Characters / Mnemosyne
A badass immortal P.I. working out of Shinjiku.
- Anti-Hero: She's a good person at heart, but she has a rather icy personality. Plus, when she closes the door behind Saya to let her get eaten by various, zombie like creatures, she proves that, despite being on the side of good, she sure as hell won't forgive you for crossing the line.
- Back from the Dead: Or the closest variant for immortals. Her time spore is removed but thanks to Yggdrasil, her body begins regenerating around it.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: She's a tough-as-nails P.I who dresses in a rather spiffy three-piece suit.
- Bi the Way: Being immortal seems to loosen a person sexuality.
Rin's sidekick and fellow immortal. Works as a hacker.
- The Smart Girl: The tech-savvy sidekick.
- Token Mini-Moe: A slight older example but she always looks younger than everyone else she's around.
A sadistic mother-effer who exists to make Rin's life (And any other persons in his way) an utter misery.
- A God Am I: Since he possesses traits of both immortals and angels, he views himself as the closest thing to a genuine god.
- Big Bad: Main antagonist of the series.
- The Chessmaster: Apos' plan has been in the works for centuries. Also, he's behind every evil act in the series.
- Expy: Of Ryo Asuka.
- Evil Tastes Good: Just why is he so obsessed with causing as much pain to every immortal he finds? Because their time spores will taste so much better soaked with the memories of their pain.
- Faux Affably Evil: He'll put up a cheerful facade if he chooses, but it's just an act that hides an utter psycho underneath.
- From a Single Cell: Just like Rin.
- Hermaphrodite: It is unclear what the hell s/he is, but s/he apparently has two sets of genitalia.
- I Have You Now My Proud Beauty: Lord help you if you're an immortal.
- Karmic Death: He does gain a permanent position with Yggdrasil. By becoming part of it.
Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara (JP), Clarine Harp (EN)
A gun toting psycho and Rin's arch-nemesis.
Voiced by: Rie Tanaka (JP), Monica Rial (EN)
A scientist behind a number of cruel and terrible experiments
- Depraved Bisexual: She's a sexual sadist and rapes both Rin and Kouki in episode 1.
- Dirty Coward: After Rin overcomes her zombie hordes and leaves her at their mercy, Sayara cries and begs for her mother.
- Immortality Hurts: Apos grants her immortality sometime after episode 1. However she's preserved in the state she's in, and after being partly eaten by zombies and set on fire, Sayara is permanently stuck that way. She lamented that it took over 20 years for the technology to develop so she could walk again.
- Mad Scientist: At first she dabbles in Cloning (which produced a number of defective pained zombies) and later upgrades to bioterrorism.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Post-cyberization, all she really wants is to exterminate all humans.
- Sadist: She enjoys hurting people, and not just to scientific ends.
A mysterious individual with ties to Rin.
A regular Joe who gets swept into Rin's world.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: To save an immortal, he became an Angel.
- Backup from Otherworld: His spirit helps Rin escape from Yggdrasil in the last episode.
- Bungled Suicide: Near the end of the first episode he is left with a gun by Rin who tells him that only he can choose what path to take. A gunshot is heard offscreen, suggesting he killed himself. However, he shows up at Rin's office the next day with a bandaged head wound. How he survived shooting himself in the head is never revealed, though it's likely he changed his mind at the last minute as he fired the gun and the bullet only grazed him.
- Deuteragonist: Serves as the viewpoint character, when Rin is not it.
- Cloning Blues: Though he gets over it after episode 1.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He consumes a Time Fruit to become an Angel and save Rin from Sayara.
- Killed Off for Real: Becomes an Angel.
- Locked into Strangeness: After attempting suicide and somehow surviving, he has a permanent spot of miscolored hair.