- Chivalrous Pervert: Even a masochist like him has standards.
- Conveniently Seated: Keeper of the seat in the second-to-last back row, along the side with the windows.
- Dragged into Drag: Has been into this twice. Each time other characters commented on how dangerously cute he looks.
- Everyone Has Standards: Sure, you may be masochist who enjoys being beaten up by a Tsundere or a shy kindhearted girl with severe androphobia, but you are definitely not a person who would attempt to beat up and rape the said androphobic girl where some Jerkass was solely responsible for the said girl's androphobia.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Initially unknowingly in love with Tatsukichi's crossdressing alter-ego.
- Made of Iron
- Nice Guy
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Let alone by his mother and sister.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: His leitmotif whenever his masochistic urges hit the ceiling.
- Power Levels: According to Noa, he has a "Pervert Level" of 30,000, in contrast to the normal 5.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Savvy Guy to Mio's Energetic Girl.
- Too Kinky to Torture: A trope that Mio is rather happy about.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- A-Cup Angst: Especially whenever Tatsukichi's crossdressing persona taunts her flat chest.
- A God Am I
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The source of her growing feelings for Taro.
- Berserk Button: Poking fun of her flat chest.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Yuuno's Betty.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Mio appears as cute as can be when Taro first meets her, but that facade is pretty quickly stripped away ten minutes into the first episode alone.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: As her love for Taro develops she begins showing tendencies to be snippy whenever he's with another girl.
- Club President: Of the Second Voluntary Club.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Hair Decorations: Her headband.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: In the anime at least.
- Older Than She Looks: She's an eleventh-grade girl. She looks no older than seventh-grade
- Rapunzel Hair
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Energetic Girl to Taro's Savvy Guy.
- Second Year Protagonist
- Shana Clone
- Sitcom Archnemesis: With Tatsukichi's "female" form.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl
- Token Mini-Moe
- Tsundere: The harsh "Tsun" type. Her normal self is extremely harsh, and often severely sadistic. It takes work to bring out the sweet side, but she does wind up showing it occasionally to Tarou.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of cats.
- Zettai Ryouiki
- Attempted Rape: Yoshioka tried to rape her, which is how she came to dislike men.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Mio's Veronica.
- Cannot Spit It Out
- Catch Phrase"I'm scared of men!" (Every time Taro accidentally touches her physically)
- Cuteness Proximity
- Does Not Like Men
- Last Name Basis: Most characters call her by this.
- Nice Girl
- Tsundere: Sweet "Dere" type. She's normally very polite and considerate to everyone, or at least wants to be in spite of her violence-inducing androphobia. She occasionally grows "Tsun" toward Tarou, though more often she just tries to in order to pander to his masochism.
- Yamato Nadeshiko
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
Tatsukichi Hayama / Tatsumi Antoinette XVI
Voiced by: Rina Sato (Japanese), Meaghan Avocato (English)Taro's best friend and a crossdresser.
- Becoming the Mask: As time passed he's noticeably becoming more and more like his crossdressing persona.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Even as a boy he certainly looks effeminate.
- Girly Run: Particularly in episode 1.
- It Was a Gift: His hobby was inspired by a girl he befriended when he was little.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Prone to do this when he crossdresses.
- Ojou: In his crossdressing form.
- Wholesome Crossdresser
Voiced by: Yuko Gibu (Japanese), Maggie Flecknoe (English)Yuuno's best friend.
- Bi the Way: Unambiguously too friendly to Yuuno to be mere friends, but is also shown to be attracted to Tatsukichi.
- Happy Ending Massage: She specializes in these.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Regarding Tatsukichi's crossdressing hobby.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Yuuno.
Voiced by: Rie Tanaka (Japanese), Genevieve Simmons (English)The school nurse and perhaps the only faculty Mio can get along with very well.
- Ambiguously Gay: She takes pictures of cute girls and keeps them in her collection.
- The Comically Serious
- Cool Big Sis: To Mio.
- Genre Savvy: Regarding the many hijinks the Second Voluntary Club gets into.
- Hello, Nurse!
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Likes taking pictures of girls and keeps a gallery full of them.
- The Stoic
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- A-Cup Angst
- Berserk Button: Never ever make fun of her small stature.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Older Than She Looks: Like Mio, she also looks too young to be an eleventh-grader.
- Overnight Age-Up: Keeps with her a bunch of pills which she can use if she wants to look like someone of her age.
- Teen Genius
- Token Mini-Moe: Possibly the youngest looking character in the series.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green hair, in her case.
- Berserk Button: The very idea of Noa growing up.
- Lolicon: Yukinojo is this trope cranked up several notches.
Voiced by: Susumu Chiba (Japanese)A Model.
- Karma Houdini:
- How he gets away with what he did to Yuuno and goes as far as spread rumors of her sleeping around for good measure.
- Averted when he fought Taro. Bonus points for what Yumi did to him as payback and revenge for what happen to Yuuno
- Jerk Jock: This pretty-boy douche is a boxer, and he use these skills to punch poor Yuuno out for not letting him have his way with her.
- Sadist: If punching out Taro is an enjoyable experience, then beating, and raping Yuuno might be an even more pleasant experience.
- Slasher Smile: :How we greets Yuuma after bumping in outside the streets.