- Harvest Moon: The original SNES game
- Harvest Moon Game Boy: The Game Boy/Game Boy Color series (Harvest Moon 3)
- Harvest Moon 64: Harvest Moon 64
- Harvest Moon: Mineral Town: Back to Nature, and Friends of Mineral Town
- Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life: A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life and AWL: Special Edition
- Harvest Moon: Magical Melody: Magical Melody
- Harvest Moon DS: Harvest Moon DS and DS Cute
- Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness: Island of Happiness, Sunshine Islands and Frantic Farming
- Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility: Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade
- Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar
- Harvest Moon My Little Shop
- Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns
- Harvest Moon: A New Beginning: A New Beginning
- Story of Seasons: Story of Seasons
Toy/TonyThe player character.
- The Chosen One: He's enlisted by the Harvest Goddess to save the valley in both versions.
- Dating Catwoman/Foe Yay: If the player chooses to court Alice.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: Although the Funland employees are technically his enemies, he can still have pleasant chats with them and give them presents.
- The Hero: He's the eponymous hero of Leaf Valley.
- Interpretative Character: When you start Hero of Leaf Valley you will be asked questions with "Nice guy" and "Bad guy" answers. There are different interpretations of our hero depending on what answers you pick.
open/close all folders
LylaThe local florist. Involved in The Tale of the Blue Mist and Azure Swallowtail quest.
- Expy: With the pink hair, the Eyes Always Shut and her job selling seeds and flowers, she's a younger version of Lillia from previous games.
- Eyes Always Shut: She never opens her eyes, except in one scene. And then, it's only for a second. When they are open, she is shown to have Purple Eyes (go figure).
- Happily Married: To Louis in Save the Homeland after the Bluebird quest.
- The Pollyanna: She is almost never sad. Of course, the Magical Melody guidebook warns that just because she's smiling doesn't mean she's not angry.
DiaA shy girl who lives in the local villa. Involved in The Tale of the Golden Potato Seed quest, which is exclusive to Hero of Leaf Valley.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: At least initially.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Ill Girl: In Magical Melody, she is only found inside the hospital and is bedridden.
- Lonely Rich Kid
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Trademark Favorite Food: Blueberries, and she doesn't admit that until after you've given her about fifteen of them.
GinaA maid working in the local villa. Involved in The Tale of the Harvest Goddess Dress quest.
- Hospital Hottie : In Magical Melody she spends all her time at the clinic - even after you marry her, she's already gone when you wake up in the morning.
- Meido: She and her grandmother, Martha, work for Dia's family.
- Shrinking Violet
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
GwenThe granddaughter of Woody, the village carpenter. An animal lover, she works part-time at Bob's livestock ranch. Involved in The Tale of the Endangered Weasel quest.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Friend to All Living Things: Well, animals. She doesn't like you at first.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: You even get the "Ponytail note" for befriending her in Magical Melody.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Golden Milk, berries of all types, and any kind of jam.
KatieGranddaughter of Wallace, owner of the village's restaurant/bar. Involved in The Tale of the Cake Contest quest.
- Berserk Button: A mild example, but don't treat her like a child.
- Genki Girl
- Lethal Chef: She starts out as one, but gets better. Mostly.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cheese.
AliceOne of the new characters exclusive to Hero of Leaf Valley. She's the manager of the Funland Company building. Involved in the new Shoot for the Stars quest.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Girlish Pigtails
- Shout-Out: Of another tsundere when she screamed "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" to Charles and Renton.
- Terrible Trio: With her lackeys Charles and Renton.
- Tsundere: Obviously type-A.Alice: *Upon receiving a gift* ...Well, I guess I'll take it for you. I-It's not like I'm happy about it or anything!
AureliaOne of the new characters exclusive to Hero of Leaf Valley. A former wild child before joining the clergy, she moves to Leaf Valley with Chester. Involved with The Tale of the Blue Bird quest in HoLV.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Effortless Amazonian Lift: She effortlessly carried Chester on her shoulder after he fainted in the mine.
- Fiery Redhead
Harvest Goddess aka MarinaA secret bachelorette in Hero of Leaf Valley. Involved in the new Tale of the Harvest Goddess Temple quest.
- Bad Boss: The Harvest Sprites regard her as this sometimes.
- Not a Morning Person: Give her an offering before noon at your own peril.
- Ojou Ringlets
- Pimped-Out Dress
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: She lives underwater all the time until you married her in the third year.
- Team Mom: to the Harvest Sprites (sometimes).
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
MarthaGina's grandma and Dia's caretaker. She spends most of her time taking care of the Villa and is willing to teach others how to cook. Involved in The Rebirth of the True Harvest Festival quest along with Woody and Wallace.
- The Caretaker: Apparently, she was hired to look after Dia when she was sickly.
- Cool Old Lady: The only normal one at Clove's Villa.
- Honorary Uncle: Even Dia calls her "Grandma".
KurtBrother to Joe and one of Woody's apprentices. Both he and Joe are involved in the Tale of the Silver Fish quest, originally titled "A Fishy Story" in StH.
- Ambiguously Brown: He has Asian features, along with his brother in the revised version. In the Japanese version he's one of the few characters with a non-English name.
- The Quiet One
- Real Men Wear Pink: Not so much a clothing style as a strange fondness for flowers, gardening, and butterflies.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Tomatoes.
JoeBrother to Kurt and one of Woody's apprentices. Both he and Kurt are involved in the Tale of the Silver Fish quest, originally titled "A Fishy Story" in StH.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Kurt's shy and doesn't talk much, Joe's friendly and quite the opposite.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: He wears a starry blue bandanna, and a red striped shirt.
ParsleyA travelling botanist who comes to observe the Leaf Valley plant life. Involved in the new Hundred Year Old Cherry Tree quest in HoLV.
- Expy: He's basically a younger version of Basil from the previous games. He wears the same outfit, does the same job and is also named after a herb.
LouisA local inventor and scientist who aims at being the world's greatest inventor. The original instigator of the Tale of the Bluebird quest in StH, he was given a new quest in HoLV: Louis the Inventor King.
BobOwner of Brownie/Starling Ranch, the local livestock dealer. Involved in the Tale of the Horse Champion quest, originally the "Horse Race" quest.
- The Big Guy
- Dub Name Change: His ranch was changed from Brownie Ranch in StH to Starling Ranch in HoLV.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Can be this to Gwen, if you marry her in Hero of Leaf Valley.
TimBob's younger brother. Involved with Parsley in the Hundred Year Old Cherry Tree quest, and instigator of the "Treasure Hunt" quests in StH.
CharlesA new character in Hero of Leaf Valley. He's one of the employees under Alice.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He is the one who builds the robots Funland uses to terrorize the valley.
- Never My Fault: Tends to blame Renton when his inventions fail.
- Small Name, Big Ego
RentonA new character in Hero of Leaf Valley. He's one of the employees under Alice.
- Butt Monkey: When something goes wrong for Funland, he is usually blamed for it.
- The Short Guy with Glasses