- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Three female leads: a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead.
- Curtains Match the Window: Hair and eyes of the same color.
- Delinquent Hair: Punk hair, often dyed.
- Dye Hard: Hair dye flanderized.
- Elemental Hair: Hair and Elemental Powers match.
- Hair Color Dissonance: Real life hair vs illustrated hair.
- Hair Color Spoiler.
- Implausible Hair Color.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Someone's hair changes color repeatedly.
- Multicolored Hair: More than one hair color on a single scalp.
- People of Hair Color: An ethnicity defined by a single hair color.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Magical powers that cause a change in hair color.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Animated characters have unnatural hair colors to distinguish them from one another.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: A dark-skinned blond character.
- Dumb Blonde: A dumb blond woman.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: A blond woman is considered very attractive.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Pure and innocent blonde.
- Plenty of Blondes: A cast with lots of blondes.
- Slashers Prefer Blondes: Blondes have lower survival rates than their darker-haired peers.
Brunette (brown to black)
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: A tall, pretty, aloof, composed dark hair girl.
- Brainy Brunette: An intelligent, academic brunette girl.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Dark hair + pale skin = eerie and vaguely undead.
- Evil Brunette Twin: Twin + dark hair = evil.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Dark hair + pale skin = beautiful and striking.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: A tall, good-looking, dark-haired and dark-eyed man.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Red hair and dark skin indicate an exotic, energetic, and unpredictable character.
- Evil Redhead: An evil red-haired character.
- Fiery Redhead: A redhead with a fiery personality.
- Heroes Want Redheads: A red-haired love interest.
- Red-Headed Stepchild: A person bullied for their red hair.
- Redhead In Green: Redheads wear lots of green.
- Redheads Are Uncool: Redhead youths are nerds, geeks, and other social outcasts.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Green-eyed redheads are never just extras.
Unnatural hair colors