Characters: Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
Characters who have appeared in Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
, Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands
and Harvest Moon Frantic Farming
Mark and Chelsea
The game's male and female main characters, respectively. Playing as Mark makes Chelsea a marriage candidate, and vice-versa.
open/close all folders
Bachelors and Bachelorettes
Granddaughter of Taro, the island village's mayor. Likes to pick on her older brother Elliott. If playing as Chelsea, she's your rival for Pierre.
Mirabelle's daughter. She likes animals, and always tries her best to help out her mother. If playing as Chelsea, she's your rival for Elliot.
A pop starlet who moves onto the island to find good fishing spots. Becomes drawn to Denny, since he's a fisherman by trade. If playing as Chelsea, she's your rival for Denny.
Daughter of mining mogul Regis, works as his accountant. Dreams of being a writer. If playing as Chelsea, she's your rival for Vaughn.
A treasure hunter who came to the islands to strike it rich. If playing as Chelsea, she's your rival for Will.
- Antiquated Linguistics
- Chinese Girl
- Companion Cube: Her panda doll. She said that doll suddenly fell on top of her and shielded her body from a cave-in, and ever since she always brings it everywhere she goes. What's a panda doll doing inside a cave, she doesn't know and doesn't care.
- Meaningful Name: Lily is obvious, Suiran mean green orchid. Her other spelling of Japanese name; Sui Ren, literally means water lily.
Rival to the Harvest Goddess. Has a love of bears and hatred for her niece!
Natalie's put-upon older brother. A hard worker who lacks self-esteem (again, thanks to Natalie). Has a crush on Julia and if you play as Mark, he's your Rival for her.
- Expy: Of Rick.
- I Want to Be a Real Man: With a sister who's more manly than him, he's struggling with his grandfather's expectations of him being a great farmer. He even asked Gannon for tips on how to become more manly. From what it seems, he still has a long road to go. In fact, should Chelsea choose to marry him, his grandfather actually asks her to whip him into shape.
- Give Geeks a Chance: His proposal scene to Julia
- Love at First Sight: If Chelsea marries him, he claims to have been "crazy about [her] since [he] first met [her]".
- Official Couple: With Julia, if you don't marry him.
- Shrinking Violet
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Natalie.
The antisocial animal trader who only shows up on the island two days of the week. If playing as Mark, he's your rival for Sabrina.
A free-spirited fisherman, who lives in a shack on the beach. If playing as Mark, he's your rival for Lanna.
A member of a famous family of gourmets. Came to the island seeking out new ingredients and recipes. If playing as Mark, he's your rival for Natalie.
Regis' nephew and Sabrina's cousin who lives in a yacht docked at the pier on Sprout Island. If playing as Mark, he's your rival for Lily.
A native of the northern jungle. Lives there with his adopted father/chieftain Wada.
Defacto mayor of the island, and (in IoH) the first family to move there in years. He knows a lot about farming.
Taro's daughter, mother of Elliot and Natalie.
The village's carpenter, who moves onto the island after you ship some wood and/or material stone. Has a cute daughter named Eliza, who follows him onto the island after you let him upgrade your house.
Gannon's ridiculously cute daughter. Moves in with Gannon after your first house upgrade.
The island's shopkeeper. He moves in soon after you and Taro's family set up shop.
Chen's son. He makes all your accesories and fixes the Wonderfuls to your tools.
Sabrina's father and the island's richest man. Dresses like a serial villain.
Runs the animal shop. Julia's mother.
- I Was Quite a Looker: According to a Sunshine Islands cutscene, young Mirabelle was a darker-haired version of Julia. Julia was aghast by the prospect of being as large as her mother when Mirabelle said many women in their family are indeed big boned.
Priest of the Harvest Goddess. Opens a church at the Goddess Pond after you build the forest bridge.
Nathan's acolyte. Dedicated her life to service to the Goddess.
- Married to the Job: In Sunshine Island, no matter how high her heart meter is, she'll turn down your marriage proposal because she's dedicated to serving the Harvest Goddess.
- Fortunately this is not the case in Tale of Two Towns; however, there is a catch: she won't have a child with you.
The Witch Princess' niece.