Characters: The Most Popular Girls in School
open/close all folders
The Overland Park Cheer Squad
The Squad In General
- Dwindling Party: See below.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The team has been cut in half by Season 3. Ashley Katchadourian quit because she was The Chew Toy, Jenna Darabond quit because of her evil schemes, and Jenna Dapananian finally quit because she was tired of being Locked Out of the Loop.
- It happens again in season 4. Brittnay quits because of Mackenzie blowing up her car, Saison quits because she wants to help Brittnay, and Shay quits from a mixture of annoyance at all the work she has to do and wanting nothing to do with Brittnay's psychotic rampage. This leaves Mackenzie as head cheerleader again, but with a squad containing her and the two Trishas.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: More in season two, though originally Trisha seemed to be the only one who was genuinely friends with Mackenzie and Brittnay.
"Who the fuck are you?"Head cheerleader, homecoming queen, part-time model. Current head cheerleader of the Overland Park Cheer Squad, Mackenzie is the definition of Alpha Bitch. Her actions early on in the series start the Cheerleader-Van Buren war.
- Alpha Bitch: Interestingly, she was formerly Beta Bitch to Shay Van Buren.
- Big Sister Instinct: She does seem to have a decent amount of concern when Mikayla threatens to tell everyone at their school that her little sister has cooties.
- Cassandra Truth: None of the adults believe Jenna Darabond is capable of destroying public property so Mackenzie's statements regarding her actions tend to fall on deaf ears.
- Catch Phrase: "Mackenzie Zales. Head cheerleader, homecoming queen, part time model."
- The Cheerleader
- The Chessmaster: Orchestrated the entire parent-teacher conference by blowing up Brittnay's car, knowing Brittnay would punch Jenna in the face. She also called Jenna's dad and Cameron for the parent-teacher so they would have an affair, causing him to resign from office. Finally, she recorded Jenna admitting to burning down the Atchison mall and gave it to the police as proof so Jenna could be arrested for arson. Goddayum!
- Even A Bitch Has Standards: She is visibly horrified learning that Jenna Darabond burned down the Atchison Cheer Squad's mall.
- Freudian Excuse: She's a bitch, to be sure, but with a mother like hers, would you be the most pleasant person in the world?
- Heroic Heelization Speech: At prom, she and Shay realize they actually should be working on maintaining friendships and being kind, before rejecting the idea and deciding that they now have a common goal of destroying Rachel Tice.
- I Did What I Had to Do: She gives this reasoning to Brittnay when she explains that she blew up Brittnay's car.
- I Gave My Word: Back in the 3rd Grade, Mackenzie promised Brittnay that so long as they were friends she wouldn't get screwed over, and now Brittnay is justifying her rampage because Mackenzie went back on it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The heart of gold is hidden under nine layers of bitch, of course, but she seems to care about her team (in her own way), and genuinely loves and is protective of her sister... a bit like Shay, really.
- Klingon Promotion: She got to be head cheerleader only because Shay was hit by a hacky sack and rendered incapacitated at the day of the auditions. Granted, she didn't kill Shay, so it's not a strict example of this trope.
- My God, What Have I Done?: In the season 4 opener, Mackenzie has this reaction when she realizes Brittnay is the one who destroyed the lockers and is going to do a lot more worse. It seems that by destroying Brittnay's car, Mackenzie went back on the promise she made in the 3rd Grade that Brittnay wouldn't be screwed over if they were friends.
- Only Sane Man: Subverted around Brittnay and Trisha. We've seen Mackenzie do (and say) some stupid things but she's obviously the smart one in the group. She also tries to keep her mom's swearing down for the sake of her little sister and truly recognizes Jenna Darabond is a monster who is far beyond Shay Van Buren and Tanya Berkowitz as humanly possible.
- Revenge Before Reason: She just loves revenge way too much.
- Serious Business: Being prom queen and controlling the girls bathroom.
- Sitcom Arch Enemy: To Shay Van Buren.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Smug Snake: She loves rubbing it into Brittnay's face that she's only "co-head vice captain of the cheer squad."
- Verbal Tic: She tends to start sentences in a ridiculously high pitched voice before lowering it.
- Villainous Breakdown: When she has to wait for the prom queen announcement.
- Villain Protagonist
"I swear to God, if this blows up in your face, you had better believe that I will take this megaphone and shove it up your ass."The co-head vice captain of the cheer squad with some anger issues.
- Action Girl: Capable of violence against anyone and anything.
- Backstabbing the Alpha Bitch: Season 4's main plot seems to be Brittnay doing this to Mackenzie. After 8 years, she's had enough of her.
- Berserk Button: Saison in general, but especially her Verbal Tic of "How do you say...?""Really? Did you really just ask how to say 'menage a trois'? IT'S A FUCKING FRENCH WORD, YOU LITTLE BITCH."
- Beta Bitch
- Blondes Are Bitches
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: If her brief conversation with her mom is anything to go by.
- Daddy's Girl: Implied during a phone call with her Mom in Episode 25.
- Deuteragonist: In the first season, she shares this role with Shay, but since then, she's been the second most prominent character.
- Dumb Blonde: A tad.
- Enfant Terrible: When she was a little kid.
- Ethical Slut: She gives out hand jobs and anal sex, but she's saving her "vag-inity" for someone special.
- Exact Words: Technically fits the description of virginity.
- Fag Hag: Seems to be becoming one for Tristan.
- Fangirl: For Glee.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Like you read about.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The heart of gold is deep under her bitchy temper. Is good friends with Trisha and Tristan.
- Lady Swears A Lot: Even more than everybody else.
- Never Live It Down: In-universe. Second-rate hand jobs.
- Rachel Tice eating a roly-poly in the "goddamn third grade". She's always one to mention it directly at her face.
- One Woman Army: In episode 67, she outfights and kills an entire squad of mercenary cheerleaders.
- Prank Call: Does one in "Judy & Red in the Morning" under the name of "Witney Matthews" along with a fake calm-sounding voice, until cussing them out shortly afterwards and abruptly hangs up.
- Really Gets Around: So much so that when Trisha learns someone is pregnant, she immediately assumes it's Brittnay. Mackenzie also makes that conclusion.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Pulls this on the possibility of having her own TV show... under the condition that she couldn't curse or make references to sex.
- Serious Business: Gossip Girl is not better than Glee!
- Sitcom Arch Enemy: To Cameron Van Buren and Saison Marguerite.
- Smug Snake
- The Starscream: Though this has been downplayed.
- Technical Virgin: She's saving herself for the right man... by only giving (second-rate) handjobs and having anal sex.
- Unstoppable Rage: Opening Season 4.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: If you take note throughout the series, you'll discover Brittnay is very squeamish, throwing up and gagging the most times out of any character.
- What the Hell, Hero?: She is legitimately distressed that Mackenzie blew up her car and manipulated her into punching Jenna Darabond. And it seems Brittnay is planning her own revenge on Mackenzie come season 4.
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT THESE ARE, ASHLEY KATCHADOURIAN? THESE ARE A LITTLE GIRLS ARMS. A LITTLE GIRL WITH DREAMS, WITH LEGS. WITH A HEAD."The nicest member of the Cheer Squad, something of a ditz, and NOT someone to underestimate.
- Ambiguously Brown: She's a bit darker skinned than some people. Coincidentally, this is also justified as she has an Italian surname, making her somewhat ethnic.
- Arch-Enemy: At this point, Ashley Katchadourian. Ashley seems to be the only person whom Trisha can be naturally and intentionally nasty towards on a regular basis.
- Audience Surrogate: In episode 31, she's the one to Lampshade how everything that's happened in the show so far is finally making sense.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She can be kind of bitchy if she's up to it.
- Breakout Character: She received her own spin-off, "The Trisha Show," with Atchison's Trisha as co-host.
- Characterization Marches On: She's a lot bitchier than normal in the first episode, with no real reason behind it, unlike later episodes where she bitches out Ashley Katchadourian, who pretty much deserves it. Except no.
- Crossdressing Voices: Obviously.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Implied to be the case with Matthew Derringer. Her mom, however, seems to like Matthew just fine.
- The Ditz
- Dumb Is Good: Nicest girl among the cast, with the exception of Amberlynn.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted most of the time, played straight when she really gets mad.
- Friendly Enemy: She's made friends with Mikayla Van Buren and the Atchison cheer squad's Trisha, and no one really has a problem with this.
- Genius Ditz: She's not very book smart and misunderstands sarcasm, but when it comes to Cheer Squad regulations she's really on the ball.
- As of Episode 63, it's also revealed that she knows a thing or two about cameras.
- Girl Posse
- Karmic Protection: She's being spared by Brittnay because Brittnay considers her a true friend as Trisha has never done anything to hurt her.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch
- Morality Pet: To Brittnay and Mikayla.
- My God, What Have I Done?: To discovering Ashley Katchadourian was not in charge of the door.
- Of course, Trisha's only form of apologizing was saying "No hard feelings" when she saw Ashley for the first time after prom. In episode 31 she really has this moment when she learns about Jenna Darabond's evil plan and awkwardly motions to Ashley.
- Nice Girl: The only time she ever does anything truly mean-spirited is when she attacks Ashley on prom night.
- Not So Harmless
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: In a sense. She apparently is in charge of all formal paperwork for the Cheer Squad.
- Odd Friendship: Seems to have formed one with Mikayla Van Buren.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Whenever she slips out of her usual laid back tone, prepare for some shit to go down.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Makes frequent references to movies whenever she's verbally destroying someone. Ben Affleck, anyone?
- Serious Business: She's "the cheer squad scheduling council" and she takes this job very seriously.
- Schedule Fanatic: Normally, Trisha's a bit of The Ditz, but when it comes to the cheer squad's schedule, she's incredibly thorough and competent.
- Skewed Priorities
- Token Good Teammate: Kind to others and keen on maintaining friendships. Also took Deandra's loss of arms rather personally.
Woah, she sounds like HBO.Atchison's resident ditz and bureaucrat.
- Ambiguously Brown
- The Ditz
- Dumb Is Good
- Dumbass Has a Point: In episode 67, she points out that Brittnay won't give up the videotape without a fight and remarks that sending The Expendables after her was a really dumb move. Her insight leads Mackenzie to realize that there's a good chance of Brittnay getting hurt if The Expendables confronted her. Mackenzie even says that Trisha isn't as dumb as she seems... before Trisha gets high on smelly markers.
- Evil Counterpart: For a small measure of evil. She's not bad, but she is on the opposing cheer squad. She's louder than the Overland Park Trisha and may even be dumber. Compare the number of times her teammates tell her to stop to the number of times Overland Park Trisha is told to stop.
- Friendly Enemy: With Overland Park Trisha! In fact, they're quite a ball when they're together.
- To that end, when the Overland Park squad wins the Cheer Nationals, Trisha chooses to chew out Ashley Katchadourian instead of Atchison's Trisha.
- Heel-Face Turn
- Karmic Protection: She never really does anything truly malicious beyond what Tanya wants her to do, and the other half of her screen time is her bonding with Overland Park's Trisha. So when Atchison loses Cheer Nationals, Trisha Cappaletti decides to rant against Ashley Katchadourian while Atchison's Trisha stands on the side.
- Subverted in the episode 59. Brittnay does spray paint her locker, but it's a lengthy message saying that, while she doesn't really know Trisha that well to call her "whore" or "bitch," she's still a little annoying so she's on thin ice.
- Name's the Same: With the Overland Park Trisha. Which lead to an exchange where they had a back-and-forth of asking each other's name.
- Sixth Ranger: On the Overland Park Squad. She is literally the sixth member since she was the last person to be asked to join after Saison and Shay.
- Token Good Teammate: When she was a member of the Atchison Cheersquad.
The Van Burens
- Rich Bitch: All the Van Buren women apparently. The third season reveals they're loaded.
- Small Name, Big Ego: The Van Burens consider themselves to be a dynasty of "high school socialites," and Cameron often brags about how she jet-sets from one county to the next.
Shay Van Buren
"Mikayla, I'm six feet tall and I weigh a hundred and five pounds. I think I know how to mix Ex-Lax into a drink."The only member of her family not to make Head Cheer Captain, center of the other side of Overland Park's popular girls, and not a "fucking liar."
- Alpha Bitch
- Bad Boss: Averted. Upon being named the new head of the Cheer Squad, Shay's first decisions including hiring a professional to teach the squad how to truly be popular and has commissioned a gorgeous new set of uniforms. Although it seems beyond that, even if she has the title of head cheerleader, Mackenzie is still calling the shots.
- Berserk Button: Being called a "fucking liar," which sets off the whole series.
- Blondes Are Bitches
- Crossdressing Voices
- Deadpan Snarker
- Demoted to Extra: The Van Buren sisters are pretty much put aside for most of the second season to focus on the feud between the cheer squads.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Gay Van Buren.
- Fallen Princess: While popular in her own right, she was originally going to be the cheer captain. Being incapacitated by a hacky sack to the head changed that.
- And now she managed to get cheer captain back from Mackenzie, who asks her to join the squad because they couldn't get anyone else and they are losing their popular status to Jenna Darabond's hipsters. Shay demanded that the only way she would join the squad was if she could be captain, and Mackenzie was so desperate she finally conceded.
- Freudian Excuse: Similar to Mackenzie above. With a mother and older sister like hers, would you be the most pleasant person in the world?
- Girlish Pigtails
- Heroic Heelization Speech: At prom, she and Mackenzie realize they actually should be working on maintaining friendships and being kind, before rejecting the idea and deciding that they now have a common goal of destroying Rachel Tice.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She might be a giant bitch but she also seems to truly consider herself friends with Deandra and Saison.
- Lean and Mean: She weighs 105 pounds (see above quote).
- Middle Child Syndrome
- My Greatest Failure: Not being cheer captain. She overcomes this when she finally becomes cheerleader captain.
- Old Shame: Don't bring up her shaven head in third grade.
- Only Sane Man: The only one in her family with any common sense, though Mikayla is a close second. She's also slowly evolved into this for the show as a whole. If Matthew Derringer or Tanner aren't available, chances are Shay will play the voice of reason in a situation.
- Revenge Before Reason
- Sitcom Arch Enemy: To Mackenzie.
Cameron Van Buren
"Um, Witchita State is great. I'm in like, a shit ton of sororities, and I have a twenty-nine year old boyfriend. Suck itttt!"The most popular girl in the history of the Blue Valley School District, and she knows it.
- Alpha Bitch: She's regarded as the most popular girl in the history of the Blue Valley School District, even though she graduated and is now at Wichita State University.
- Big Sister Instinct: She immediately got involved the moment she heard Shay was being called "a fucking liar." Which was mere seconds after Shay herself heard it.
- Blondes Are Bitches
- Crossdressing Voices
- Deadpan Snarker
- Foil: To Rachel Tice's older sister.
- Gender-Blender Name: Cameron Van Buren. Brittany even lampshades it in the episode 13 when she insinuates that Cameron has testicles, to which Cameron angrily replies "that was a rumor!"
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Cameron is by no means a "good girl" and as for getting an abortion? She's getting an entire wing of an abortion clinic named after her.
- It's pretty much stated the reason Cameron has so many abortions is because she "forgets" to take her morning after pills when her boyfriends threaten to leave her.
- Offscreen Teleportation: She somehow managed to make it to Overland Park High from Wichita State in mere seconds after hearing that Mackenzie called Shay "a fucking liar."
- Really Gets Around
- Running Gag: Her new boyfriends always get older and older.
- Sitcom Arch Enemy: While Shay has it out for Mackenzie, Cameron has set her sights on taking Brittnay Matthews down.
- Unwitting Pawn: Mackenzie used her to break up Jenna Darabond's family by sleeping with Jenna's senator father via getting the two to meet.
Mikayla Van Buren
I was born in 2003. I have no idea what a gremlin is.Cameron and Shay's little sister and the most popular girl at Meadowlane Elementary School. Denies she has lice even though she infected the entire 3rd grade.
- Alpha Bitch
- Annoying Younger Sibling
- Blondes Are Bitches
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Enfante Terrible: Threatens to push Mackenzie's little sister down a flight of stairs.
- Friendly Enemy: With Trisha. She also gets along with Brooklyn Katchadourian quiet well.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Trisha.
- Kids Are Cruel: She threatened to kill Mackenzie's little sister if she didn't apologize to Shay.
- Odd Friendship: With Trisha.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Same as her sister Cameron.
- Pet the Dog: Gives Trisha a nice book to read. By Dr. Seuss. Hell, her friendship with Trisha in general.
- Running Gag: That she's a gremlin of some sort.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior
- Typhoid Mary: Her lice were so bad she infected the entire 3rd grade and had to be sent home.
Jayna Van Buren
Girls, girls! You're all treasures. Lovely accidental treasures. Mistakes, but treasures.The mother of the Van Buren girls and an expert on using laxatives to poison people. Currently pregnant with a fourth child and is a heavy alcoholic and pill addict. It turns out she's not pregnant. She's just really fat.
- Anti-Role Model
- Catchphrase: "Ha-cha-cha."
- Crossdressing Voices
- Harmful to Minors: She more than encourages her children actively carrying out threats of bodily harm against each other.
- Lady Drunk
- Longest Pregnancy Ever: She thinks she's been pregnant (currently) for two or three years, and believes she carried Mikayla for 16 months.
- Old Master: In regards to sabotaging cheerleaders for the sake of popularity and petty vengeance.
- Parental Neglect
- Portmanteau: She has a habit of speaking like this.
The Football Team
- Lovable Jock: All of them. Some are smarter than others, but there's not one Jerk Jock among them.
- True Companions: Out of all the friendships on the show, theirs is easily the loyalest, closest and happiest.
Was that the goddamn baby?!Trisha Cappelletti's boyfriend.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy
- Matthew Derringer!: When he unleashes the fury of his Ryan Cabrera promotional hackysack.
- Nice Guy
- Only Sane Man: Along with Tanner.
- Team Dad: Of the football team, if his interactions with the soon to be father Blaine and the Daddy Issues-rifed Justin are anything to go by. In one of the Extra Credits, there's even a line saying he agreed to be Blaine's child's godfather.
- Token Black
- Vocal Dissonance: He had a deep voice even as a kid, which he ironically couldn't have since he doesn't have the sex organs to produce the testosterone to make it that deep.
Oh Blaine you beautiful idiotThe quarterback of the football team.
Tanner: Blaine, serious talk right now. Having a child is a huge responsibly.
Justin: Yeah, unless of course you move to Pittsburgh with your receptionist on your son's fourth birthday!Ashley Katchadourian's boyfriend.
- Daddy Issues: Just see the above quote.
- Flat Character: Only because out of the football team, he has the least amount of screentime and not much depth in characterization in spite of daddy issues and being a compulsive cheater.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: He quits the football team and becomes a hipster on Jenna Darabond's orders, but after a discussion on it with Matthew Derringer, it's clear Justin still considers the guys his friends. Much later, he rejoins the team after breaking up with Jenna and helps them win the championship.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He breaks up with Jenna Darabond because he's tired of her hypocritical notions of loving Justin but never spending time with him unless he's doing something for her, and calls her out on being a manipulative and psychotic bitch.
- Your Cheating Heart: Thought nothing of Brittnay randomly making out with him, received a blowjob from Rachel in exchange for voting her Prom Queen, and according to Shay and Deandra, may have/had a fling with Mackenzie. All of this has happened while dating Ashley. The third season also reveals that he once made out with Mackenzie right in front of Jenna Darabond, which was Jenna's Rage Breaking Point. He is currently now with Jenna Darabond, but breaks up with her at the end of the third season.
Oh, nine months?! That's like two years!Britney's ex-boyfriend and Saison's boyfriend.
- Bastard Boyfriend: Averted of all accounts even when he had the pleasure of having his way with Saison unprotected and predictably, getting her pregnant.
- Comically Missing the Point: He was once planning to tell his coach that he'll be stepping out of the football team because Saison is pregnant. He still got nine months back then.
- The Ditz
- Doting Parent: Even before his "son"-actually daughter-is born.
- Dumb Blond
- Dumb Is Good
- Dumb Jock: Wow, that's like, three "Dumbs" in a row.
- Simpleton Voice
Deandra, the New Girl
- Ambiguously Jerkass: Aligns herself with both rivaling parties, but likely unintentionally, not with true malice intended.
- She later aligns herself with the Overland Park cheerleaders against Atchison when they have a common enemy, Tanya Berkowitz.
- An Arm and a Leg: She has her arms ripped off by the Cheerleaders and the Van Burens.
- Artificial Limb: She gets prosthetics in episode 14, one regular and one robotic.
- Berserk Button: Lying to her about food and talking about the Atchison Cheer Squad.
- Big Damn Heroes: She shows up at Cheer Nationals to help the Overland Park squad beat Atchison after Ashley betrays them, simply because she's tired of Tanya Berkowitz.
- Big Eater: She chomps away a 57$ lunch.
- As Episode 17 shows, do not get between her and her dinner.
- Brutal Honesty
- Calling Your Bathroom Breaks: Without a hint of shame, at that.
- The Cheerleader: Or at least she used to be.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Though unintentionally.
- Crossdressing Voices
- Dark Secret: Apparently, something happened between Deandra and the Atchison High Cheer Squad that she does not want to talk about. It turns out she used to be the head of the Atchison Cheer Squad before a mixture of a pastrami quesedilla, chili dogs, Code Red Mountain Dew, and unpopped pop rocks caused her to defecate over her squad and everything in a thirty foot radius while doing a pyramid. Deandra blames Tanya Berkowitz for it since she gave her the Pop Rocks in the first place, wondering what kind of person just happens to carry Pop Rocks with them.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Disability SuperpowerDeandra: Things are fucking awesome for me. I just won the hundred metres in the Special Olympics, I lost like ..Trisha: Oh my god, what is your secret?Deandra: I had my arms ripped off.
- False Friend: To everyone.
- Food as Bribe: A victim to this trope.
- Freudian Excuse: Her determination to find a comfortable place to poop in stems from the horrific incident where she had a bout of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and crapped all over her squad during a pyramid demonstration back at Atchison.
- Genre Savvy: A little late at this point, but now she recognizes that getting involved any further with the Cheer Squad would not be a good idea and stays out of their affairs.
- Hidden Depths: She's a registered midwife.
- Her Name Really is Thenewgirl: At prom, she is literally announced as "Deandra Thenewgirl".
- Hyperactive Metabolism: She eats enough to feed a family in the meals she mentions, but still wears a size zero dress.
- The Lad-ette
- Laser-Guided Karma: Getting her arms ripped off, if you see her as a bitch.
- Also, having her singing career go down the drain when she lets the mistreated Judith and Rachel leave the band. Deandra had let the stardom go way to her head...
- Limited Wardrobe: She always wears the same dress. At prom...Shay: Can I just say, um, I love your dress.Deandra: It's the exact same dress I've been wearing every day at school.
- Made of Plasticine: Let's face it, the worst thing that could happen to someone when their arms are being tugged by a bunch of people on each side, is the shoulder bones to be dislocated. Instead, she gets her fucking arms ripped off.
- Nobody Poops: She's the living personification of this trope averted, because half of her screentime is about her pooping, going to poop somewhere, or wanting to poop somewhere.
- Not So Above It All: About the importance of prom.
- Only One Name
- Pet the Dog: She earnestly tried to get Atchison to stop antagonizing the Overland Park cheer squad by pointing out what happened to her, but later decided to help the Overland Park squad because she was tired of Tanya pushing her around.
- The Pollyanna: Despite being quite snarky, she still manages to stay positive and find a bright side of everything from losing her popularity, to transferring schools, to having her arms ripped off. Basically, as far as she's concerned, if she has access to food, there's a bright side.
- Punch Clock Villain: Is the first to ask if the girls talk about anything besides revenge.
- Sixth Ranger: When she joins the Overland Park squad during Cheer Nationals. She later joins the football team in the third season because of her robot arm.
- The Smurfette Principle: The only girl on the Overland Park football team.
- Speech Impediment: Has a lisp and a slight case of Elmuh Fudd Syndwome.
- Tom Boy: Compared to most of the girls in the series.
- True Neutral: She is a member of the cheerleaders and the Van Burens because she does not actually care about anything and just gets caught up in everyone's schemes.
- In season three, she refuses to join the cheer squad, citing that she's well aware at this point of how the squad keeps getting involved in stupid squabbles and she wants no part in it.
Jonathan "Than" Getslinhaumer
Hey! That's not my name!An Overland Park student who has a habit for spouting out arrogant statements and gay innuendos, much to the disgust and frustration of the football team.
- Abusive Parents: Implied when Brittnay punched Than in the stomach, which prompts him to say that it reminded him of his mother.
- Ambiguously Bi/Ambiguously Gay: Than was this for much of the first two seasons: he watches the football team take showers all the time apparently, but he still agrees to go to the prom with Shay and have sex with Brittnay. The end of season 2 made it clear he was actually gay, when he came out of the closet. Then Double Subverted when he said he pretended to be gay so Tanner could like him (in a one-sided way). Of course, this leaves many of the guys still in doubt.
- In season 3, he tries to enforce the former trope after discovering that bisexuality is a thing.
- Butt Monkey
- Coming-Out Story: Parodied.
- Depraved Homosexual: The first thing he does when he came out: going to the boys' locker room and making out with Tanner. Even before that, he loved sexually-harassing the football team every chance he could.
- Do Not Call Me Jonathan: Jonathan, or rather, Than.
- The Mole: Was this for Jenna Darabond's hipsters after joining the Football Team, but decided having the guys actually like him was more important and went back on Jenna's plans during the championship.
- The Scrappy: In-universe, Than is this to most of Overland Park. The Football Team completely hates him and wishes he would go away, Brittnay only starts dating him because they both hate the Football Team and Than is more than willing to engage in anal sex, and the fact that he took Shay Van Buren to prom is more of a sign of how far she fell after the "Gay Van Buren" escapade. The only one who really treats him with any civility is Tristan.
- After joining the football team, the rest of the guys start to see Than as an actual friend and begin to treat him as such, although they make it clear they're not interested in him sexually.
- Stalker with a Crush: Implied to be his motive for why he's always in the locker room. It's likely that he has feelings for Tanner, seeing as though Tanner takes the brunt of his annoying stalkerish behaviours and sexual harassment.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: He just won't take the hint that the Football Team loathes him completely. When he comes out, he thinks that it's because everyone but Tanner is homophobic.
- Transparent Closet: Parodied and exaggerated beyond belief - he makes constant comments to the football team about wanting to have anal sex, give blowjobs to or take showers with them. Yet, he still claims to be straight. Tanner is particularly frustrated by all this.
- That Came Out Wrong: He and Tobias Fünke would Have a Gay Old Time together.
"LA LA LA, I LOVE GOSSIP GIRL SOOOOO MUCH!"Fucking Rachel Tice is the most unpopular girl at Overland Park ever since she ate a roly-poly in the 3rd grade. She obsesses over Gossip Girl and her only friend is Judith.
- Annoying Younger Sibling
- Butt Monkey
- The Chessmaster: Sees herself as this.
- Crossdressing Voices
- The Dog Bites Back
- Fallen Princess
- Fangirl: For various TV shows, especially Gossip Girl.
- Fiery Redhead
- Nerd Glasses
- Never Live It Down: She ate a roly-poly in third grade. Before that, she was a part of Shay and Mackenzie's "popular" clique.
- Phrase Catcher: "FUCKING RACHEL TICE!!"
- Pyrrhic Victory: She won Prom Queen by giving blow jobs to most of the boys in Overland Park High, but as it turns out this didn't make her popular. She just now has a whore's reputation along with being a social outcast.
- Really Gets Around: She managed to give blow jobs to every boy in school except for Matthew Derringer because he doesn't have a penis (though he said he turned her down anyway, he's that good of a boyfriend to Trisha).
- Small Annoying Creature: To the rest of the girls. Seems like she hasn't grown an inch since third grade.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: When the hipsters start becoming popular.
- Xanatos Gambit: What she imagines her plot to win prom queen to be. It's actually really, really simple.
- 0% Approval Rating: Except for Judith. And the hipsters thanks to Jenna Darabond's apparent fascination with her and Judith, even calling them cool despite being nerds and practically outcasts. Then again, it is a hipster thing.
Heeyyy!Rachel Tice's best friend.
- Butt Monkey
- Braces of Orthodontic Overkill
- First Name Basis: She is simply referred to as Judith. Her surname is only revealed via Lily Vonnegut's twitter.
- Satellite Character: To Rachel.
- Tomboyish Sidetails
- Took a Level in Jerkass: When the hipsters become popular.
Well. I think this should really be a night for all of us to celebrate together you guys. Like I know it's a cliche, but it's such an honor to be just nominated.The nicest girl at Overland Park High.
- Crossdressing Voices
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- 100% Adoration Rating
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness
- Morality Pet: To Brittnay and Mackenzie.
- Nice Girl: She's pretty much the nicest girl in the entire series, even more so than Trisha.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Invoked in-universe by Jenna Darabond.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: Brittnay seems to think so.
"It was cool, I guess."Spread the rumor that Brittnay gives second rate handjobs.
- Jerkass: Told everyone in school that Brittnay gives bad handjobs, refuses to stop telling people, and after being asked out by her, ditches her in the parking lot on Prom Night after getting a handjob.
- Terse Talker: That quote up there? That's the longest line he's had on the show.
- Though this was averted in his latest appearance at Jenna Darabond's Hipchellastockalooza concert where he shows up as an audience along with the other Overland Park students.
Jennifer McMinimanA member of the Color Guard who is the one that told Brittnay about Saison really being from Montreal.
- Bit Character
- Crossdressing Voices
- The Ghost: She was only mentioned once in the second episode, but didn't appear until the third season during a flashback to Mackenzie's New Year's party. Her lack of appearance is even lampshaded by Brittnay, with Jennifer stating she hasn't been seen because she's now on the Color Guard. Jennifer herself lampshades the fact that Brittnay, and the audience, most likely wouldn't be seeing her again.
- Morality Pet: She is one of the few people Brittnay seems to have no issue with, and trusts Jennifer's statements on the grounds that she hasn't lied since the third grade.
- Ms. Exposition
- Noodle Incident: Claims the last time she ever lied was to save a boy's life.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: She accidentally sparks Brittnay's scathing hatred of Saison simply by stating she's not from France like she tells everyone she is.
Amber ZendejasThe biggest ghost in the whole series, mentioned once, who has yet to make an actual appearance like the other ghost characters have so far.
- Bit Character: All we know about her is, upon Trisha vomiting in the bathroom stall in the third episode, she apologizes and says she'll contact Amber. This implies Amber has some job in the girls room and may or may not have a connection to the Cheer Squad.
- The Ghost
- Spell My Name with an "S": People assumed her name was spelled "Zendaihouse" but the Youtube captions spell her name "Zendejas."
How do you say.. menage ŕ trois?An exchange student who is either from France or Montreal, and a source of annoyance to both Brittnay Matthews and Lunch Lady Belinda. She gets pregnant with Blaine's baby and names it Brittnay.
- Bare Your Midriff: Same goes for her back when she turns around.
- Canada, Eh?: She's from Montreal, apparently.
- Crossdressing Voices
- Fake Nationality: In-Universe, if she is indeed Canadian. Although the doll that is used for her, a Disney Princess Belle doll, is based on a character that is from France.
- Gratuitous French: She just pronounces everything with a French-ish lisp and asks "How do you say?" before a lot of words.
- Morality Pet: To Shay.
- Only Friend: She seems to have some sort of friendship with Shay van Buren since episode 10, especially when she tried to comfort her by saying 'maybe no one noticed' about "Gay" van Buren. Then in episode 14 (and many episodes after that), she's seen talking with her.
- It's been established in Episode 19 that Shay is her best friend when Shay saw her hanging around with Brittnay as her "best friend". However, Brittnay only did it to get on TV.
- Sixth Ranger: When she joins the Overland Park cheer squad. In season three she is asked to rejoin, by Brittnay of all people, because they couldn't get anyone else besides Shay Van Buren and Atchison's Trisha.
- Teen Pregnancy: The plot of episode 14, after Trisha finds a positive pregnancy test and tries to hunt down the mother-to-be. Looks like Lunch Lady Belinda was right about Saison and Blaine making a baby on prom night.
- She gives birth in the lunchroom and her baby is delivered by Deandra, Belinda, and Atchison's Trisha. Saison names it Brittnay.
- Too Dumb to Live
- Verbal Tic: Saison Marguerite's "How d'you say..." which drives Brittnay absolutely insane.
"I-I was at Pearl Harbor."She was supposed to be watching the door. Actually, no, she wasn't. You know she's in charge of snacks, right?
- Arch-Enemy: At this point it's pretty clear she's Trisha's.
- Backstabbing the Alpha Bitch: Planning it for a while. Officially backstabbed when it came to cheer nationals as she joined the Atchison High cheer squad so her own squad would be unable to compete now that there are only five of them.
- Badass Longcoat: Her Paper-Thin Disguise at best, plus Cool Shades. (Pfft, "A Lesbian Inspector Gadget"...)
- Bad Liar
- Breakout Character: Since she got involved with the Atchison High cheer squad, there have been episodes where in which give her an extensive amount of screen time.
- Broken Bird: She's been suffering from so much anxiety that her mom's been sneaking medication into her food and her doctor's told her she has ulcers.
- Butt Monkey: Cemented in episode 22 when Deandra tosses her across the mall as a demonstration of her robot arm's strength, followed by Ashley's rather pathetic pleas for someone to help her going unheard.
- Demoted to Extra: Invoked in-universe when she asks to be left out of the current conflict after all she's gone through. However, she has a pretty prominent role in episode 58.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Getting completely annihilated by Trisha's "The Reason You Suck" Speech and having her boyfriend make out with Brittnay on prom night all in response to something she wasn't responsible for.
- Face-Heel Turn: Episode 15 implies Ashley is planning on getting revenge for what Trisha and the others did to her.
- The Ghost: Until episode 11.
- Meaningful Name: Her last name sounds like "Catch a door."
- Misblamed: Jenna Darabond was supposed to watching the door, but Deandra said it was Ashley that let her in, so Trisha blamed her.
- The Mole
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: She gets blamed for Deandra's maiming because she wasn't watching the door when she was supposed to, though it turns out she really wasn't in charge at all.
- Running Gag: Deandra mistaking her as a flasher. It's continually brought up when recalling what happened several weeks prior to cheer nationals.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: In Episode 21. And she is terrible at it. Brittnay lampshades it immediately.
- True Neutral: Ashley Katchadourian returns in Episode 31 but is not interested with having to do with anything as of late and is just set on doing her own thing, steering away from the shitstorm as much as possible. Trisha acknowledges her on that path.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: She's responsible for the entire series starting off all because she wasn't watching the door to the girls bathroom. Though it turns out she wasn't responsible for watching the door.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: She didn't sound anything beyond conniving and was quite timid when she was first seen. But after Trisha lashes out on her for leaving the door unguarded which lead to Deandra getting her arms ripped off, she's been bitter ever since. She didn't even forgive Trisha after apologizing to her.
- However, she gives a sweet and heartfelt speech about being free to like the things you like regardless if people think it's popular or not and inspires others to follow her example.
- Walking Spoiler: All that white, for Pete's sakes. It only applies if you're still new to the show and you've decided to watch the very first episode, as a good start for the more eventful things to come.
"When the fuck did everyone in this school started talking in goddamn code?"She's been absent because her dad has been sick a lot. As such, she's completely out of the loop regarding what's been going on at Overland Park.
- Ambiguously Bi: She did seem to be very interested when Jenna Darabond revealed she swings both ways.
- Brick Joke: In the first episode Trisha wondered if Jenna Darabond's dad was sick or died, then realized she was getting her confused with Jenna Dapananian. As it turns out, this Jenna's dad was the sick one.
- Characterization Marches On: She started as someone who spent her time expressing annoyance that she has no idea what is going on, but by the third and fourth seasons she's now someone who really wants to make out while also getting extremely high.
- Deadpan Snarker: How she gets by when commenting on things nobody ever explained to her about.
- The Ghost: Until episode 21.
- Locked Out of the Loop: No one seems willing to fill her in on what's been going on at Overland Park.
- Only Sane Woman: She has no idea what everyone is talking about and can't get a straight answer from any of the Cheer Squad.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: At the end up episode 30, probably because she's tired of no one telling her what's going on.
- The Stoner: Following the end of the third season, it seems she's gotten addicted to drugs as a byproduct of inhaling too much secondhand marijuana smoke.
Click here to see her picture
It's over... for now. But winter is coming to Overland Park!Due to mysterious circumstances, she's been absent for an indefinite amount of time and as a result, is replaced by Saison Margeurite so Overland Park is qualified to cheer for cheer nationals... and is originally in charge of the door.
- Asshole Victim: Depending whether she deserved to be stabbed to death by Tanya Berkowitz for burning down the mall and considering everything she did that kick started certain events that had gone on since the very first season or it's a case of Disproportionate Retribution (seriously, getting her sent to jail thanks to Mackenzie's plan was adequate enough), she had it coming.
- Wound up being a case of Death is Cheap, temporarily...
- Ax-Crazy: She burnt down the Atchison Mall and blew up Brittnay's car.
- Back for the Dead: She survived her stabbing, but was killed for good when the Mercenary Cheerleaders crashed their car into her operating room.
- Bigger Bad: She's masterminded all three seasons and she didn't even appear on screen until Episode 30.
- Bi the Way
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- The Chessmaster: Her first actual appearance has her watching the Overland Park squad through a pair of binoculars, begrudgingly conceding that Mackenzie wins this round but that she'll have something else in store. It's implied (and later confirmed) that she had something to do with the feud between the Overland Park and Atchison Cheer Squads, if not everything else that's been going on since the first episode.
- Episode 31 made it all clear that she had something to do with everything that's been going on, from Deandra being let in to the bathroom up to Cheer Nationals. Talk about an evil plan.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Why she planned on messing with the cheer squad in the first place. When she saw Ashley kissing Justin and then Mackenzie shortly after, she went on with the plan that would start it all and in first doing, introduces herself as "Ashley Katchadourian" to Deandra after letting her in the bathroom. It went further when she saw that Justin made out with Brittnay.
- Daddy's Little Villain: When she speaks to her father on the phone, she casually mentions that she's planning revenge. Given that her father is a senator, this is not very surprising.
- Disney Death: Subverted. She initially manages to survive her stabbing in a critical state. Just as the doctors are conversing how she'll likely make it, the mercenaries Mackenzie hired crash through the wall and fatally run her over.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Her schemes have included burning down a shopping mall just to get Tanya Berkowitz involved, and her form of retaliation against the cheerleaders invading hipster space was to blow up Brittnay's car.
- Establishing Character Moment: After only being mentioned for thirty episodes, when she finally appears, she's spying on the Overland Park cheerleaders through binoculars and tells her dad she's planning "a little revenge."
- Even Evil Has Standards: Insists that she's not at all responsible for Deandra getting her arms ripped-off and calls it "super fucked up". However, given the fact that she was the one who masterminded everything in the show, it's obviously fake.
- Evil Is Hammy
- Evil Redhead
- The Ghost: Yet her name has been mentioned several times before she's finally revealed at the end of Episode 30.
- Hipster: Her speech on "what is cool will be uncool" and "the things nobody likes will be the things that everybody wants". *puts on glasses* "Hipsterism..."
- Is also her Evil Plan by the way.
- I'm Cold... So Cold...
- They're also her Last Words.
- Killed Off for Real: Stabbed to death by Tanya Berkowitz out of revenge for having her mall burnt down. She pulls through, only to die by accident later on.
- Knight of Cerebus: Invoked by Mackenzie, who asks Jenna when she became so dark and repeatedly stated by Mackenzie as a bigger threat than Shay Van Buren and Tanya Berkowitz.
- Manipulative Bitch: Possibly. And in Episode 31, very much confirmed.
- Misblamed: Gets punched in the face by Brittnay for blowing up her car but it's only known that she never did it after it was mentioned in the season finale that it was Mackenzie who really did it as part of a well-crafted plan involving the cheer squad and Jenna to be in a parent-teacher conference. Other than that, it's a long story...
- Running Gag: She's mentioned lots of times, all the way from the very first episode and so on and her unknown fate seems to get everyone (the viewers) asking what the hell is up with her. At least, until the very end of season 2.
- Unspoken Plan Guarantee: When her dad called her, she said she's just working on a little bit of revenge. Sigh, here we go again...
- Walking Spoiler: Her infamous, prolonged status as The Ghost has seemingly lead her to this.
- And because of the much unexpected turn of events, current entries of progress about her character are very much spoileriffic.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: She gets out of any punishment for destroying Brittnay's car because Brittnay broke her nose.
- But as it turns out, she never had anything to do with blowing up Brittnay's car. See The Chessmaster section on Mackenzie's section.
Atchison High Cheer Squad
And when I mean butt, I mean ass. As in the ass I'll be fucking you in, bitch!The co-head vice captain to Tanya Berkowitz.
- Beta Bitch: To Tanya.
- Brick Joke: Brittany's "hide my finger" joke comes back aimed at Taylor.
- Not So Different: Basically the Brittany to Tanya's Mackenzie.
- Sassy Black Woman: Notably the only one on the show.
- Satellite Character: As Brittnay points out, Taylor only exists to back up Tanya whereas Brittnay, who is Mackenzie's Beta Bitch, is her own character.
- Slut Shaming: The bulk of her insults (primarily at Brittany) revolve around calling people whores. Like everyone else on this show.
Ya'll better, bring it!The head cheerleader of Atchison High. Voiced by Lee Newton of Sourcefed.
- Alpha Bitch: Formerly a Beta Bitch to Deandra.
- Backstabbing the Alpha Bitch: Back when she was Deandra's Beta Bitch.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Unleashes a HUGE one after losing to Mackenzie at cheer nationals.
- Evil Laugh: While not akin to the common laugh of an Alto Villainess, her high-pitched giggling counts. Especially when she told Overland Park that they stole their routine and that it's lucky for them (Atchison High) to go first.
- Faux Affably Evil: Hides just how nasty she is behind a mask of sugary sweetness and "standards." However, much like a certain Dolores Umbridge, her fake personality is every bit as sickening as her real one, if not more. The mask comes crashing down when she loses Cheer Nationals.
- Fearless Fool: The woman is absolutely unmoved by Deandra's threats and her demonstration to back those threats up, citing her knowledge of Terminator and Robocop franchises as enough needed to take Deandra down if necessary.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Enforces it on her fellow cheerleaders, as well. Completely and utterly averted in Episode 30.
- Hypocrite: Holds herself above the Overland squad for not swearing, yet unleashes a Cluster F-Bomb when she loses at cheer nationals.
- Klingon Promotion: Much like Mackenzie and Shay, Tanya is believed to have deliberately sabotaged Deandra so she could usurp her role as head of Atchison's Cheer Squad.
- Knife Nut: Stabs Jenna Darabond multiple times when she came to visit her in prison.Tanya: I...loved...that mall...
- Knight of Cerebus: It should be expected... but how do you top Jenna Darabond, who was the one responsible for everything that had happened from the start of the series? The feud between the Van Burens and the cheer squad to having threat their popular status by the invasion of hipsters? Murder, of course!
- Not So Above It All: See Villainous Breakdown below.
- Not So Different: Cleaner-mouthed, but basically a clone of Mackenzie.
- Not So Harmless: She fucking killed Jenna Darabond!
- Pop-Cultured Badass: When Brittnay makes a comment about how talking with the Atchison High Cheer Squad is like arguing with the cast of DuckTales, Tanya makes a comment that they should be so lucky to argue with anyone from that show, saying how Scrooge McDuck is worth 4.4 Billion, has fragile duck bones, and still dives into a pile of gold coins every day.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Smug Snake: Even more so than Mackenzie. Though if not for the fact that Mackenzie has to keep herself calm, she would've most likely destroyed Tanya at an earlier date.
- Sugary Malice
- Upper-Class Twit: She refrains her squad from swearing to put themselves above the Overland squad. It completely shatters in Episode 30.
- Villainous Breakdown: Completely loses her shit and swears up a storm when the Overland squad beat her squad at cheer nationals.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the Super Mario Bros. movie, and the word "collander."
"The answer to a question I never asked."Rachel's 27 year old sister with a crappy life who snarks at just about everything.
- Ascended Extra
- Daddy Issues: Lunch Lady Belinda seems to think so.Lunch Lady Belinda: What did your father do to you?
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fiery Redhead
- Grumpy Bear
- Informed Deformity: Amongst the numerous things that could not make her life awfuller than it already is, is her saying that she has alopecia. Her hair looks okay, compared to FPB positive Mackenzie.
- Jaded Washout: Her adult life sucks, let's just leave it at that.
- Perpetual Frowner: Despite the fact that her doll (a Merida doll nonetheless!) is perpetually smiling.
- The Snark Knight
- Surrounded by Idiots
- Younger Than They Look: Invoked by Deandra who, upon first meeting Bridget, assumes she's a spinster running an orphanage.
Lunch Lady Belinda
Um, excuse me! I will cut a bitch if there's lice somewhere in my chili!Lunch lady at Overland Park High, she is absolutely obsessed about Cameron Van Buren and worships the girl, who is completely oblivious about it but considers her "totes creep."
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: The food that she cooks and serves is made of mostly saw dust and rat meat. She also serves melted-down otter pops, which the students apparently love.
- Crossdressing Voices
- Depraved Homosexual: The woman has a rather disturbing obsession with Cameron Van Buren.
- As of episode 38, can probably be considered a Depraved Bisexual
- Dirty Old Woman: Her insinuations that Trisha and Matthew Derringer are going to have sex and the rather creepy laugh that follows leads extra credence to this.
- Fangirl: Of Cameron Van Buren.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: She's able to recognize when Blaine is ripping off Lou Gehrig's retirement speech, as well as knowing when Blaine and Saison Marguerite are stealing lines from old songs.
- Single-Target Sexuality: She's Cameronsexual.
- Averted in later seasons.
No, no! You go back into the toilet demon poop!The school janitor of Overland Park High.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: He debuted in the opening episode of season 2 and hasn't been seen, heard from, or even mentioned since.
- The Bus Came Back: He returned in episode 53 to clean up after the mess, Deandra, Trisha and Lunch Lady Belinda made delivering Saison's baby in the cafeteria.
- Funny Foreigner
- Serious Business: Keeping the toilets clean.
Oh my god, look at your outfit. I swear if I was into ladies, I would be elbow deep in you right now.Tanner's boyfriend.
- Brutal Honesty: "Oh, honey, because you're gayer than Perez Hilton's asshole."
- Camp Gay
- Keet: Very cheerful and energetic.
- Morality Pet: To Brittnay.
- Nice Guy: Annoying, but nice.
- Odd Friendship: You wouldn't expect him and Brittnay to get along, but you'd be wrong.
- It's one-sided, but he also took a liking to Bridget Tice.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Manages to run (maybe) all the way from Blue Valley to Overland Park when he found out that Tanner was making out with someone.
The Overland Park Doctor (Dr. Cullen M.D) note
Mackenzie: Okay, what are we talking about here. Pill? Shot? Shot in the butt? Pill in the butt? Talk to me doc.
Doctor: Okay, well. We're definitely not putting anything in your butt.
- Deadpan Snarker: "Okay, first of all, unless you gave birth to a hammerhead shark, you did not have a sixteen-month pregnancy."
- Only Sane Man: His patients would lead any good person off the wall, but keeps his professionalism to a tee.
- Surrounded by Idiots
Brooklyn KatchadourianAshley's little sister.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome
- Gossipy Hens: With Mikayla. Brooklyn was apparently the one who told her about Trisha's make-out sessions with another kid after school.
- Morality Pet: In a sense. Mikayla Van Buren is strangely nice to her even though they were competing, but it's implied that they've been a friends for a while since they do gymnastics together.
- Only Sane Girl: So far she seems to be one of the most normal little kids in the series, but God only knows how long that will last.
This make-up tastes like old candy!Mackenzie's younger sister who takes after their mom and her sister in that she's a foul mouthed attention whore, though she doesn't seem to be very bright even for her age. Mackenzie is very concerned for her. Voiced by Lee Newton of Sourcefed.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Though not directly towards Mackenzie.
- Attention Whore
- Extreme Omnivore: Let's see...she's eaten playing cards, Christmas decorations, crayons, coloured pencils, smelly markers, make-up, fake snow, a roly-poly...
- The Ghost: Was mentioned once in the third episode before she finally appeared in episode 33.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: "LOVE ME!"
- Morality Pet: She's Mackenzie's.
- Too Dumb to Live: For a seven year old especially.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Watches Dragon's Den with her mother and frequently curses.
Mrs. ZalesMackenzie's mother. Something of a... humongous bitch.
- Abusive Parents: Downplayed. She never does anything directly abusive, but she seems to value her job over her daughters and doesn't seem to care about Kaitlyn's obvious issues.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: However, she doesn't directly embarrass Mackenzie.
- Anti-Role Model
- The Corrupter: To Veronica Matthews.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Domestic Abuse: Her relationship with her husband comes off as a verbal form of this.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Hypocrite: Talks about wanting to be there for her daughters while she blatantly ignores them to talk to her assistant.
- Ungrateful Bitch: Her husband spent money on a nice weekend cruise to surprise her with a romantic vacation. She's just angry that that means she'll have to take time off work.
- Or perhaps not. She then says "I don't even need the lights turned off. The only thing I need is that big, beautiful dick of [his]"!
- Unnamed Parent: Maybe for now, but she introduced herself in the parent-teacher meeting as "Mackenzie's Mom" (we know her as Mrs. Zales).
- Lady Swears-A-Lot: Even in front of her seven year old daughter, which annoys Mackenzie.
Veronica MatthewsBrittnay's mother, often by Brittnay's cellphone where she's referred to. Seemingly too calm and nice to be her mother, to be exact.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Shown in episode 50 when her introduction basically segues to telling stories about Brittnay as a child.
- The Dog Bites Back: Mrs. Zales helps Veronica express her inner anger at what a giant, spoiled bitch her daughter is, and Veronica begins putting Brittnay in her place.
- Good Parents: Aside from Brittnay constantly whining and screaming at her, even cussing at her judging by the way she talked to her in the past on the phone, she's still rather caring and think only of good things for her daughter.
- Though that could just be her Doting Parent tendencies which might've explained why Brittnay is such a spoiled brat.
- Mama Didn't Raise No Criminal: Well, replace "Criminal" with "Bad-Tempered Bitch", but Veronica certainly has this mindset about Brittnay.
Trish CappellettiTrisha's mother. No mistake as she's not too far off from her own daughter.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Averted. You'd think a mother like her can make someone feel ashamed of their parents? Not Trisha. Then again, they get along so well for obvious reasons.
- Like Mother Like Daughter
- Really Gets Around: When she was in high school. But she was only talking about how she was all over the campus due to the classes.