Characters / Harvest Moon
For a game series franchise
that revolves around farming, Harvest Moon
sure has managed to rack up a large list of characters. Organized roughly by game series.
Related character pages: Rune Factory
Character Sheets by Sub-series:
Characters Appearing in Multiple Games
The player character. In most games, his recently-deceased grandfather has passed the farm down to him, and he must work to bring it back to its former glory.
- Brown Eyes: Starting around Back to Nature
- Farm Boy (duh!)
- Game-Favored Gender: For the most part, especially in the earlier games, in which there either was no female option, or the female option's game would be cut off at marriage, whereas the male's could go on after.
- Heroic Mime: Most of the games in which he appears, though you do get options to answer questions now and then (like heart events).
- Nice Hat: It's changed colors a few times (green to blue) but he's never seen without it.
The female version of Pete. Usually a city-girl that becomes a farmer out of boredom.
A group of tiny fairy-like guys who wear poofy, colorful clothing. In several of the games, they will help you with your farmwork if you befriend them.
- Fairy Companion
- Meaningful Name: In Harvest Moon DS, some of the sprites have names based on the job they do. The Legendary Sprites (from Friends of Mineral Town), have names related to their personalities.
- Nature Spirit
- Pig Latin: The sprites speak this in Harvest Moon 64 before you befriend them.
- Theme Naming: Many of the groups of Harvest Sprites have names that fill some sort of theme.
- You Can See Me?: In most incarnations, only the main character can see the sprites. A "childlike heart" or something similar is what allows you to see them.
- In A New Beginning, it seems the reason most people don't see the Harvest Sprites is because they just hang out in an out-of-the-way area. The Harvest Goddess and the Sprites will appear to speak to you and you beloved on your wedding day.
- In Harvest Moon DS, Thomas and one of the Harvest Sprites actually get into a fight! This has lead some fans to speculate that Thomas is the Harvest King (In the DS version anyhow).
The Harvest Goddess
The resident deity, who always lives in a pond somewhere. She is usually contacted by tossing a crop into the water as an offering.
The Witch Princess
A trickster witch originating from the DS/Island
series. She has a rivalry with the Harvest Goddess for some silly reason. Animal Parade
's Witch Princess is different from the series' usual one - for tropes relating to her, go to the page for Tree of Tranquility
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: In Harvest Moon DS, marrying the Witch Princess requires you to be neglectful beyond a Chaotic Stupid level.
- Chaotic Stupid: Her idea of fun is playing pranks on the Harvest Goddess, and her idea of a suitable bachelor is one who plays pranks on the townspeople. For these reasons, your relationship with everyone will go down if you decide to marry her instead of one of the other girls.
- Cute Witch
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Her Sunshine Islands and A New Beginning wedding dresses.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: In Island of Happiness/Sunshine Islands, she has a big thing for teddy bears.
- Immortality: Complete Immortality or The Ageless, presumably, considering her being Really 700 Years Old.
- Jerkass: She doesn't get along with the Harvest Goddess, and can sometimes be pretty mean. For instance, the typhoons and blizzards that cause you to lose a day of productivity in summer and winter are her fault (or at least, she takes "credit" for them).
- Mayfly-December Romance: If your character ever aged a day.
- No Name Given
- Not a Morning Person: In DS and Island of Happiness/Sunshine Islands, she'll comment on being sleepy if you visit her in the morning. In A New Beginning, she straight-up sleeps until noon.
- Really 700 Years Old: As old as the Harvest Goddess herself.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Towards the Harvest Goddess. One of the battles between the two in Island Of Happiness amounts to a staring contest.
- The Trickster: She can be mean, but she's never malicious, not even really towards the Harvest Goddess. She just likes to play pranks.