Rin AsogiA badass immortal P.I. working out of Shinjiku.
- Anti-Hero: She's a good person at heart, but she has a rather icy personality. Plus, when she closes the door behind Saya to let her get eaten by various, zombie like creatures, she proves that, despite being on the side of good, she sure as hell won't forgive you for crossing the line.
- Back from the Dead: Or the closest variant for immortals. Her time spore is removed but thanks to Yggdrasil, her body begins regenerating around it.
- Badass: Kinda comes with the territory when you're immortal.
- Bi the Way: Being immortal seems to loosen a person sexuality.
- Good Is Not Nice: Rin is nice, but she won't hesitate to end a bad guys existence in rather wicked ways.
- Identity Amnesia: After getting mulched by a jet engine and two decades of regeneration, she loses her memory.
- Immortality: Through From a Single Cell and being The Undead.
- Jekyll & Hyde: Although it's a subversion when her "bad side" is just Laura impersonating her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold/Kuudere: She can be pretty cold and sarcastic, but she's still quite caring towards those close to her.
- Ms. Fanservice: Boy howdy is she.
- Private Detective: How she makes her living.
MimiRin's sidekick and fellow immortal. Works as a hacker.
- Badass Bookworm: An immortal hacker. Kind of a requirement.
- Bi the Way: She certainly has a thing for girls after getting a taste for it, but doesn't seem to dislike guys either.
- Girl Friday: For Rin.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: And she even holds her liquor better than Rin.
- The Smart Girl: The tech-savvy sidekick.
- Token Mini-Moe: A slight older example but she always looks younger than everyone else she's around.
AposA sadistic mother-effer who exists to make Rin's life (And any other persons in his way) an utter misery.
- Expy: Of Ryo Asuka.
- Evil Tastes Good: Just why is he so obsessed with causing as much pain to every immortal he finds? Because their time spores will taste so much better soaked with the memories of their pain.
- Faux Affably Evil: He'll put up a cheerful facade if he chooses, but it's just an act that hides an utter psycho underneath.
- From a Single Cell: Just like Rin.
- Hermaphrodite/Otherworldly and Sexually Ambiguous: It is unclear what the hell s/he is, but s/he apparently has two sets of genitalia.
- I Have You Now My Proud Beauty: Lord help you if you're an immortal.
- Karmic Death: He does gain a permanent position with Yggdrasil. By becoming part of it.
- Sadist: One enormous understatement...
- Self-Made Orphan: Kills his father, Tajimamori.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: Rarely raises his voice, even when he has woman bound in chains.
LauraA gun toting psycho and Rin's arch-nemesis.
- The Dragon: To Apos.
- Professional Killer: Her main occupation.
- Psycho for Hire: Very psycho.
- Psycho Lesbian: Again, quite unhinged.
- Taking You with Me: A variation. After being crippled, she has Rin insert her Time Spore into Apos so she can torment him with her memories before dying.
- We Can Rebuild Her: Apos remakes her as cyborg in Rin's image (which he proceeds to have some fun with) and implants a time spore in her as well.
TajimamoriA mysterious individual with ties to Rin.
- Chekhov's Gunman: A trait he shares with his descendents.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: We don't meet him until the final episode.
- Our Angels Are Different: The only Angel who has no desire to eat someone. There's a reason for that.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Rin.
- There Can Only Be One: And Apos decides that Tajimamori ain't the One anymore.
- Walking Spoiler
Kouki MaenoA regular Joe who gets swept into Rin's world.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: To save an immortal, he became an Angel.
- Deuteragonist: Serves as the viewpoint character, when Rin is not it.
- Cloning Blues: Though he gets over it after episode 1.
- Killed Off for Real: Becomes an Angel.
- Locked into Strangeness: After attempting suicide and somehow surviving, he has a permanent spot of miscolored hair.