rather than the 2nd place prize of a mask he really wanted. Jr. finds him after the match and happily offers to trade, as he wanted the doughnuts and Ricochet wanted the mask.
Francisco of the Forest
Voiced by: Scott McNeil
El Haystack Grande
Voiced by: Gary Chalk
Voiced by: Brian DrummondA masked sumo wrestler with high-tech gear.
Voiced by: Scott McNeilA bull-like wrestler who has horns on his head. He is rich and spoiled, but gets along very well with the main trio.
Voiced by: Kimberly BrooksA small, baby-like mascarita who is the least violent student in the school. His signature move is simply a friendly hug, and he can only say his own name (and, in "Virtual Luchadores", "Rutabaga"). His costume resembles a pea pod, with a zipper that he uses to hide himself when frightened.
La FlamencitaA masked Flamenco dancer who communicates by clacking her castanets and tapping her feet.
- Dance Battler: Very obviously.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Being a Flamenco dancer, she wears a frilly red flamenco dress and Combat Stilettos.
French TwistThis student looks and acts like a mime, and as such, is usually The Voiceless.
- Motor Mouth: What he turns into in "French Twisted".
- Suddenly Voiced: By Jess Harnell in "French Twisted".
Voiced by: Kimberly Brooks (Seasons 1 & 2), Candi Milo (Season 3)A violent little mascarita who hates just about everything and gets angry very easily. Her signature move is to turn her hands into brick walls and crush her opponent.
Zero KelvinAn ice-themed wrestler dresses in a light blue hoodie and pants and white vest.
Pierre Del FuegoA fire-themed wrestler.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Zero Kelvin.
Voiced by: Gary ChalkA single-cell based wrestler who is talented at evaporation. Voiced by GUTSMAN! *da-na*
Private ReinhardtA student who wears a gas mask. He was introduced as a student in the bad guy class.
El Oscuro InvasorIntroduced as a student in the bad guy class, his costumes resembles that of Darth Vader.
Tibor the Terrible
"He called me a pirate! Plundering, scavenging, downloading MP3s!"A mascarita in a pirate costume (or "a pirate in a boy suit", as Flea once described him), introduced as a student in the bad guy class. He wants to be a real pirate.
El GundamoA student from the bad guy class, inspired by Japanese wrestler Jushin "Thunder" Liger. He aims to be the monster warden of Little Tokyo, and takes lessons from his sensei, a pink bunny named Kyoto.
- Art Evolution: A minor one. In his first appearance, his eyes were black, which fits the bad guy motif.
- Mook: In the Game Boy Advance game.
Voiced by: Kathleen BarrA girl whose costume resembles a piñata. Aptly, when she is beaten in a match, candy falls around her.
Ensalada De FrutasA masked wrestler whose costume is themed around fruit, with a pineapple for his mask.
El Loco Mosquito
Voiced by: Lee TockarA mosquito-like wrestler.
Tic-Tac-ToeA wrestler whose moves are based off the Tic-Tac-Toe game.
Double Ninja NinjaA ninja-based masked wrestler.
- Doppelgänger Attack: His signature move.
ElectricityA red-haired girl whose theme is static electricity. She has the tendency to shock herself from combing her hair.
Timmy of a Thousand MasksA kid who has the ability to wear the masks of other luchadores and impersonate them. In his first appearance, he used this ability to cause crimes that were then pinned on Snow Pea, Minotoro, Snr. Hasbeena, and Buena Girl. He was soon caught and expelled, but he came back for the Christmas Episode.
The FounderThe school's founder. He's revered as the one who defined lucha libre as a sport by defeating El Custodio, who wanted it to be a fad and make money off it. He wrote the masked wrestling code.
- Hammerspace: He somehow made the school appear from either his pockets or out of nowhere.
- Signature Move: The foundation. No, really. In fact, he defeated El Custodio by founding the school and smashing him with it.
Voiced by: Candi MiloThe principal of the school of lucha libre that the Mascaritas attend. Headmistress is extremely strict and intolerant of any behavior that goes against the code of masked wrestling, often expelling students at the slightest infraction.
- Berserk Button: People going against the Code of Masked Wrestling
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Everyone calls her by her title.
- My Brain Is Big: It looks like that but "Field of Screams" proves that she actually stuffs her hair in her mask.
- Not So Above It All: In "Buena On Wheels", she's against Roller Lucha, but eventually likes it following the main trio participating in it old-fashioned Lucha style.
- Tsundere: An extreme non-romantic version
Señor HasbeenaA teacher who has lots of nostalgia for the 1970s. He used to be a professional wrestler named Señor Couldbea, but lost his World Championship title in the 70s and never won it again, an incident that continues to haunt him for years.
Mr. MidcardaThe physical education teacher who organizes lucha libre matches between students and acts as the referee. His name is derived from the professional wrestling term "midcarder", which refers to a wrestler who performs between the undercard and the main event.
Family members, pets, and paraphernalia
Lonestar and Mama Maniaca
- Action Mom: Mama Maniaca
- Disappeared Dad: Lonestar travels a lot. But we do see him occasionally when he sees his family.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Lone Star, like his son. Again, whether or not it's a straight example is ambiguous.
Abuelito / Estrella de Fuego ("Star of Fire")
Masked DogRikochet's dog who wears a mask.
- Phrase Catcher: "He's cool".
- Catch Phrase: "IT'S A DISGRACE!"
Buena Mom and Buena DadBuena Girl's excessively cheery parents.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Buena Mom.
Mr. and Mrs. FleaThe Flea's parents who run Slammin' Donuts.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Their dancing embarrasses the Flea in the opening intro.
- Beehive Hairdo: Mrs. Flea.
PulgitaThe Flea's baby sister.
Primadonna Hodges, Carlton Cold Jones, and Heavy TrafficThree bullies from Hairy Knuckles Academy, a rival wrestling school. They appeared to be based on American professional wrestlers, who are generally larger than Mexican luchadores.
- Heel–Face Turn: Heavy Traffic in one episode, becoming an England-themed luchador named "Union Jack". Went back to being Heavy Traffic at the end of the episode.
- Mooks: In the Game Boy Advance game.
The Masked Toilet
- Death Glare:Calavera: I don't wanna leave, ever.
Calavera: (flaming eyes) EVER!
- Meaningful Name: "Calavera" means "skull" in Spanish.
- Big Bad: Of The Movie.
- Casting a Shadow: Has a lot of darkness based powers.
- Large Ham: He's voiced by Tim Curry, this is a given.
- One-Winged Angel: After he's beaten in the first fight, he transforms into a towering giant to continue the fight.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Was imprisoned in the core of the Earth for 100,000 years. He used Flea to trick Rikochet into freeing him by reading a passage from the Code of Masked Wrestling backwards. At the end, he's defeated and sealed back up again.
- When the Planets Align: Can only be set free when this happens. If he's not put back by the time they come out of alignment, he becomes unstoppable.